Sign in to follow this  
Weebl

Badly timed deaths

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Roger Moore died the day after the Manchester Arena bombing I think. Similarly Amy Winehouse dying the day after (before?) yr Norwegian Nazi lad went crazy on that island. 

We can quickly mention all the usual names dropped in these threads: CS Lewis and Aldous Huxley (died the same day as JFK) Sergei Prokofiev (same day as Stalin) and Rudyard Kipling (George V). Indeed, PM Stanley Baldwin mentioning to Edward VIII "hey, did you hear Rudyard Kipling died" the day after his father carked it meant the pair never enjoyed a particularly cordial relationship.

Prokofiev (who is in my book one of the greatest classic composers) actually lived on Red Square, and so his friends had to move his body down an alleyway to get it away from his house as outside was packed with Stalin mourners.

I know you know that one, but it might interest some of the others.

The other famous  historical one, I'll leave to @Death Impends...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msc said:

The other famous  historical one, I'll leave to @Death Impends...

Ah yes, the namesake event of some deadpool team, I think it's called John Adams Dies... :)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Anyway, here's the thread where you can post the people who decided to die at the worst timing possible : one day before their birthday, on their birthday, one day before their wedding etc…

The wonderful Ingrid Bergman, my favourite actress, died after a long battle with cancer on her 67th birthday.

But... "We'll always have Paris".

• Like 2

Moved to the extra curricular forum. Now, I'm sure there's a very similar thread here this can be merged with. 

Finnish composer Heino Kaski died on the 19th or 20th of September 1957 - massively overshadowed by much more notable Finnish composer (and Kaski's teacher) Jean Sibelius who died on the 20th.

• Like 2