P94

Lech Wałęsa

1 hour ago, P94 said:

Recently, Lech Wałęsa has been admitted to hospital due to diabetes from which he has suffering for years. His leg is at risk from a diabetic foot that can even lead to amputation.

Link: https://www.tvp.info/55403266/lech-walesa-trafil-do-szpitala-jaki-jest-stan-zdrowia-bylego-prezydenta (Polish)

Kind of DeathListy in my opinion. The article also mentions a previous hospitalisation this year because of heart issues.

• Like 1

Definitely a chance. https://www.ruetir.com/2021/03/14/walesa-hospitalized-on-video-he-says-i-dont-know-if-we-will-meet-again-ruetir/

Lots of aging Nobel Peace Prize laureates currently who could be on DL soon. Tutu (1984) and Gorbachev (1990) both 90 this year (Tutu's birthday will be in October)

Frederik Willem de Klerk (1993) has cancer and I'd say is quite likely to be included next year. Martti Ahtisaari (2008) hasn't been seen in public for a year and went pretty quiet after catching covid in March 2020. Looked bad in paparazzi pictures from June 2020. A chance for next year as he used to be very active before covid.

Adolfo Pérez Esquivel (1980) still looks great despite the fact that he'll also be 90 later this year. Óscar Arias (1987) used to have some health issues, don't know about his current condition but looks great in pictures. He's 80.

As someone who got a unique pick for Vaclav Havel, Walesa must be worth a shot (in fact I was surprised to find he is still alive)

20 hours ago, Youth in Asia said:

As someone who got a unique pick for Vaclav Havel, Walesa must be worth a shot (in fact I was surprised to find he is still alive)

He had some surgery here in Minnesota a few years ago, I think that was the last time he was in the news.

I never knew his name had an accent under the 'e' - I've just been trying to wipe something off my keyboard. 

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, arghton said:

Reportedly hospitalised again.

The post says "It got me again" which implies COVID.

Looks okay and probably gonna recover, but definitely a name to watch at this point. Probably dead within a couple years.