Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Corbyn

Steve Allen

Not a fan of starting new threads but I think this man is notable enough. He has presented on LBC for over 40 years and is well known for his early breakfast show where he chastises celebrities and rants on about life. A few years ago he had stents put in, but over the last year or two he has suffered from numerous health issues for which he has had to he hospitalised for.

He's 67, has been off multiple times this year due to emergency procedures (sometimes announcing he was returning the next day and then pulling out just an hour before) and this is a man who never took one day off in about 10 years prior to that. He is back again now since 9th August but his illnesses seem to be getting more and more frequent. He was also a chainsmoker for many years until giving up when he had an angina attack... Maybe one to watch.

• Like 3

He wouldn't even make the top 10 famous people with the surname Allen.

39 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

But still famous enough to have a big following of listeners

Arguably his profile has been raised by his latest controversy. Could exacerbate his health issues (listed above)

I mean what he said was a bit mean to Tilly Ramsay who is only slightly chubby but oh well.I like how they have unearthed previous comments of his calling Gemma Collins fat and Amy Hart stupid and pointless which are pretty accurate.

I find this man insufferable. He's rude and vile, but she should've just ignored it. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion and if anything it will just give him more listeners.

There are some real egotistical wankers who present LBC. James O'Brien and Nick Abbot are up there too IMO.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I find this man insufferable. He's rude and vile, but she should've just ignored it. The whole thing has been blown out of proportion and if anything it will just give him more listeners.

Yes, but in fairness, a 19 year old "celebrity"* is still a 19 year old and wont have the maturity of an adult to deal with insufferably rude people, so to speak. 

*I had genuinely never heard of her before now, but on hearing her father is Gordon Ramsay, she has my full sympathy there! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Yes, but in fairness, a 19 year old "celebrity"* is still a 19 year old and wont have the maturity of an adult to deal with insufferably rude people, so to speak. 

*I had genuinely never heard of her before now, but on hearing her father is Gordon Ramsay, she has my full sympathy there! 

Yeah he has been a Dick to her but what he said wasn't that bad.If you put yourself out there you will get criticism.I could understand more if he called her fat but chubby is just slightly rude.

On 27/08/2021 at 19:14, Youth in Asia said:

That could be a theme team, the F-Allen :cringe:

His health could be affected now he's 'left' LBC (meaning contract been terminated). It was very sudden, so may also be due to a health issue. 69 this month

• Like 1