Sign in to follow this  
dimreaper

William Daniels

Legendary actor, known best for his portrayal of George Feeny in Boy Meets World. He'll be 95 next March!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, dimreaper said:

Legendary actor, known best for his portrayal of George Feeny in Boy Meets World. He'll be 95 next March!

Any health issues? 

15 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Any health issues? 

None that are known of. He does still occasionally give interviews, and appears quite lucid and alert despite his advanced age.

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Just gonna throw this out there...never heard of him. :huh:

Same.  Never seen that programme either.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dimreaper said:

To you, maybe, I have no recollection of this show being broadcast in the UK (was it on a digital channel in the early days?). Some of us will remember him better as the voice of KITT in Knight Rider, or Dr. Craig in St. Elsewhere; they'll have heard of the shows at least.

• Like 1

Boy Meets World was v popular in the mid 90s. One of the terrestrial channels did show it but I forget which. Knight Rider probably far better known to most people over the age of 40 or so though.

• Like 2

He ist not that unknown if even I know him :) He was president of Screen Actors Guild from 1999 to 2001 and played in so many movies, for example Dustin Hoffmann character's father in The Graduate, in "Reds" beside Diane Keaton and Warren Beatty or in "Two for the Road" beside Audrey Hepburn.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He also played John Adams in the 1776 musical film.

• Like 3

So...basically, if we'd started this thread with "Former President of the Screen Actors Guild William Daniels is still going aged 95. Well known for being the voice of KITT in Knight Rider he also starred in films like 'The Graduate' and 'Reds' and in tv shows like 'St Elsewhere' and 'Boy Meets World'.' then I'm not sure I'd even have commented. Clearly had a big career, even if I still haven't heard of him. I've heard of Boy Meets World, I'm vaguely aware it was on in the 90s, but I've never seen it. I've not seen any of the others either to be honest, but I'm aware of their cultural significance.

I'd still question whether he needs his own thread, though, since there's nothing wrong with him and he's hardly prolific in the news. But I'm not a thread Nazi like some on here. Each to their own and all that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

So...basically, if we'd started this thread with "Former President of the Screen Actors Guild William Daniels is still going aged 95. Well known for being the voice of KITT in Knight Rider he also starred in films like 'The Graduate' and 'Reds' and in tv shows like 'St Elsewhere' and 'Boy Meets World'.' then I'm not sure I'd even have commented. Clearly had a big career, even if I still haven't heard of him. I've heard of Boy Meets World, I'm vaguely aware it was on in the 90s, but I've never seen it. I've not seen any of the others either to be honest, but I'm aware of their cultural significance.

I'd still question whether he needs his own thread, though, since there's nothing wrong with him and he's hardly prolific in the news. But I'm not a thread Nazi like some on here. Each to their own and all that.

Last I heard of him was the time he thwarted a burglar in his 90s a few years back!

Good actor though, hopefully he's got a bit left in him yet.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Point well taken, but i'd argue he's had a more prolific career than Bill Gates father did.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, time said:

To you, maybe, I have no recollection of this show being broadcast in the UK (was it on a digital channel in the early days?). Some of us will remember him better as the voice of KITT in Knight Rider, or Dr. Craig in St. Elsewhere; they'll have heard of the shows at least.

Definitely Dr Craig for me. I have never seen Knight Rider.  I'm not sure he warrants a thread of his own though and I say that as a St Elsewhere fan.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dimreaper said:

Point well taken, but i'd argue he's had a more prolific career than Bill Gates father did.

Him and about a million other people. :lol:

5 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Anybody with enough of a shot at making the DL deserves a thread, kinda the whole reason to have separate celebrity threads in the first place. 

• Like 1

Poor Grim is never going to get the thrill of starting a new hogmanay thread again at this rate!

As I said just the other day, he'll be best remembered as "the voice of Knight Rider's car."

Actually the other night I watched the Naked City episode "Idylls Of A Running Back" and he turned up in that.

Wife Bonnie Bartlett and he celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary June 30th. They may be the current longest married Hollywood couple where both have had on-screen careers.

• Like 1