Ulitzer95

Frank Field

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/new-years-honours-merseyside-heroes-22612375

Frank Field has been made a Lord in the Queens New Years honours list.

He was a Lord already.

He has been awarded the Companion of Honour which used to be a top award until David Cameron gave it to his bum chum George Osbourne.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Shocking omission from this year's list.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, NotTheNagsHeadReading said:

Shocking omission from this year's list.

2022’s Larry King.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

2022’s Larry King.

Be a race between him and Barbara Walters

Nearly 6 months on since he was said to be receiving care in a hospice, he is still here.

I think he just said he was ill to get that gong at Christmas….

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Windsor said:

Nearly 6 months on since he was said to be receiving care in a hospice, he is still here.

I think he just said he was ill to get that gong at Christmas….

Bed blocker with the Zsa Zsa touch who may make the 2023 list. The inconsiderate sod is currently occupying a valuable place on my DL Cup team who face disgrace in the May round given the point-scoring power of every other line-up. Doubtless reports of Frank out jogging will appear shortly.

• Haha 1

Biggest misread of the year for us. But was there any way to know?

I dunno still just under 4 months until the end of the year.

Wonder what condition he actually has.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

Wonder what condition he actually has.

believe it's a hangnail

It will be interesting to see who goes first, UK politician Frank Field or 99 year old U.S. meteorologist Frank Field. I’m playing both of them in the Windy City Deadpool.

• Like 1

Well, it is nearly 4 months later since the last post and during my research for the DDP, I can't figure if he's a worthy pick for 2023.  Yes, he'll QO and he is said to have stage 4 cancer, but the type of cancer is unknown.  I picked him in 2021 and with him reaching 80, he's dropped in points too. 

I can't find much from him in 2022, but here's a timeline of events.

22 Oct 2021 - Baroness Meacher announced his illness and stay in hospice during a debate on assisted dying; this thread created by @Ulitzer95

29 Oct 2021 - Last tweet on Twitter by the @frankfieldteam, thanking for the outpouring of support

1 Jan 2022 - Receives New Year's Honours

17 Feb 2022 - given "the Freedom of Wirral"

2 Sept 2022 - co-wrote an article on the cost of living & energy crisis, mentioned by @Sean above ** the only action directly attributed to Field in 2022 **

His personal webite (frankfield.co.uk) hasn't been updated since November 2019.

The Frank Field Education Trust is active, but it is unlikely he has any part in the day-to-day works. 

I'll ask @Ulitzer95 - any insight you have?  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Evil Grimace said:

Well, it is nearly 4 months later since the last post and during my research for the DDP, I can't figure if he's a worthy pick for 2023.  Yes, he'll QO and he is said to have stage 4 cancer, but the type of cancer is unknown.  I picked him in 2021 and with him reaching 80, he's dropped in points too. 

22 Oct 2021 - Baroness Meacher announced his illness and stay in hospice during a debate on assisted dying; this thread created by @Ulitzer95

29 Oct 2021 - Last tweet on Twitter by the @frankfieldteam, thanking for the outpouring of support

2 Sept 2022 - co-wrote an article on the cost of living & energy crisis, mentioned by @Sean above ** the only action directly attributed to Field in 2022 **

The Frank Field Education Trust is active, but it is unlikely he has any part in the day-to-day works. 

Sadly none.

His cancer is terminal, we know that much, but how “treatable” (ie life extending) it is, I don’t know. Field was a deathpool trap. Most of the time hospice = imminent death. All that said, his age and his recent elusiveness would suggest it’s unlikely he’ll see out 2023.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has

9 hours ago, Evil Grimace said:

He is almosr guaranteed to make the Drop 40 again I would say although possibly at a lower position so there is that to consider points wise also.

Not sure if it was picked up, he was invested with his medal back in May 2022. Image shows him looking very frail. 

Investiture

The CH is a top tier gong. The fact it was awarded to him by his local Lord Lieutenant shows that he has been unable to travel. Perhaps not surprising given the hospice care. 

• Like 6

On 26/12/2022 at 21:15, Evil Grimace said:

Yes, he'll QO and he is said to have stage 4 cancer, but the type of cancer is unknown.  

I can't find much from him in 2022…

Absolutely nowhere has anyone said his terminal illness is cancer.  

17 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

Absolutely nowhere has anyone said his terminal illness is cancer.  

First post in this thread.

On 22/10/2021 at 18:37, Ulitzer95 said:

a very reliable Labour friend of mine (same source who told me Sir Gerald Kaufman was dying) says he has aggressive stage 4 cancer (though doesn't know what type of cancer).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

First post in this thread.

Yeah … *source*

Theres a reason I blocked Ulitzer.  You should too.  Such nonsense.

16 minutes ago, Sir Cunto said:

Theres a reason I blocked Ulitzer.  You should too.  Such nonsense.

That's hilarious, coming from you.

He hasn’t blocked me though because periodically he forgets his act and directly responds to my posts! :lol:

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Received an update on Frank Field yesterday from a sitting MP. I’m told he’s very close to the end now.

Thanks.

• Like 2