Sign in to follow this  
Putin

Neil Sedaka

Neil Sedaka is a 82 year old ameriacan singer and pianist, was a former band member in The Tokens untill he left in 1957. He started his own solo career afterwards and had hits like "Laughter in the rain" and "Oh! Carol"

Earlier this year in march, he underwent a procedure to remove a benign skin tumor from his nose. Perhaps a one to look out after.

1 minute ago, ajlposh said:

500258CF-ABA3-40A4-81C6-0D13EA81DC79.jpeg

Not at all, I welcome any appearance of Sean Bean.  :wub:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, Toast said:

Not at all, I welcome any appearance of Sean Bean.  :wub:

Appearance sure. 

Sound though? He's great until he speaks then he grates like almost no other, the geordie aristocrat, the geordie wannabe crim, the geordie king of the north, the geordie prison inmate...

I know he's not the only one, and is watchable for all that.

Compare and contrast Winslett who was apparently the only actor in Mare of Easttown comfortable playing the role in accent whilst acting and dropping right back to natural during breaks.

Fuck all to do with Neil Sedaka mind who just sounds as if somebody has a strong grip on his gonads.

3 hours ago, En Passant said:

Appearance sure. 

Sound though? He's great until he speaks then he grates like almost no other, the geordie aristocrat, the geordie wannabe crim, the geordie king of the north, the geordie prison inmate...

I know he's not the only one, and is watchable for all that.

Sean Bean doing a Geordie accent?  I must have missed those roles.  :lol:

• Haha 1

So, Sedaka's hit making career speaks for itself (when he couldn't get arrested as a performing artist his songs still made occasional hits for others). 

That said, the album shared below belongs squarely in the audio crimes museum. The man re-imagines his hits as if written for his own grandchildren and delivers a paint-peeler of a collection that's likely seen heavy rotation wherever inventive techniques of interrogation are employed to rapidly reduce hard men to whimpering wrecks. I'll confess to owning a copy and sharing it very sparingly with a few loyal listeners online.

81KaNfmBiPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 1

Glorious, as always, Maryport.

Bonus points: Waking up is indeed hard to do when you're dead.

37 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, Sedaka's hit making career speaks for itself (when he couldn't get arrested as a performing artist his songs still made occasional hits for others). 

That said, the album shared below belongs squarely in the audio crimes museum. The man re-imagines his hits as if written for his own grandchildren and delivers a paint-peeler of a collection that's likely seen heavy rotation wherever inventive techniques of interrogation are employed to rapidly reduce hard men to whimpering wrecks. I'll confess to owning a copy and sharing it very sparingly with a few loyal listeners online.

<pic deleted for space>

Have you got this one?

Brighton_Beach_Memories_%E2%80%94_Neil_Sedaka_Sings_Yiddish.jpg

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Glorious, as always, Maryport.

Bonus points: Waking up is indeed hard to do when you're dead.

Comma comma down dooby six feet down...

1 hour ago, time said:

Have you got this one?

Brighton_Beach_Memories_%E2%80%94_Neil_Sedaka_Sings_Yiddish.jpg

Erm, no

Would have availed myself of that delight but it's a cool £123 plus change on Amazon atm. 

• Shocked 1

In a cost-cutting measure commensurate with these times of austerity, couldn’t this be merged with the Neil Diamond thread?

They’re practically the same guy - 80ish-year-old kitschy Jewish singer-songwriters born in Brooklyn who honed their craft in the Brill Building, and who will probably make 90.  The childhood Harry certainly had them confused. 

For me, it's a toss-up as to who will be the first Neil down (ouch).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

In a cost-cutting measure commensurate with these times of austerity, couldn’t this be merged with the Neil Diamond thread?

They’re practically the same guy - 80ish-year-old kitschy Jewish singer-songwriters born in Brooklyn who honed their craft in the Brill Building, and who will probably make 90.  The childhood Harry certainly had them confused. 

For me, it's a toss-up as to who will be the first Neil down (ouch).

FFS!

Thankfully - as one who has heard your vocal work - you can tell the creative giant that is Neil Young apart from the two above.

On 29/10/2021 at 14:28, maryportfuncity said:

Erm, no

Would have availed myself of that delight but it's a cool £123 plus change on Amazon atm. 

There are sources other than Amazon! I haven't listened to it yet, so I have no idea what horrors lurk within.

IMG_2942 (002).jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, time said:

There are sources other than Amazon! I haven't listened to it yet, so I have no idea what horrors lurk within.

IMG_2942 (002).jpg

Good luck!