maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2022

Martha Sepulveda - she was fighting to fuckin' die and nobody here scraped the barrel enough to pick her, https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/08/colombia-euthanasia-martha-sepulveda/

How seriously are we taking this year's Deathrace?

AHAL5N5Z7RDJ7B3UY3H3C5X5BM.jpeg&w=916

With all the hospice cases, err... out of the way... and the most critical COVID cases either dead or recovering, I thought maybe it's now possible to sneak to a win, with names like Vicky Phelan or Catherine Wybourne, but I notice An Fear Beag has Vicky Phelan, too. I think she has maybe 2-3 weeks left:

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/vicky-phelan-says-its-been-25894949

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I see your point, the question offering itself to me is whether those lagging behind you by over 1000 points feel your pain :unsure:

Or indeed,  your pain!! They need three picks (or 2 with a Joker) to see them over the line, and I'm afraid that could take some time ;)

Frank Field dying soon would be even worse from your perspective. Narrows the field down to myself and Banana, so even less chance of a quick finish.

I'll stand by my prediction, either Banana finishes this quickly, or we are a few weeks away from the end you crave :D

1 minute ago, An Fear Beag said:

Or indeed,  your pain!! They need three picks (or 2 with a Joker) to see them over the line, and I'm afraid that could take some time ;)

Frank Field dying soon would be even worse from your perspective. Narrows the field down to myself and Banana, so even less chance of a quick finish.

I'll stand by my prediction, either Banana finishes this quickly, or we are a few weeks away from the end you crave :D

The rate at which Banana seems likely to win this one, and you did last year, is really putting a dent into my theory that the Deathrace is best won by being a jammy fucking git!  Which is entirely what I owe both titles to. In fact, the first one, I pipped @Death Impends at the post, and she responded by kicking my ass in pretty much every single deadpool in the last 6 years as revenge! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Toast said:

What a bastard.

I know. Some people have no fucking consideration for us hard-pressed dead-poolers at this time of year!

As a race-horse trainer, you would have thought he would understand the importance of waiting until the starter had dropped the flag to begin the race, instead of jumping the gun like that. :angry:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think if I end up losing it'll come down to Vicky Phelan. I meant to have her but completely forgot somehow. Like Gc I don't think she has much longer left.

On 05/01/2022 at 15:05, maryportfuncity said:

Lawrence Brooks - today's toast, livens up the lower order a little with Death Impends and Captain Chorizo bagging points. Worth noting, Chorizo is holding a good fifth place whilst Frank Field (joker on cc's team) still  holds onto a pulse. Tension mounts, even if it's beyond the ability of most of the masterlist to mount anythingB)

220105-lawrence-brooks-jm-1327-0c66b8.jp

The Lawrence Brooks points are missing from the List Of The Lost/Scoreboard post

17 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

The Lawrence Brooks points are missing from the List Of The Lost/Scoreboard post

Sorted now - incidentally, if Field - cc's joker - went today he'd take the top three over the line but leave cc in third place. That said, as Field's value drops cc does better off the double joker points available. The nail-biting excitement has clearly perked up Lawrence Brooks, just look at that cheerful smile

An Fear Beag - 1810

Banana - 1810

Captain Chorizo – 1442

800px-Lawrence-Brooks.jpg

• Like 1

Fast n fuckin' furious at the moment, then - the Captain's place on the podium has been usurped as Robert Durst's points murder the chasing pack, or summat

An Fear Beag - 1810

Banana - 1810

Book – 1445

Drol - 1443

Captain Chorizo – 1442

AP21260863312936.0.jpg

• Like 1

Mihir Das is a hit for me here.

1 hour ago, drol said:

Mihir Das is a hit for me here.

A "veteran" at 55 - wasn't that the age at which Roger Moore did Bond for the last time? 

q/o - https://zeenews.india.com/people/breaking-mihir-das-iconic-odia-actor-dies-at-55-2427153.html

The state of play after Drol eases onto the podium with a unique pick 

Drol's joker is Frank Field - also on the two teams above, but Field would send Drol sailing to victory. Can't see this lasting more than two or three days from here.

An Fear Beag - 1810

Banana - 1810

Drol - 1797

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

A "veteran" at 55 - wasn't that the age at which Roger Moore did Bond for the last time? 

q/o - https://zeenews.india.com/people/breaking-mihir-das-iconic-odia-actor-dies-at-55-2427153.html

Nearly 58, in fact. Although there is a strong line of thought among Bond fans that Roger Moore should have retired at 55 after filming Octopussy which was a more fitting farewell (and made more of the fact he was clearly an older Bond), rather than come back again for the disappointing View to a Kill. Something Pierce Brosnan failed to take on when hanging around for the abysmal Die Another Day.

51 minutes ago, msc said:

Nearly 58, in fact. Although there is a strong line of thought among Bond fans that Roger Moore should have retired at 55 after filming Octopussy which was a more fitting farewell (and made more of the fact he was clearly an older Bond), rather than come back again for the disappointing View to a Kill. Something Pierce Brosnan failed to take on when hanging around for the abysmal Die Another Day.

We had a family outing to View to a Kill, the occasional gales of laughter from our party didn't seem to impress the die-hard Bond fans elsewhere in the cinema.

36 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

We had a family outing to View to a Kill, the occasional gales of laughter from our party didn't seem to impress the die-hard Bond fans elsewhere in the cinema.

All I can remember from View To A Kill when my father in law rented the VHS was Grace Jones on the Eiffel Tower

In the latest news - the chasing pack continue to gather with a few packing jokers with a pulse, Jana Bennett drags Joey into fifth place - though Joey's joker was the much-fancied Gary Burgess who delivered mightily within hours of the pool opening

Janabennett.jpg?width=1200

An Fear Beag - 1810

Banana - 1810

Drol - 1797

Book – 1445

Joey Russ – 1444

Assuming Israel Dresner gets a QO I’m only one hit away from winning somehow despite not doing too much research. :o
EDIT: as expected a Deathrace obit

5 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Assuming Israel Dresner gets a QO I’m only one hit away from winning somehow despite not doing too much research. :o
EDIT: as expected a Deathrace obit

Aye, you get the feeling that a biggie - like Frank Field or Russell Bishop could cause a leap over the line that'd see more people  than ever hitting the winning total. Reptile's also sneaking up on the payout from Dresner

An Fear Beag - 1810

Banana - 1810

Drol - 1797

Joey Russ – 1796

Book – 1445

Captain Chorizo – 1442

gcreptile – 1442

• Like 3

Big news, or summat

Pedro67's unique pick allows him to move up a couple of places in the middle order

20191218-MCGEE-FENSTON-07.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Only moves you up a place but, tension mounts, or summat

An Fear Beag - 1810

Banana - 1810

Drol - 1797

Joey Russ – 1796

Captain Chorizo – 1794

• Like 1

Winning scenarios

An Fear Beag: 

Constantine II, Larry Garza, Carlos Guerrero, Mosharraf Hossain, Pele, George Perez, Vicky Phelan, Leslie Phillips, Amy Pieters, Silvia Pinal, Amir Siraji, Mauricio Zamparini

Banana:

Hisham Abu Hawash, Diane Berberian, Russell Bishop, Chan Yat-yin, Dan Lacey, Stephen McMullan, Tyler Moldovan, Julia Reichert, Christos Sartzetakis, Colin Thomson, Isabel Torres, Alyson Williams

Drol:

George Alagiah, Bobby Caldwell, Tung Chee-hwa, Luis Echeverria, Vic Elford, Frank Field, John Gwynne, Paul Oebel, Mao Santa, Kaikala Satyanarayana, Brandt Schmitz, Tom Smith

Joey Russ:

Silas Alexander, Francoise Hardy, Tim Keller, Adam Lewis, James Lovelock, Gavin Robertson, Dwight Watson, Don West, Milos Zeman, Khaleda Zia

Captain Chorizo:

Martti Ahtisaari, Violeta Chamorro, Walter Ferguson, Bill Fitch, Laura Hydes, Estanislao Esteban Karlic, Mike Mora, Amy Price, Antonia da Santa Cruz, Henry Silva, Norman Tebbit, Tiffany Youngs

Continue on for Banana & An Fear Bag:

Sohel Rana, Paul Ray, Susie Steiner

Truly anybody's game.

26 minutes ago, Sideik said:

Little hit for me :rolleyes:

Sorted, 15 hits on the List of the Lost now, very open competition indeed!

• Like 1

Is this a joke?

To clarify: it would suffice just a hit out of about 20 to end this, yet we have been stuck for days.

Edited by drol