Lafaucheuse

Twisted DL

Catherine Wybourne has died, so I replace her with Volodymyr Zelenskyy.

Replacing Catherine Wybourne with C.W. McCall.

• Like 1

Richard Blum is the 4th original name on my team to die. The original list consisted of "my most recent suggestions for 2022", and I'd say 4/20 is quite decent for this sort of-theme team.

I am replacing Richard Blum with an already known forum name, John Toschak.

Sorry for my absence, I was (and still is) quite busy these days and couldn't take the time to sum up all your hits… 

Now here is the recap for February and the beginning of march

Kayirici dead on the 25 of January which means 1 point for @gcreptile, @Book and @WEP

- Les Shapiro dead on the 29 of January : unique pick for gcreptile which means 6 points 

- Jeff Innis dead on the 30 of January : unique pick or gcreptile + the pick die the day you choose him and 2 deaths in 2 days which means 18 points

- Monica Vitti dead on the 2nd of February : a hit for @The Daredevil and @CaptainChorizo which means 1 point

- Christos Sartzetakis dead on the 3rd of February : a hit for @msc and I (1 point) + 2 hits in 2 days and your first pick dies for The Daredevil which means which means 5 points

- Lata Mangeshkar dead on the 6th of February : a hit for CaptainChorizo, msc and I which means 1 point

- Isabel Torres dead on the 11 of February : a hit for @CalebH and Book which means 1 point 

- Frank Beckmann dead on the 12 of February : a hit for gcreptile and your hit dies the day you choose him which means 11 points two hits in two days for CalebH which means 3 points

- Sandhya Mukherjee dead on the 15 of February : a solo hit for msc which means 6 points 

Nightbirde dead on the 19 of February : a solo hit for WEP which means 6 points 

- Catherine Wybourne dead on the 24 of February : a hit for gcreptile and Book which means 1 points 

- Richard Blum dead on the 27 of February : a solo hit for gcreptile which means 6 points (you're taking the lead in front of Book) 

- Vic Elford dead on the 13 of march : a solo hit for msc which means 6 points 

- Mike Mora dead on the 15 of march: a solo hit for Book which means 6 points (and again… you're tying with gcreptile !)

@theoldlady, @Bibliogryphon, @chilean way, @Gooseberry Crumble, @Great Uncle Bulgaria@MortalCaso, @Predictor, @JoeMoneypenny, @YorkshireBanker, @Handrejka@wannamaker, @The Old Crem@Doulton and @Toast all get - 1 point for no death in February. 

I'm not counting January In it since I've been quite inactive (again I'm sorry for that). 

Let me know if there's any mistake in it, I tried to make the better I could but sometimes I can get confused ! 

@gcreptile and @Book are leading the pool with 62 points each : Congrats to you both !! 

Actually I love hosting this pool but as many of you pointed out, there's some malfunctions in it and I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to open a new one (as some of you said that a pool around march/April would be quite a fresh air) and adding a new rule to prevent this game to be too opportunistic : I was thinking about putting 3 subs in every team. Every time someone on your team dies, your first sub is automatically put on his/her place. Then, every sub moves a way up and you have to choose another candidate to fill the n°3 spot on your sub list. This way, it would prevent people to add unknown people who are so close to death that it's not "fun" anymore. What do you think of this rule ? let me known if this is a good idea or not. 

All the front page post has been updated with new hits, score points and new list (except for mine which is coming…) 

Anyway good luck to all ! 

Edit : please check your list on front page to make sure I didn’t make any mistake nor forgot any hits, thanks a lot !

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Sorry for my absence, I was (and still is) quite busy these days and couldn't take the time to sum up all your hits… 

Now here is the recap for February and the beginning of march

Kayirici dead on the 25 of January which means 1 point for @gcreptile, @Book and @WEP

- Les Shapiro dead on the 29 of January : unique pick for gcreptile which means 6 points 

- Jeff Innis dead on the 30 of January : unique pick or gcreptile + the pick die the day you choose him and 2 deaths in 2 days which means 18 points

- Monica Vitti dead on the 2nd of February : a hit for @The Daredevil and @CaptainChorizo which means 1 point

- Christos Sartzetakis dead on the 3rd of February : a hit for @msc and I (1 point) + 2 hits in 2 days and your first pick dies for The Daredevil which means which means 5 points

- Lata Mangeshkar dead on the 6th of February : a hit for CaptainChorizo, msc and I which means 1 point

- Isabel Torres dead on the 11 of February : a hit for @CalebH and Book which means 1 point 

- Frank Beckmann dead on the 12 of February : a hit for gcreptile and your hit dies the day you choose him which means 11 points two hits in two days for CalebH which means 3 points

- Sandhya Mukherjee dead on the 15 of February : a solo hit for msc which means 6 points 

Nightbirde dead on the 19 of February : a solo hit for WEP which means 6 points 

- Catherine Wybourne dead on the 24 of February : a hit for gcreptile and Book which means 1 points 

- Richard Blum dead on the 27 of February : a solo hit for gcreptile which means 6 points (you're taking the lead in front of Book) 

- Vic Elford dead on the 13 of march : a solo hit for msc which means 6 points 

- Mike Mora dead on the 15 of march: a solo hit for Book which means 6 points (and again… you're tying with gcreptile !)

@theoldlady, @Bibliogryphon, @chilean way, @Gooseberry Crumble, @Great Uncle Bulgaria@MortalCaso, @Predictor, @JoeMoneypenny, @YorkshireBanker, @Handrejka@wannamaker, @The Old Crem@Doulton and @Toast all get - 1 point for no death in February. 

I'm not counting January In it since I've been quite inactive (again I'm sorry for that). 

Let me know if there's any mistake in it, I tried to make the better I could but sometimes I can get confused ! 

@gcreptile and @Book are leading the pool with 62 points each : Congrats to you both !! 

Actually I love hosting this pool but as many of you pointed out, there's some malfunctions in it and I was wondering if it wouldn't be better to open a new one (as some of you said that a pool around march/April would be quite a fresh air) and adding a new rule to prevent this game to be too opportunistic : I was thinking about putting 3 subs in every team. Every time someone on your team dies, your first sub is automatically put on his/her place. Then, every sub moves a way up and you have to choose another candidate to fill the n°3 spot on your sub list. This way, it would prevent people to add unknown people who are so close to death that it's not "fun" anymore. What do you think of this rule ? let me known if this is a good idea or not. 

All the front page post has been updated with new hits, score points and new list (except for mine which is coming…) 

Anyway good luck to all ! 

Edit : please check your list on front page to make sure I didn’t make any mistake nor forgot any hits, thanks a lot !

Great work tallying up the scores! I just take them as they are ;).

But yes, the problem is that the winning strategy here is simply to jump from one hospice case to another. I basically submitted a team with about 10 bad picks, because I knew that as long as I can replace the good picks with other good picks, I can score well. Now, such a game might be a good idea, because it's something we don't really have yet. But I think it is not what you wanted it to be? In this case, I would suggest closing it down. An opportunistic pool wouldn''t even need a beginners' pool of 20. Maybe only 10. Once you are above 10 you run out of "good" names, and you end up with people like, say, Pelé, who might take their time.

Introducing some kind of queue might be interesting though. Then the game becomes some kind of "mid-distance run". We don't have a lot of games like that, maybe only the Poker Pool with it's 7 months.

• Like 4

Peter Bowles is a hit for me here. Can I replace him with Wally Fawkes please?

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 20:40, Handrejka said:

Peter Bowles is a hit for me here. Can I replace him with Wally Fawkes please?

added. Solo hit which means 6 points for you with a total of 12 you're moving up a few spots. Well done ! 

also added @JoeMoneypenny hit with Chor Yuan, sorry for the miss : it was also a solo hit, congrats ! 

Tom Parker not wanted any more.

Now I want BBC podcaster Deborah James.

Curious on the status of this pool @Lafaucheuse

April is rolling around now and if you wanted to start a new one...

I quite like this pool and the thought of a new one (3 subs)

Please replace Tom Smith with Ted Kaczynski 

Is is allowed to replace Tom Smith with Cami Elliott, actor Brennan Elliott’s wife?

Oh sorry, wasn't sure if the game was going on or not. Vic Elford needs replaced, by Steve McMichael, thanks.

Can you replace Eric Chappell with Violetta Chamorro please?

Replace Kane Tanaka with Pelé please and thank you.

*Pretending this pool still exists*

Replacing Michel Bouquet with Alain Delon and replacing George Pérez with Milan Kundera.

On 25/04/2022 at 05:55, MortalCaso said:

Replace Kane Tanaka with Pelé please and thank you.

*Pretending this pool still exists*

As with last post, might as well keep pretending.

Replace George Pérez with Steve "Mongo" McMichael

Heh, I think I never replaced C.W.McCall because of the unclear game Status.

Well, I'll also put in Steve McMichael.