arghton

Miloš Zeman

As many of you know, the current President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman's health has been declining for a while mostly due to the fact that he's been a heavy drinker and a chain smoker for decades.

Now 77, he's in hospital and has been there for a month and is suffering from chronic liver disease/cirrhosis and is rumored to be suffering from liver encephalopathy. And also has diabetes.

zemangun.thumb.png.486f3907fbbf9bcdfcc5428ac6d095f3.png

He declined fast, after he started using a wheelchair in April he's gone worse and looked horrible and yellow in September:

zeman2021september.png.bcb9fac6cdabb6414c073bd9ad43a094.png

Considering his age and the fact that he smoked three packs of cigarettes a day before 2019 (when doctors advised him to cut back on them, after that he's only smoked two packs a day) and six glasses of wine, three shots of brandy a day, he won't just bounce back.

Here's a great article about him from January 2018:

https://foreignpolicy.com/2018/01/24/if-a-president-is-dying-and-nobody-says-anything-does-it-make-a-sound/

And a video from 2017 of him meeting the Queen:

• Like 1

lovin the mag on that VZ.58:D

Allow me to be controversial. I do not think the Cmme will go anywhere near this pick, they didn't go for better known European leaders the past few years. More likely to be a DDP name.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Allow me to be controversial. I do not think the Cmme will go anywhere near this pick, they didn't go for better known European leaders the past few years. More likely to be a DDP name.

I would say you are right but the Deathlist community do tend to become more experimental with their picks after years where they've done poorly.

33 minutes ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

I would say you are right but the Deathlist community do tend to become more experimental with their picks after years where they've done poorly.

While true, they went quite experimental in 2017 after a mediocre 2016 and Mario Soares was not picked. Which puts even more doubt into them picking Zeman

Fair play getting to that age on 60 tabs a day and being an alcoholic.

Yeah, tbh I think "DL experimental" is more PGA Tour winning golfer Weiskopf, notable Labour politician Field type names...

Václav Havel, another Czech President was picked in 2009. He was dropped for 2010 as he got somewhat better in mid 2009. Died in 2011. Hard to compare to Zeman as Havel was the founder of the modern-day Czech Republic, Zeman is known for his drinking habits and controversies.

The main difference to many of the ill world leaders is that he's a current head of state (and due to this his illness has gotten a lot of media coverage) and I think that might increase his chances to get on the list, especially if he keeps getting media attention and doesn't resign. Wouldn't be suprised if they didn't pick him though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, msc said:

Not controversial seems a reasonable prediction.

They did pick Daniel arap Moi who I had never heard of outside deadpooling circles.

Then there is Bill Gates Dad Ruby Muhammed ,Dai Llewellyn so you never know with the committee.Makes it more fun I guess.

His Daughter is a bit of alright too.

Katerina_zemanova_(cropped).jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, msc said:

Yeah, tbh I think "DL experimental" is more PGA Tour winning golfer Weiskopf, notable Labour politician Field type names...

Weiskopf's only career major championship being The Open really should give him a leg-up on other non-Brits for inclusion

On 09/11/2021 at 19:40, arghton said:

Václav Havel, another Czech President was picked in 2009. He was dropped for 2010 as he got somewhat better in mid 2009. Died in 2011. Hard to compare to Zeman as Havel was the founder of the modern-day Czech Republic, Zeman is known for his drinking habits and controversies.

The main difference to many of the ill world leaders is that he's a current head of state (and due to this his illness has gotten a lot of media coverage) and I think that might increase his chances to get on the list, especially if he keeps getting media attention and doesn't resign. Wouldn't be suprised if they didn't pick him though.

If he resigns and then dies he might only get a couple of short Q/O obituary’s because it won’t be such a big story.

On 10/11/2021 at 16:12, The Old Crem said:

If he resigns and then dies he might only get a couple of short Q/O obituary’s because it won’t be such a big story.

Sowhat agree,not a gurantee for front page of BBC when he die.For the sake of most deathpools though, he will meet the requirement and get obits from most major UK oulets.

6 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Sowhat agree,not a gurantee for front page of BBC when he die.For the sake of most deathpools though, he will meet the requirement and get obits from most major UK oulets.

If he dies in office he will make the BBC but I’m not sure he would if he has leaves office before he dies.

On 18/11/2021 at 10:07, The Old Crem said:

If he dies in office he will make the BBC but I’m not sure he would if he has leaves office before he dies.

He will I think as I am sure the BBC have his obituary ready to print for him dying in office.If he resigns only a couple of lines would need rewriting so I think if he resigns and then dies the obit will just get published anyway.Had he left office then got very sick I doubt that would have been the case.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

And surely contracted It in hospital, a sign he is very likely immunodepressed.

Could be a precautionary measure, but his clock is ticking. Way too many issues to deal with.

• Like 5

Discharged. With three doses of vaccine I'd be angry if it was otherwise.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, drol said:

Discharged. With three doses of vaccine I'd be angry if it was otherwise.

Maybe three doses of vaccine are the reason why he is so sick.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

How dare you cast doubt on the vaccine!

4 hours ago, Tower1 said:

Maybe three doses of vaccine are the reason why he is so sick.

I can't imagine doing 3 at once is beneficial for one's health