Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

17 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Now that I'm home and settled I also have trouble actually downloading it. Looking into it, the issue likely looks to be nothing to do with what I did with the file, but that the DDP website currently is not currently "https" IE the url begins with "www." rather than "https://www.". If I assume correctly, if this can be altered, the file should be smoothly downloadable after that.

Knock on wood - I think I did it :)

Opening the Excel file works smoothly for me now - can someone else (preferably anyone who had prior trouble downloading it) try themselves to double check?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Knock on wood - I think I did it :)

Opening the Excel file works smoothly for me now - can someone else (preferably anyone who had prior trouble downloading it) try themselves to double check?

Yeah that works for me now but my entry is already in because I got it from the e-mail

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I went for it early again. Hopefully not a mistake...

• Thanks 1

I won't be entering my list just yet - I'm not even sure if three picks are still alive, and one could have been dead for over a year. I suspect a couple of other picks currently on the list won't make it, either.

Well, I've committed my main team early, and while I don't like to boast, this is the team which will establish me as a top dead-pooler*.

*Cement my status as a perpetual loser.

• Thanks 1

Thought Sir Antony Sher would last longer than he did, so I’m 1 sub in already. Fucking marvellous.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With Sher now gone, what’s the odds Field and Burgess fail to make the starting line? 50/50?

47 minutes ago, Banana said:

With Sher now gone, what’s the odds Field and Burgess fail to make the starting line? 50/50?

Burgess seems to still be active enough in Twitter so I hope he will make it to 2022. 

A couple of I’ll and young pics have spoke about Christmas through and I do think one of them might go this month. 

I'm actually fully expecting them both to go before 2022. Burgess likes to look happier and better on social media than he actually is.

3 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'm actually fully expecting them both to go before 2022. Burgess likes to look happier and better on social media than he actually is.

God knows who I will pick if they both go.

To me Burgess very much has that Simon Ricketts "won't stop tweeting until he's days away from dying" energy; the latter was as active on Twitter in early December 2018 as Burgess is now which meant sod all in terms of him actually making the next year.

On 01/12/2021 at 00:52, Death Impends said:

December 1st again? Seems each year goes by faster and faster, doesn't it? Now time is flying so fast that a DDP co-host was born late enough to make SpongeBob references, but I digress...

Mad that we could all live long enough to see a DDP co-host born late enough to make The Loud House references.

• Haha 2

On 03/12/2021 at 15:46, TQR said:

Thought Sir Antony Sher would last longer than he did, so I’m 1 sub in already. Fucking marvellous.

…and now for sub no.2. FFS!

Not the last premature surprise...

• Haha 1

Entry already acknowledged by Grim Up North, thanks!

Wonder how many subs I'll use up before NYD. :reading-glasses::sherlock:

• Like 2

Got my first list complete now.

• Like 5

Just submitted my team.

• Like 3

Just sent in my three Crumble Teams  and boy was there some painful pruning and drops. Managed to resist being over ruthless and kept some cherished names but my God did I see saw about in out in out shake it all about but still can't decide if I want you in or out.... in some ways a story and metaphor  for my life!!:lol:;)

Indecision can be really energy consuming  but hopefully the  changes will bear fruit!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/12/2021 at 09:44, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Just sent in my three Crumble Teams  and boy was there some painful pruning and drops. Managed to resist being over ruthless and kept some cherished names but my God did I see saw about in out in out shake it all about but still can't decide if I want you in or out.... in some ways a story and metaphor  for my life!!:lol:;)

Indecision can be really energy consuming  but hopefully the  changes will bear fruit!

And all entered - quite a few new names across the 3 teams.

As an entry update this year to now there are 118 teams entered. The previous 2 years to end of 23/12 (so another 3 and a half days) there were 159 teams in last year and 132 the previous. I'd guess this year is going to fall somewhere in between the two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to participate if there is still time can someone please send the link.

I've entered again after............ umpteen years away.

Couldn't bring myself to pick any racing drivers or Terry Medwin.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Prowler0000 said:

I can't see the cut-off date for entry anywhere.  I assume it's before midnight on Dec 31st tho?

Yes. Technically though there’s a bit of a grace period after the midnight deadline. I believe the absolute final cutoff is 11am on January 1st

• Like 1