Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Surely you guys would give yourself less last minute work if you shortened the window period of entries from Dec 1–Dec 31 to Dec 15–Dec 31?

Half a month is long enough for every one to get their teams in.

How the hell would everyone entering in 15 days instead of 31 days give them less last minute work? That's the same of teams in half the time.... :lol:

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, AnnualFlyBy said:

How the hell would everyone entering in 15 days instead of 31 days give them less last minute work? That's the same of teams in half the time.... :lol:

Because some teams get sent in way too early. Less picks will die prematurely in 16 days than in 31 days. Duh.

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Because some teams get sent in way too early. Less picks will die prematurely in 16 days than in 31 days. Duh.

I don't think the teams that submit early are the ones responsible for the most premature deaths, it's the barrel scrapers for new year. 

At the risk of driving another DDP host to quit (anyone heard from tmib recently?)- the easier answer would be to allow more subs.  

29 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Surely you guys would give yourself less last minute work if you shortened the window period of entries from Dec 1–Dec 31 to Dec 15–Dec 31?

Half a month is long enough for every one to get their teams in.

That's when everyone does enter their team - there are roughly 280 teams in now - by tomorrow night that will be more like 550.

We could shorten the time period so that entries ended on Dec 15th but a lot of people see the Dead Pool entry as part of their Christmas merriment.

Anyway back to it.  

EDIT: Honestly guys the deaths aren't the problem - less than 100 subs made every year even with a big death in there. That is a mere speck on the job roster. 

It's the n ew celebrities, piss poor spelling of existing celebs that takes the time and the delay in getting live is because 50% of the teams enter on 31st.

• Like 3

Just sent in my DDP team today. Usually I would wait till the 31st but my schedule is gonna be pretty hectic the next few days so it’s in now. I don’t think this team will win but I’m hoping to get a better performance than the abysmal 77th I got this time. Good luck everyone. :) 

• Like 1

3 teams are in; it's always a little exciting before you send the mail... one last check-up, one last thought about your teams, one last glass of wine... ok, let's go!

To the hosts: Thank you all for your great work!!!

• Like 2

Believe it or not, I only sent in the "Rons" team a couple of days ago as I was retiring it, but two locks for my new theme-team died in December and I never got round to finishing it. So I just found two more "Rons" and bunged them in. Never added any subs though, being as it was a last-minute thing!

• Like 1

Just sent mine in, my second year! I feel sure I have a name never picked before for DL. Whether or not they will get any QOs is another thing altogether. :)

• Like 1

Out of curiosity, who has been playing in the DDP the longest? 

Submitted both my teams for the second year. Let's hope I can beat my 94th place spot next year!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pop_Zeus said:

Just submitted my first ever entry in this 

Silly question... where do I actually send the excel sheet? 

Never done this before, either...

17 minutes ago, TheDeathofBrian said:

Silly question... where do I actually send the excel sheet? 

Never done this before, either...

ddp[add]derbydeadpool.co.uk.

1 hour ago, Perhaps said:

Submitted both my teams for the second year. Let's hope I can beat my 94th place spot next year!

I haven't even looked at your team (that only happens after tomorrow), but I bet you will.

21 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

ddp[add]derbydeadpool.co.uk.

Cheers, I'm sure it must tell me somewhere in the instructions , but just couldn't see how to send it... (I realised the AT in the address)

First time I have had any time to send anything in, despite being a long-time lurker...

Despite being ghastly unwell, all 3 of my teams are in.

Also due to being heavily medicined up at the time, I have committed the cardinal sin of DDP - and ripped up half the team before sending it in. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msc said:

Despite being ghastly unwell, all 3 of my teams are in.

Also due to being heavily medicined up at the time, I have committed the cardinal sin of DDP - and ripped up half the team before sending it in. 

You didn’t actually pick Ryan Buell and Scott Thorson did you?

Just now, Joey Russ said:

You didn’t actually pick Ryan Buell and Scott Thorson did you?

Shh, don't mention my joker publicly! 

:D

TWO teams in next year (first theme team in living memory) - fuck knows, the Deathrace masterlist is enough graft, DDP is a service to humanity, or summat

• Like 1

Goddamn deadpooling really is a young man's game, how does anyone over the age of 40 find time to research? I've got my 20 together now having discovered that one person who I thought was a 100% guaranteed unique pick death actually has a very treatable form of cancer. Think I might bring back The Rookie Draft as my theme team this year.

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Goddamn deadpooling really is a young man's game, how does anyone over the age of 40 find time to research? I've got my 20 together now having discovered that one person who I thought was a 100% guaranteed unique pick death actually has a very treatable form of cancer. Think I might bring back The Rookie Draft as my theme team this year.

Steve Carlson?

What time does it have to be in by? I need to confer with my sister but she's in Australia and I've only just woken up...

1 minute ago, Vinegar Tits said:

What time does it have to be in by? I need to confer with my sister but she's in Australia and I've only just woken up...

About 8 and a half hours to go. Midnight GMT

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

About 8 and a half hours to go. Midnight GMT

...and counting, no pressure, then :rolleyes:

• Like 1