Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

27 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

New theme team:

Poor Little Ghoul - consisting of US Billboard chart toppers, named in reference to Ricky Nelson's "Poor Little Fool" as it were the first Billboard No 1 hit and I couldn't think of any better name ideas. As the main reason for creation is wholly admittedly because these people would be fun for me to write the obits for, I limited myself to names that fit the theme that WEREN'T picked on the DDP in 2021 - no reason to go for people like ONJ, Ronstadt, or Valli when they're sure to be picked anyway.

C. W. McCall (JOKER)

Abdul "Duke" Fakir

...etc....

Vito Picone

Pretty surprised no one picked Abdul "Duke" Fakir in 2021!

Newcomers to my space team are Joe Engle, Jake Garn, Margaret Hamilton, and Maarten Schmidt.

I did for 2022.....

• Like 1

Just now, Whitehouse said:

I did for 2022.....

Great minds think alike!

As usual I haven't put too much thought into it in advance.  Just gone for an interesting selection of generally well-known people. Plus Gary Burgess.

I'm Sorry For Your Trouble

George Alagiah

Mohamed Al Fayed

Russell Bishop

Gary Burgess  :rip:

Michael Caine

Marianne Faithfull

Frank Field

Michael Gambon

Julie Goodyear

Jerry Lee Lewis

Jean Marsh

Pelé

Leslie Phillips

Mary Quant

Jane Rossington

CJ Sansom

Susie Steiner (joker)

Norman Tebbit

Frankie Valli

James Whale

No One Here Gets Out Alive

Igor Bogdanov (joker)  :rip:

Rob Burrow

Phil Collins

Robbie Coltrane

Piers Corbyn

Tim Curry

Katharine, Duchess of Kent

Prince Edward, Duke of Kent

Yoko Ono

Sidney Poitier

Nigel Starmer-Smith

Stella Stevens

Peter Tobin

Bill Treacher

Jean-Louis Trintignant

Bill Turnbull

Ted Turner

Beryl Vertue

Doddie Weir

Joanne Woodward

And thought this might as well run again as there were only a couple of fallers.

Dropping Aitches

Gene Hackman (joker)

Richard Hadlee

Luke Halpin

Mona Hammond

Prince Ernst August of Hanover

Francoise Hardy

Gerald Harper

Bob Harris

Rolf Harris

Roy Hattersley

Alec Head

Malcolm Hebden

David Hessayon

Pat Heywood

Madge Hindle

David Hockney

Cissy Houston

Shirley Hughes

Barry Humphries

Douglas Hurd

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Time to reveal.....

This year theme list of me, last members alive.

ScreenHunter_95 Jan. 01 02.15.jpg

Cool concept.  I was a bit lazy with my theme team this year and stuck with the industry I work in:

Theme: Golf

Team Name: The DOA Tour

Tom Weiskopf

Betsy Rawls

Bobby Nichols

Chi-Chi Rodriguez

Don January

Dow Finsterwald

Jack Burke Jr

Peter Oosterhuis

Jack Nicklaus

Michael Bonallack

Tony Jacklin

Peter Butler

Neil Coles

Brian Huggett

Tommy Aaron

JoAnne Carner

Verne Lundquist

Kathy Whitworth

Jack Newton

Tim Rosaforte

Subs:

Gary Player

Ivor Robson

Bruce Devlin

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Is it safe to post my teams or are a few teams entering late past midnight for whatever reason?

I believe if you need to submit a list now, you're too late. It's past midnight in the UK so you can reveal if you want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Is it safe to post my teams or are a few teams entering late past midnight for whatever reason?

Who knows? 

I'm in a quandary - or is it a laundry? Anyway, point is technically only entries in up to midnight GMT are allowed. I guess however that there is still the possibility that subs will be needed, anyone who needs one if they find out later today that say, Milan Kundera died yesterday they will be allowed to put a sub in. I'm going to post mine shortly, because I really can't be arsed if folk steal my picks -if they do, they should beware, I'm generally a year ahead of the game.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

I believe if you need to submit a list now, you're too late. It's past midnight in the UK so you can reveal if you want.

Oh I thought I remembered some people entering  past the deadline last year?

Someone missed a plane back to USA  after a rendezvous in Scotland or something??

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Someone missed a plane back to USA  after a rendezvous in Scotland or something??

Rules are clear:

Although obviously new teams are only accepted in December!

1 minute ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Aye we called it Sir Creep Gate.

I won't reveal the DDP player involved too distracted by nookie at that time though. Confidentiality.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Whitehouse said:

Rules are clear:

Well I  seem to remember  it happening vaguely 

I have entered my teams it's not myself  I am asking for but rather guarding against   poaching at last minute!

27 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Cool concept.  I was a bit lazy with my theme team this year and stuck with the industry I work in:

Theme: Golf

Team Name: The DOA Tour

Tom Weiskopf

Betsy Rawls

Bobby Nichols

Chi-Chi Rodriguez

Don January

Dow Finsterwald

Jack Burke Jr

Peter Oosterhuis

Jack Nicklaus

Michael Bonallack

Tony Jacklin

Peter Butler

Neil Coles

Brian Huggett

Tommy Aaron

JoAnne Carner

Verne Lundquist

Kathy Whitworth

Jack Newton

Tim Rosaforte

Subs:

Gary Player

Ivor Robson

Bruce Devlin

After reading this list, I am 100% convinced Salmon Mousse IS John Daly

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Going Underground said:

After reading this list, I am 100% convinced Salmon Mousse IS John Daly

Neither my stomach nor my beard are quite big enough, yet, but they're both getting there.

23 minutes ago, msc said:

Aye we called it Sir Creep Gate.

I won't reveal the DDP player involved too distracted by nookie at that time though. Confidentiality.

Well at least I guess they are not devoid of all sense  given they clearly recognize  the joys of scottish men and whats underneath their kilts! I can testify it is often very good!

Posting my teams in a few, just going to break that New Year's Resolution and have a cigarette first. My teams are per the multitude of subs I have had to put in, I had 4 of my original 60 die in December, more than the three hits I got all 2021! (Thank you Betty White once again!)

Wonder if @msc will stay up to see my theme team, or has already said, nuff's nuff. ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Posting my teams in a few, just going to break that New Year's Resolution and have a cigarette first. My teams are per the multitude of subs I have had to put in, I had 4 of my original 60 die in December, more than the three hits I got all 2021! (Thank you Betty White once again!)

Wonder if @msc will stay up to see my theme team, or has already said, nuff's nuff. ;)

He hasnt taken the delicious bait in my above post about the wonders and delights  of scottish c**k so I suspect he is asleep!

• Haha 2

Right, here are the votes of the YoungWillz Jury. Watch them live!

12 Lords A-Leaving, 8 Ladies Dying

JOKER (Pick 1): Jerry Lee Lewis: Rock and roll pianist. (M)
(Pick 2): Chris Bonington: Mountaineer. (M)
(Pick 3): Rob Burrow: English Rugby League player. (M)
(Pick 4): Eileen Derbyshire: Actress who played Emily Bishop on Coronation Street. (F)
(Pick 5): Paul Di'Anno: Former lead singer with Iron Maiden. (M)
(Pick 6): Marianne Faithfull: Singer, Mick Jagger's ex. (F)
(Pick 7): Frank Field: Former Labour MP for Birkenhead. (M)
(Pick 8): Roberta Flack: R&B singer, famous for Killing Me Softly With His Song. (F) 
(Pick 9): Tony Green: British darts commentator, especially known for the quiz show Bullseye. (M)
(Pick 10): Denis Law: Footballer, striker for Scotland and both Manchesters. (M)
(Pick 11): Richard Lester: US film director, most famous for A Hard Day's Night and Help! (M)
(Pick 12): Imelda Marcos: Filipino former First Lady and politician. (F)
(Pick 13): Glen Matlock: Bass guitarist in the original line-up of The Sex Pistols. (M)
(Pick 14): Robin Millar (Record Producer): Hugely successful music producer, behind such acts as Sade, Fine Young Cannibals and Big Country, to name a few. (M)
(Pick 15): Liza Minnelli: Judy Garland's daughter, singer and actress in her own right. (F)
(Pick 16): Olivia Newton-John: Singer, played the role of Sandy in Grease. (F)
(Pick 17): Linda Nolan: Part of the sister singing group The Nolans. (F)
(Pick 18): Yoko Ono: Artist and musician, widow of John Lennon. (F) 
(Pick 19): William Russell: Actor, most famous for playing Ian Chesterton in Doctor Who.
(Pick 20): James Whale: Right wing radio shock jock. (M)

Comedy Cremations

JOKER (Pick 1): Barry Humphries: Australian comic actor of Edna Everage and Les Patterson fame
(Pick 2): John Alderton: Actor who played the role of Bernard Hedges in Please Sir!
(Pick 3): Stanley Baxter: Scottish Comedy Actor
(Pick 4): James Bolam: Comedic actor in The Likely Lads, Only When I Laugh and Second Thoughts
(Pick 5): Eric Chappell: English Comedy Writer e.g. Rising Damp
(Pick 6): Billy Connolly: Scottish Comedian
(Pick 7): Kenneth Cope: Actor who appeared in a few Carry On movies as well as comedy specials, as well as off the wall ghost in Randall & Hopkirk (Deceased)
(Pick 8): Bill Cosby: American comedy performer e.g. The Cosby Show
(Pick 9): Bernard Cribbins: Actor with few comedy records and comedic roles, narrated The Wombles.
(Pick 10): Barry Cryer: English Comedy Writer
(Pick 11): Melvyn Hayes: Comedy Actor e.g. It Ain't Half Hot Mum
(Pick 12): Anna Karen: Actress best known as Olive in On The Buses.
(Pick 13): Brian Murphy: Comedy Actor e.g. Man About The House; George And Mildred
(Pick 14): Bob Newhart: American Comedy Performer
(Pick 15): Duncan Norvelle: English Comedy Performer
(Pick 16): Leslie Phillips: English Comedy Actor e.g. Carry On series and Harry Potter
(Pick 17): Prunella Scales: Actress, best known as Sybil Fawlty in Fawlty Towers
(Pick 18): Josephine Tewson: Sidewoman to Ronnie Barker and known for Last Of The Summer Wine and Keeping Up Appearances.
(Pick 19): Dick Van Dyke: Had his own eponymous comedy show in the 1960s.
(Pick 20): Richard Wilson: Scottish comedic actor and scriptwriter, best known as Victor Meldrew.

Hits of 36 Years Ago And Hits Today

JOKER (Pick 1): John Ashton (Musician) Guitarist and composer with post punk/new wave band The Psychedelic Furs [#18 Pretty In Pink (Psychedelic Furs)]
(Pick 2): Jet Black:  Drummer with New Wave band The Stranglers [#30 Always The Sun (Stranglers)]
(Pick 3): Dieter Bohlen: German pop titan, singer turned record producer and TV personality [#4 Brother Louie (Modern Talking)]
(Pick 4): Phil Collins: Genesis drummer turned solo artist [#11 Separate Lives]
(Pick 5): Mary Davis: Lead vocalist for The SOS Band, their biggest UK chart success coming with Just Be Good To Me [#17 The Finest (SOS Band)]
(Pick 6): Duane Eddy: Twanging guitarist, known for hits such as Peter Gunn [#8 Peter Gunn]
(Pick 7): Rob Halford: Lead singer with rockers Judas Priest [#26 Stars (Hear 'N Aid)]
(Pick 8): John Keeble: Drummer with New Romantic proponents Spandau Ballet [#13 Do They Know It's Xmas (Band Aid)/#6 Through The Barricades (Spandau Ballet)]
(Pick 9): Patti LaBelle: Singer with R'n'B band Labelle turned successful solo songstress [#2 On My Own]
(Pick 10): Shane MacGowan: Frontman of The Pogues [#29 Poguetry In Motion EP (The Pogues)]
(Pick 11): Michael McDonald (Musician): Singer/songwriter with The Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan [#2 On My Own] 
(Pick 12): Nana Mouskouri: Hugely popular Greek singer [#2 Only Love]
(Pick 13): Ted Nugent: Controversial right wing guitarist, mainly in the US [#26 Stars (Hear 'N Aid)]
(Pick 14): Ozzy Osbourne: Former lead singer with Black Sabbath, turned reality TV star [#20 Shot In The Dark]
(Pick 15): Joe Perry (Musician): Guitarist and sometime vocalist with rockers Aerosmith [#8 Walk This Way (Run DMC/Aerosmith)]
(Pick 16): Mike Peters: Lead singer with The Alarm [#22 Spirit Of '76 (The Alarm)]
(Pick 17): Grace Slick: US singer most associated with Jefferson Starship [#12 We Built This City (Starship)]
(Pick 18): Antone "Chubby" Tavares: One of five brothers and lead singer of funk and soul band Tavares [#12 Heaven Must Be Missing An Angel (Tavares)]
(Pick 19): Roger Whittaker: Easy Listening musician and singer [#10 The Skye Boat Song]
(Pick 20): Bill Wyman: Sometime long term guitarist for The Rolling Stones[ #13 Harlem Shuffle (Rolling Stones)]

• Like 3

The standard in this comp is really high. There were people with 9/20 picks that didn't even get in the top 50!

8 hours ago, Death Impends said:

New theme team:

Poor Little Ghoul - consisting of US Billboard chart toppers...

Nice to see a US #1 hits team that has zero crossover with my UK #1 hits team.

(Also the first time I don't have any mutual picks with Hits of 36 Years Ago since 2016, the debut year of both teams.)

• Like 3

8 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Right, here are the votes of the YoungWillz Jury. Watch them live!

12 Lords A-Leaving, 8 Ladies Dying

JOKER (Pick 1): Jerry Lee Lewis: Rock and roll pianist. (M)
(Pick 2): Chris Bonington: Mountaineer. (M)
(Pick 3): Rob Burrow: English Rugby League player. (M)
(Pick 4): Eileen Derbyshire: Actress who played Emily Bishop on Coronation Street. (F)
(Pick 5): Paul Di'Anno: Former lead singer with Iron Maiden. (M)
(Pick 6): Marianne Faithfull: Singer, Mick Jagger's ex. (F)
(Pick 7): Frank Field: Former Labour MP for Birkenhead. (M)
(Pick 8): Roberta Flack: R&B singer, famous for Killing Me Softly With His Song. (F) 
(Pick 9): Tony Green: British darts commentator, especially known for the quiz show Bullseye. (M)
(Pick 10): Denis Law: Footballer, striker for Scotland and both Manchesters. (M)
(Pick 11): Richard Lester: US film director, most famous for A Hard Day's Night and Help! (M)
(Pick 12): Imelda Marcos: Filipino former First Lady and politician. (F)
(Pick 13): Glen Matlock: Bass guitarist in the original line-up of The Sex Pistols. (M)
(Pick 14): Robin Millar (Record Producer): Hugely successful music producer, behind such acts as Sade, Fine Young Cannibals and Big Country, to name a few. (M)
(Pick 15): Liza Minnelli: Judy Garland's daughter, singer and actress in her own right. (F)
(Pick 16): Olivia Newton-John: Singer, played the role of Sandy in Grease. (F)
(Pick 17): Linda Nolan: Part of the sister singing group The Nolans. (F)
(Pick 18): Yoko Ono: Artist and musician, widow of John Lennon. (F) 
(Pick 19): William Russell: Actor, most famous for playing Ian Chesterton in Doctor Who.
(Pick 20): James Whale: Right wing radio shock jock. (M)

Comedy Cremations

Hits of 36 Years Ago And Hits Today

Nice. Already thinking I should have payed John Ashton more attention tbh!

That Comedy team seems held together by sticky back plaster.

Also hah, entirely different Sex Pistol from the one I was considering!

• Like 1

Equatic Doom (you may have gotten my email already for this team) 

William Shatner (Joker) pick 1

David Attenborough Pick 3

Gary Lockwood pick 12 (Frank Poole in 2001 at space odyssey)

Jack Nicholson pick 8 

Queen Elizabeth 2nd pick 6

Bill Russell (NBA player) pick 2

Paul Biya (politician) pick 4

Elton John pick seventeen

William Roache (Ken Barlow's actor in Coronation Street pick forteen

Grace Slick (member of 60s band Jefferson Airplane and it's reformations in the 70s and 80s aka Starship) pick 9

Maggie Smith (professor mcgonnagal in Harry Potter) pick 10

Jerry West (NBA player) pick 11

Julie Andrews pick 13

Julian Glover (general veers in star wars) pick 18

Michael Caine (pick 0) 

Raul Castro pick 16

Rupert Murdoch pick fifteen 

Billy Dee Williams pick 19 

John Cleese pick 20

Bobby Vinton pick 5

Substitutes:

John Astin

Pele

Duane Eddy 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Grim News said:

Cant wait what date does it begin in January?

I think it's going to take some time, this time. We might have an increase in players, plus the late Betty White death, and weekends that are placed a little bad this year. I guess it could take until Jan 15th-20th for the first version.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think it's going to take some time, this time. We might have an increase in players, plus the late Betty White death, and weekends that are placed a little bad this year. I guess it could take until Jan 15th-20th for the first version.

It will be worth the wait and the committee has done a superb job as always.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Worry not, you do a good job and it'll look good when its ready. 

• Like 2