Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

On 02/01/2022 at 08:56, Death Impends said:

I had considered Steve Lawrence for my US charttoppers theme team, but noticed that he was already picked by a crooner theme team in 2021 and I limited myself to those who were entirely unpicked last year. But that could be a lucky break for you if that theme team doesn't participate this year.

Steve Lawrence was Maury Sline in Blues Brothers right?

On 02/01/2022 at 03:10, Joey Russ said:

I approve of the Rick Davies pick. 

Whats wrong with ONJ (I know she has cancer but ethic cleansing wtf that's sick

9 hours ago, Grim News said:

Should have picked his brother too but good job 

His brother was already dead before 2022.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with ONJ (I know she has cancer but ethic cleansing wtf that's sick

Grim what is sick???? I do not understand

If you think picking a major celeb who seems likely to die is sick, then I’m pretty sure dead pooling is not the thing for you at all. 

• Like 3

When putting together the  biography pictures on the website  I would like to recommend  the top right picture of Chris Sarandon please to be used on his profile. 

One of the better pictures  of him from Fright Night without showing too much nudity!

Of course if a photo has already been selected then my  recommendation is naturally defunct!

17 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

When putting together the  biography pictures on the website  I would like to recommend  the top right picture of Chris Sarandon please to be used on his profile. 

One of the better pictures  of him from Fright Night without showing too much nudity!

Of course if a photo has already been selected then my  recommendation is naturally defunct!

262899370_ChrisSarandon.jpg.050a11247a8b9bd4719b3f5061ff1441.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank you! Your so much better at this kind of thing than me!

You're welcome.  :D

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, ethnic cleansing said:

How many teams had Martha Sepulveda??? Did she qualify under the new rules?

Ah, I see, she's dead.

Yes, just yesterday the question came up and we did allow her because the debate she caused was just so big.

I don't know yet how many picked her, if you picked her, too, then that's at least two teams.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, I see, she's dead.

Yes, just yesterday the question came up and we did allow her because the debate she caused was just so big.

I don't know yet how many picked her, if you picked her, too, then that's at least two teams.

Seems like the very definition of only famous for being ill

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Seems like the very definition of only famous for being ill

True, but we do allow for, let's say, socially signifcant cases. Right now, we have Vicky Phelan, the public face of a cancer scandal in Ireland. Last year, we allowed Noel Conway, a euthanasia "lobbyist".

We mostly wanted to block the sob stories in the tabloids, "mum has her last christmas", "random person XYZ in a coma at New Year's Eve", and "reality TV star's dying step dad who isn't famous at all and would never get a single obit if it wasn't for that family member".

Martha Sepulveda got a BBC (latin) obit as well, so I'd dare to call it a "good call" in terms of relevance. But I could very well imagine that she doesn't even get a qualifying english-language obit.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

True, but we do allow for, let's say, socially signifcant cases. Right now, we have Vicky Phelan, the public face of a cancer scandal in Ireland. Last year, we allowed Noel Conway, a euthanasia "lobbyist".

We mostly wanted to block the sob stories in the tabloids, "mum has her last christmas", "random person XYZ in a coma at New Year's Eve", and "reality TV star's dying step dad who isn't famous at all and would never get a single obit if it wasn't for that family member".

Martha Sepulveda got a BBC (latin) obit as well, so I'd dare to call ita "good call" in terms of relevance. But I could very well imaigne that she doesn't even get a qualifying english-language obit.

Sepulveda - mentioned here that right to die was granted and she "underwent the procedure". Sounds good enough for me, even if I don't agree with her inclusion in the DDP personally: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10386757/Colombian-man-one-people-end-life-new-euthanasia-policy.html

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Sepulveda - mentioned here that right to die was granted and she "underwent the procedure". Sounds good enough for me, even if I don't agree with her inclusion in the DDP personally: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10386757/Colombian-man-one-people-end-life-new-euthanasia-policy.html

Ah well, that's an awfully flimsy QO for an awfully flimsy case. I guess we will discuss it in the committee, but if A, then B, so it might just have to count.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah well, that's an awfully flimsy QO for an awfully flimsy case. I guess we will discuss it in the committee, but if A, then B, so it might just have to count.

Ha!!

I've seen flimsier - wasn't there some French bod, maybe a Spade pick, who got a QO by dint of a picture post on the BBC website and a caption? Hey, it's up to the Committee to decide what's in the rules and up to players to raise the spectre of picking such bods and their acceptability prior to the game starting. And we live with that. 

I'd rather have no hits personally than pick such a person - and I had picked Phelan years ago as a FFBI pick! My criteria changed after most of my sick and dying team decided to live. :P

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ha!!

I've seen flimsier - wasn't there some French bod, maybe a Spade pick, who got a QO by dint of a picture post on the BBC website and a caption? Hey, it's up to the Committee to decide what's in the rules and up to players to raise the spectre of picking such bods and their acceptability prior to the game starting. And we live with that. 

I'd rather have no hits personally than pick such a person - and I had picked Phelan years ago as a FFBI pick! My criteria changed after most of my sick and dying team decided to live. :P

My criteria for my own team in these particular cases is "would my parents bring them up in conversation without my starting it?" Which is yes for Phelan and yes for Dr Granger but no on pretty much all the other ones. My own singular version of the Clapham Bus. :D

Also, I have only just twigged I am older than Granger. Thought she was late 30s. Time bloody flies.

17 hours ago, ethnic cleansing said:

How many teams had Martha Sepulveda??? Did she qualify under the new rules?

2022 no-hopers The Living End picked her.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ha!!

Seems this hit pretty much removes the FFBI rule, in practice.  Tested what I thought was the border with one of my picks but, if I knew the fence was down....  I have to admit, all I really want is the W

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I don't think any of these people should count.  They are definitely FFBI - nobody would ever have heard of them if they were healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ethnic cleansing said:

Was Robert Durst a drop 40???

I too am keen and interested in the drop 40 and which picks are unique,  who has been picked by what team but I think we have just a little while still to wait to find out as the DDP  runners have an enormous task in getting everything sorted and typed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toast said:

I don't think any of these people should count.  They are definitely FFBI - nobody would ever have heard of them if they were healthy.

Would you exclude very tall or fat people? What about mentally ill serial killers?