Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

The DQ verdicts were all made, as hinted by Reptile in the DBN thread. As we're in the home stretch, and in interests of transparency, here's the poor nonentities you all tried to sneak past us this year:

Mike Mora - Already explained earlier in thread, not notable for photography career

Edith Kwoizalla - First German woman to be vaccinated against COVID. We already excluded the UK equivalents last year.

Esther Waitherero - Sister of President Mwai Kibaki of Kenya. No actual coverage that indicates notability.

Andrew McAslan - Minor runner who has not had coverage independent of his cancer

Phil Rossall - Wheelchair world record not good enough, nor is his fundraising amount

Esther Lee - Mentioned her as a no go in the salvage lot thread, reiterating that she is essentially a "family of X" pick even if she's the physical therapist to rather than a relative of Serena Williams

Mike Edwards - His football club is too minor a level

Robyn Free - I already said she wouldn't count in thread, as "one appearance on a game show" picks have a really high bar, to pass as a pick. She was indeed a pick, so now DQed

Dave Marsh - Member of a no-name 60s band who only got coverage as Kym's dying dad. Look if they're a 60s musician and I never heard of them...

Martha Sepulveda - Our toughest decision, and there was a lot of backing and forthing. In the end we decided that a case can be notable, but the person at the centre of it not necessarily so. If she fought for the change in that Colombian euthanasia law, it might have been good enough, but in the end she was just the first person to "benefit", for lack of a better word, from a law change that was made irrespective of her

Mia Macklin - Social media pick with nowhere near enough followers

Brian Morris - Golfer whose PGA "career" was one game, after a terminal illness. Not notable for his actual career, which was very local pre-illness

Tiffany Youngs - This came close to sneaking by, as she was in the database pre-FFBI ban. But no, only in the spotlight as Tom's wife

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

The DQ verdicts were all made, as hinted by Reptile in the DBN thread. As we're in the home stretch, and in interests of transparency, here's the poor nonentities you all tried to sneak past us this year:

Mike Mora - Already explained earlier in thread, not notable for photography career

Edith Kwoizalla - First German woman to be vaccinated against COVID. We already excluded the UK equivalents last year.

Esther Waitherero - Sister of President Mwai Kibaki of Kenya. No actual coverage that indicates notability.

Andrew McAslan - Minor runner who has not had coverage independent of his cancer

Phil Rossall - Wheelchair world record not good enough, nor is his fundraising amount

Esther Lee - Mentioned her as a no go in the salvage lot thread, reiterating that she is essentially a "family of X" pick even if she's the physical therapist to rather than a relative of Serena Williams

Robyn Free - I already said she wouldn't count in thread, as "one appearance on a game show" picks have a really high bar, to pass as a pick. She was indeed a pick, so now DQed

Dave Marsh - Member of a no-name 60s band who only got coverage as Kym's dying dad. Look if they're a 60s musician and I never heard of them...

Martha Sepulveda - Our toughest decision, and there was a lot of backing and forthing. In the end we decided that a case can be notable, but the person at the centre of it not necessarily so. If she fought for the change in that Colombian euthanasia law, it might have been good enough, but in the end she was just the first person to "benefit", for lack of a better word, from a law change that was made irrespective of her

Brian Morris - Golfer whose PGA "career" was one game, after a terminal illness. Not notable for his actual career, which was very local pre-illness

Tiffany Youngs - This came close to sneaking by, as she was in the database pre-FFBI ban. But no, only in the spotlight as Tom's wife

What Mike edwards is that as I can find many footballers by that name on Google ?

Just now, The Old Crem said:

What Mike edwards is that as I can find many footballers by that name on Google ?

Saltney Town

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Well done by the committee

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does that mean Amy and Harvey Prive have been approved or did neither of them get picked this year ?

43 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Does that mean Amy and Harvey Prive have been approved or did neither of them get picked this year ?

IllDrearyBaboon-max-1mb.gif.dd1a3dbb7e90ca0907e7dcf0ec3bd624.gif

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

IllDrearyBaboon-max-1mb.gif.dd1a3dbb7e90ca0907e7dcf0ec3bd624.gif

God my eyes are going. Sorry for the typo. 

3 hours ago, Death Impends said:

& Anne Brokenbraw - who was the intended sub for one of Edith and Esther but wasn't allowed off the insignificant bench she was sitting on.

There were also a couple of FFBI type picks that made it (with distaste) simply because they had enough notable coverage in their past pre illness to get over the line. I'm sure someone will be pointing those out once the site is up.

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

& Anne Brokenbraw - who was the intended sub for one of Edith and Esther but wasn't allowed off the insignificant bench she was sitting on.

There were also a couple of FFBI type picks that made it (with distaste) simply because they had enough notable coverage in their past pre illness to get over the line. I'm sure someone will be pointing those out once the site is up.

Delighted that none of my picks have been  rejected! Although  I do try very hard not to test the boundaries  John Ward last year aside!

I see the 'Celebrity Picks' section is accessible. Firstly, a thank you for all the effort put into getting the DDP up and running! I do realize there will be some adjustments to be made over the coming days, as checks are made to ensure all is correct. Whenever that occurs - and there is not a pressing concern - there is a slight adjustment for my team (Fade To Black). The Tony Brown I picked was the NBA referee, not the cricketer. My entry can be double-checked, to confirm. (Watch now as Tony Brown the cricketer dies and Tony Brown the ref does not. That would serve me right.)

11 minutes ago, alt obits guy said:

I see the 'Celebrity Picks' section is accessible. Firstly, a thank you for all the effort put into getting the DDP up and running! I do realize there will be some adjustments to be made over the coming days, as checks are made to ensure all is correct. Whenever that occurs - and there is not a pressing concern - there is a slight adjustment for my team (Fade To Black). The Tony Brown I picked was the NBA referee, not the cricketer. My entry can be double-checked, to confirm. (Watch now as Tony Brown the cricketer dies and Tony Brown the ref does not. That would serve me right.)

I can’t find this years picks? Have you got a link ?

I mean, we could wait for the official announcement. Especially as its clearly still in progress. Just a thought? 

Won’t say much on the matter, but I think my b team might be the closest to a classic Pelican lineup. Yep, that’s right Pelican, The Whipping Posts will end up winning this year. :D 

1 minute ago, msc said:

I mean, we could wait for the official announcement. Especially as its clearly still in progress. Just a thought? 

Advice noted. Which is why I've tried to be polite about it. I've also not been around the forum a whole lot the last couple of weeks, but am today. My luck, I'd only otherwise notice it after one of the Mr. Tony Browns had died, making it more complicated than if I just mention it today and take whatever flak comes with the request.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alt obits guy said:

Advice noted. Which is why I've tried to be polite about it. I've also not been around the forum a whole lot the last couple of weeks, but am today. My luck, I'd only otherwise notice it after one of the Mr. Tony Browns had died, making it more complicated than if I just mention it today and take whatever flak comes with the request.

It's the same Tony Brown me and Joey have. Either we all are interested in 80 year old cricketers after Ray Illingworth, or you know... :D

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

It's the same Tony Brown me and Joey have. Either we all are interested in 80 year old cricketers after Ray Illingworth, or you know... :D

I know:D . I've honestly never even heard of Tony Brown the cricketer. Not even in my search for deadpool entrants. But, you watch, he'll die and I'll regret bringing the matter up in the first place. :facepalm:

Wow joint first at 44 points with nearly half the hits on my team.Pretty surprised at that.

• Like 1

One thing I’ll say is that for being the most picked celeb, Alagiah only being on 140 teams is a bit underwhelming. Gotta be lowest total for a most picked celeb in a long while…

How did this get popular in deathlist forums

what happened that made this topic popular

1 minute ago, Hell said:

How did this get popular in deathlist forums

what happened that made this topic popular

Because when Hell goes into this thread it gets hot

• Haha 4

Just now, Gooseberry Crumble said:

44 Unique  picks surpassing my 38 Unique picks last year! I am delighted!!

Thank you @Grim Up North @Death Impends and @gcreptile for all of your dedication,  hardworking and passion!

You are gems!

Pan Breed came close with, err, no unique picks. :D

(The theme teams have 28 out of 40 though)

• Like 1

I see that someone else also submitted a golf theme team.  A lot of cross pollination, obviously, which stinks.

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Pan Breed came close with, err, no unique picks. :D

(The theme teams have 28 out of 40 though)

Oh Are you Pan Breed?

I am surprised that Christina Crawford is still a unique pick and after somebody  mentioning George Carey on here in a suggestion thread I didn't think it was good odds he would be unique. 

But that is balanced by Chris Sarandon and Maggie Dence not being unique when I reckoned at least one of them would be!

I was beginning to think I wouldn't surpass 38  this year or only  just but to surpass  by 6 is an excellent surprise!