Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

18 minutes ago, Sean said:

Incredible that picks 32-40 on Drop 40 are a tie.

Ahem, no they aren't ;). It has to be set manually, and it seems I began to skip over that part at around the 30th pick. Will be sorted.

• Haha 3

@Death Impends, can confirm it appears to be a browser-related issue. When I load the site on Google Chrome, no problems. When I load it on Safari, it just reverts back to 2021. That's never happened in the past though.

• Like 1

I devoured much of the website last night and intend to devour the rest of it to in the early hours. 

I was very impressed at how detailed it was given the enormity of the task. Definitely a labour of love by the 3 pool runners.

I was pleased to see that Rosemary Squires, David Ogilvy and Susan Harris didn't end up on the list off the lost and became unique picks for other players. 

Chuckled to myself at Gerry O'Hara as I was convinced his career high was the film The Stud which  revived Joan Collins career but the committee in their description clearly knew he was much more accomplished in film than a raunchy 1970s film of Joan Collins in a threesome and enjoying sexy fun  midair swinging over a pool!!:D

I want to thank everyone who worked so tirelessly for our amusement, pleasure, and edification.   I know how tedious and mind-numbing administrative work can be, especially if you get somebody like me who foolishly submits Kyle Rittenhouse as Kyle Rottweiler.

I am very grateful.  

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I devoured much of the website last night and intend to devour the rest of it to in the early hours. 

I was very impressed at how detailed it was given the enormity of the task. Definitely a labour of love by the 3 pool runners.

I was pleased to see that Rosemary Squires and Susan Harris didn't end up on the list off the lost and became unique picks for other players. 

Chuckled to myself at Gerry O'Hara as I was convinced his career high was the film The Stud which  revived Joan Collins career but the committee in their description clearly knew he was much more accomplished in film than a raunchy 1970s film of Joan Collins in a threesome and enjoying sexy fun  midair swinging over a pool!!:D

O'Hara, and all your other brand new picks, were my doing. Lots of fun to write! I didn't even see The Stud in his ouvere on IMDB hence me revamping his little blurb.

Hope you get a kick out of my shout out to you in another of your picks's descriptions!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

O'Hara, and all your other brand new picks, were my doing. Lots of fun to write! I didn't even see The Stud in his ouvere on IMDB hence me revamping his little blurb.

Hope you get a kick out of my shout out to you in another of your picks's descriptions!

Yes thank you! I thought  the biography descriptions for my new picks were very impressive and entertaining!

I especially  enjoyed  the Ed Fury one which is the shout out I think you are referring to!! I certainly got a kick out of it!

ps my good self focusing in on his raunchy film The Stud  and not his other lauded work is definitely a reflection on me and my philistine streak  and not your biography!

25 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I especially  enjoyed  the Ed Fury one which is the shout out I think you are referring to!! I certainly got a kick out of it!

Bingo.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Ahem, no they aren't ;). It has to be set manually, and it seems I began to skip over that part at around the 30th pick. Will be sorted.

Are ok didn`t count them just took your word for it.Sites looking great especially considering it is only the 17th and there are so many new names this year.Keep up good work guys.

@msc I have looked at your three teams and I think The Gallifrey regeneration game is both your most interesting team in terms of variety and choice of names and also is likely to be your best performer despite Pan Breed having  numerous drop 40  names.

Jane Sherwin, June Bland,  Mary Peach and Gabriel Wolf all good and interesting choices on the team!

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I was pleased to see that Rosemary Squires, David Ogilvy and Susan Harris didn't end up on the list off the lost and became unique picks for other players. 

Rosemary Squires is mine - thank you! Brilliant work from the team. I am really marvelling at the breadth of names this year. Glad to see Roasting Bodies In Redcar got a unique pick with Sonny Caldinez - he was very nearly on my list. 

One thing with my entry "Tragic, our Maurice" - it says it's my first year but it is actually my second year in DDP. That said, I got just two hits last year and came 354th, so I'm not too desperate to see that reproduced! ;) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

@msc I have looked at your three teams and I think The Gallifrey regeneration game is both your most interesting team in terms of variety and choice of names and also is likely to be your best performer despite Pan Breed having  numerous drop 40  names.

Jane Sherwin, June Bland,  Mary Peach and Gabriel Wolf all good and interesting choices on the team!

There was some confusion online when Henry Woolf died if it was Gabriel, so on finding him unpicked last year he had to go on a team. One of those instantly recognisable TV voices.

Jane Sherwin I went to such odds to find her year of birth (1932) last year it felt a shame to put that to waste. June Bland one of those "still alive" names - only 91 this year but always looked older in her career. She also left acting to teach it. She's in Earthshock alongside David "camp Cyberman" Banks, Matthew "Young Willz's first crush" Waterhouse and a hard nosed space commander played by, err, Beryl Reid!  As for Mary Peach, BAFTA nominations, shagged Patrick Troughton, nearly an Avenger - quite a life!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

One thing with my entry "Tragic, our Maurice" - it says it's my first year but it is actually my second year in DDP. That said, I got just two hits last year and came 354th, so I'm not too desperate to see that reproduced! ;) 

They've said the team descriptions await updates.

One of mine wittily says " Will these twenty picks be toast in 2021?"

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

screenshot-2022-01-17-at-21-42.png.ec7ba231b69cc33b7643f1959e0a48fb.png

Curious to know why this pick was allowed?

This is a 2020 pick that was adjudicated on back then. The decision seems to be based on the fact that he is part of her 'entourage' in that I suppose she was really young when she became famous and there are articles about him going back a while.

I haven't rechecked that summary is accurate but that's what the decision last year was roughly based on.

1 hour ago, msc said:

There was some confusion online when Henry Woolf died if it was Gabriel, so on finding him unpicked last year he had to go on a team. One of those instantly recognisable TV voices.

Jane Sherwin I went to such odds to find her year of birth (1932) last year it felt a shame to put that to waste. June Bland one of those "still alive" names - only 91 this year but always looked older in her career. She also left acting to teach it. She's in Earthshock alongside David "camp Cyberman" Banks, Matthew "Young Willz's first crush" Waterhouse and a hard nosed space commander played by, err, Beryl Reid!  As for Mary Peach, BAFTA nominations, shagged Patrick Troughton, nearly an Avenger - quite a life!

I think you will do well!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Rosemary Squires is mine - thank you! Brilliant work from the team. I am really marvelling at the breadth of names this year. Glad to see Roasting Bodies In Redcar got a unique pick with Sonny Caldinez - he was very nearly on my list. 

Rosemary Squires is a very worthy pick. I'd  have hated her to possibly end up on the list of the missed after I dropped  her. 

Maybe she will still be a choice available to me in 2023 .Maybe she won't. 

It was a toss up between dropping Rosemary,  Loretta Lynn or the Duchess of Kent.  It was a difficult decision  but in the end I have invested in advocating for Loretta and The Duchess so much even for the Official Deathlist that I felt choosing them over Rosemary made sense all round 

• Like 1

The only name that I've come across so far who is a hit but hasn't been added to the total is Joan Copeland, picked by 2 teams.

Mirror QO.

Which means we've had 18 hits in 17 days. Great start everyone!

• Like 2

Hard to tell the difference really between James Church and Dave Marsh and why one is allowed and one is not. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The only name that I've come across so far who is a hit but hasn't been added to the total is Joan Copeland, picked by 2 teams.

Mirror QO.

Which means we've had 18 hits in 17 days. Great start everyone!

And only two those hits are people reported as gravely Ill just before new year and would not have been a hit had their illness not been publicised 

• Like 1

Patrick Duffy is listed twice. Once as Patrick Duffy (unique), once as Sir Patrick Duffy (2 teams).

• Like 1

Just looking at the website and kind of surprised that the two main DL names that have gone weren't on the Drop 40. Was expecting Poitier there at least since I know some people (me included) had questions about Durst's reliability re: his illnesses 

8 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Patrick Duffy is listed twice. Once as Patrick Duffy (unique), once as Sir Patrick Duffy (2 teams).

There is an ex-MP called Patrick Duffy and a famous US actor (Dallas/Man from Atlantis) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

There is an ex-MP called Patrick Duffy and a famous US actor (Dallas/Man from Atlantis) 

I’m very aware.

However, both profiles displayed use a description for the politician and each uses a different picture of the politician.

• Like 1