Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

Still joint first.Not used to seeing my name at the top.

• Like 3

Quick 4 hits. I wonder why I decided to drop Bennett. 

7 hours ago, gcreptile said:

I've been updating like crazy, 3 times within 24 hours or so.

4 DDP deaths on January 20th (for now). 27 deaths in 20 days is a record rate, though the all-time monthly record of 36 deaths is still a bit away. But January still has 11 days, and there's Frank Field, Susie Steiner, Vicky Phelan, also Isabel Torres, and some more who might just be on a clock.

A very hyperactive  impressive start to the year for the DDP. 

I thought you were in for a very  busy time this year and so far  my hunch is coming true so buckle up ,  put on  your seatbelt it's going to be a bumpy and lumpy ride!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sideik said:

How many hits today? Must be some kind of record...

Too many :smoking-smiley:

8 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Too many :smoking-smiley:

All fear Voodoo Crumbles! :D

• Haha 1

Learning the hard way that the media will always obit their own, regardless :rolleyes:

Always weirdly excited to check out who is and isn't a unique pick on my teams when the DDP goes up.

diiie.png

^ Nice to have a unique joker, disappointing to only have 3 uniques in total. 5 names were picked on only one other team each, including John Gorman and Billy J. Kramer on (I think) their DDP debut year.

97-year-old #1 Hits mainstay Jane Morgan, who has been unique all 5 previous times I've picked her, has suddenly popped up on 3 other teams! Not the first of my picks I'd recommend snaffling, to be honest – after the Great Kitty Kallen Snub of 2016, can we really take her obit for granted?

I'm surprised Willie Nelson still hasn't cracked the Drop 40. Are you all holding out for his 90th birthday? Fuck my team, I hope he makes it.

diiiiiiiiiie.png

^ 10 uniques is a decent haul, most of them expected. Thought some of the antivaxxier names would be more widespread.

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.png

^ Blimey! Only Simone Segouin (on one other team) away from an all-unique sweep. It is a fairly obscure bunch. I thought Mr Poots would be on another team or two, though I'm not sure which other names I could reasonably have expected to share. Superstar Billy Graham nemesis Ivan Putski was bound to show up sooner or later, right?

(I doubt anyone's looking to me for serious tips, but Astiz and Zuckerman, in particular, are reportedly ailing enough to warrant being picked by more than just a single theme team...)

10 minutes ago, machotrouts said:

Superstar Billy Graham nemesis Ivan Putski was bound to show up sooner or later, right?

With the obits being written by another Superstar nemesis, Putski will be sure to have warm words if he goes... :lol:

"DDP hosts who know wrestling/DDP hosts who don't know wrestling" and "hating Superstar Billy Graham" handshake meme goes here...

6 hours ago, Death Impends said:

With the obits being written by another Superstar nemesis, Putski will be sure to have warm words if he goes... :lol:

"DDP hosts who know wrestling/DDP hosts who don't know wrestling" and "hating Superstar Billy Graham" handshake meme goes here..  

The other one was almost a centenarian

• Confused 1

The first new photos for our first time picks of 2022 are up! You can check the letters A, Y and Z for them.

If you would like to try a letter yourself, pm me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Grim News said:
14 hours ago, Death Impends said:

The other one was almost a centenarian

That does remind me. In the early 2010s, there was a "Which Billy Graham dies first? Reverend or Superstar?" poll.

The wrestling aficionados who truly knew what Superstar was like, ie msc and Spade, were about the only ones to correctly vote for the Reverend at the time!

18 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

That does remind me. In the early 2010s, there was a "Which Billy Graham dies first? Reverend or Superstar?" poll.

The wrestling aficionados who truly knew what Superstar was like, ie msc and Spade, were about the only ones to correctly vote for the Reverend at the time!

Not that I don't trust him, but if I saw Superstar's actual obit on here, I'd still want a second source.

15 hours ago, machotrouts said:

diiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiie.png

^ Blimey! Only Simone Segouin (on one other team) away from an all-unique sweep. It is a fairly obscure bunch. I thought Mr Poots would be on another team or two, though I'm not sure which other names I could reasonably have expected to share. Superstar Billy Graham nemesis Ivan Putski was bound to show up sooner or later, right?

(I doubt anyone's looking to me for serious tips, but Astiz and Zuckerman, in particular, are reportedly ailing enough to warrant being picked by more than just a single theme team...)

@machotrouts

I have to say that I don't really like this 'theme' team. I've never discussed it because by the time I've got over my annoyance at having to create all the new celebrity records I've forgotten that I don't really think it's an acceptable theme team.

Whilst in this case it's obviously exactly what it says it is ( and why you'd want to do that I have no idea) but if one year you submitted the team and it was theoretically done the same way but had a whole bunch of drop 40 hits by lucky coincidence how are the Committee supposed to know?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

@machotrouts

I have to say that I don't really like this 'theme' team. I've never discussed it because by the time I've got over my annoyance at having to create all the new celebrity records I've forgotten that I don't really think it's an acceptable theme team.

Whilst in this case it's obviously exactly what it says it is ( and why you'd want to do that I have no idea) but if one year you submitted the team and it was theoretically done the same way but had a whole bunch of drop 40 hits by lucky coincidence how are the Committee supposed to know?

(THEME) I went through every Wikipedia page for living people and decided to pick the top 20 people I thought would die this year

On 21/01/2022 at 12:45, maryportfuncity said:

He's two of my jokers (main team and  the Kiddyfiddler Harriers theme team), oh aye and he's #1 on my HPDP line up. 

Cheers Russell :unsure:

Surely it's Sidney Cooke's year too?

Unless the old nonce is immortal.

7 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Surely it's Sidney Cooke's year too?

Unless the old nonce is immortal.

Fuckin' hope it's Cooke's year - those Kiddyfiddler Harriers in full: 

1. Prince Andrew
  2. Barry Bennell
  3. Russell Bishop Drop Forty bonus Joker!
  4. Sidney Cooke
  5. Chris Denning Unique pick
  6. Alan Dershowitz
  7. Joseph Fritzl
  8. David Fuller Unique pick
  9. Gary Glitter
  10. Stuart Hall
  11. Rolf Harris Drop Forty bonus
  12. Ian Huntley
  13. Robert "R." Kelly Unique pick
  14. Jonathan King
  15. Ghislaine Maxwell Drop Forty bonus
  16. Graham Ovenden Unique pick
  17. Geoffrey Prime Unique pick
  18. Fred Talbot
  19. Ian Watkins
  20. Bill Wyman

On 20/01/2022 at 07:51, Youth in Asia said:

I didn't even realise Jana Bennett had died until I just checked DDP. How is it possible she doesn't have an obit from the BBC, where she worked for ages, or from any of the major papers. Did she end up as persona non grata in the industry for some reason?

It took nearly two weeks but she finally gets a worthy obit from one of the UK publications, in this case the Guardian

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You need to change Igor Bogdanoff's death date from November 3, 2022 to January 3, 2022.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

You need to change Igor Bogdanoff's death date from November 3, 2022 to January 3, 2022.

What, you telling me we can’t see deaths from the future yet? Darn. :( 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

What, you telling me we can’t see deaths from the future yet? Darn. :( 

Well, my opponent in the Deathlist Cup is named @GuyFromFuture, so you will have to ask them.

On 25/01/2022 at 16:42, Joey Russ said:

It took nearly two weeks but she finally gets a worthy obit from one of the UK publications, in this case the Guardian

Jana Bennett got a big bit on Last Word yesterday. So she'd got a BBC obit which counted in the end.

• Like 1