Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

With the exception of a few very tough cases, the new DDP photos of 2022 are now done. Big thanks to @Toast, @Ulitzer95 and @Book for their help!  Check out their work if you haven't yet.

• Like 10

I am currently in the middle of cross-referencing my long list against the DDP to keep track of those people who have not been picked these last nine years

With news of Fenton, that's 34 down so far in Jan (not counting the 3 non obits so far). We may have 3 more hits tonight, of course, but have I missed other people who'll have us tying the single month record already?

1 minute ago, CastAway said:

With news of Fenton, that's 34 down so far in Jan (not counting the 3 non obits so far). We may have 3 more hits tonight, of course, but have I missed other people who'll have us tying the single month record already?

Norma Waterson is also dead.

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Norma Waterson is also dead.

1 more to tie, 2 to break the record in that case?

7 minutes ago, CastAway said:

1 more to tie, 2 to break the record in that case?

Yes, that's correct. And already impressive. We don't have a K2 theme team this year that was basically harvesting a couple of January hits.

There'll definitely be one more hit, in my opinion, because there's always one that gets reported late. And maybe Everett Lee gets something.

• Like 1

Here is a picture of Donald Wetzel  one of the names you have struggled to find a photo for... this awkward feat also happened to be one of my picks-totally predictable one of mine would be awkward and difficult!

Thanks to all concerned for their hard work. 

Apologies @gcreptile, this one is my bad.

wetzeld022..jpg.9592ebf49dee02e271ef853fe2ab5909.jpg

Here is the photo I sent you. I named it wetzeld022..jpg, and the second "." being the reason why it didn't auto upload into its place I presume.

• Thanks 1

Who else is missing, so we can have a scout around?

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Apologies @gcreptile, this one is my bad.

wetzeld022..jpg.9592ebf49dee02e271ef853fe2ab5909.jpg

Here is the photo I sent you. I named it wetzeld022..jpg, and the second "." being the reason why it didn't auto upload into its place I presume.

Thank you! Did you have the pleasure of selecting which of the sexy pics of Ed Fury to use?!

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

Who else is missing, so we can have a scout around?

A German TV host and journalist called Kiu Eckstein  .

Also @Toast if you go on page for letter T there are about 5 different famous Charles Taylors needing photos including a former English cricketer. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Thank you! Did you have the pleasure of selecting which of the sexy pics of Ed Fury to use?!

Nope! Haha, I did S–Z.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Also @Toast if you go on page for letter T there are about 5 different famous Charles Taylors needing photos including a former English cricketer. 

Fun fact - I was so "can't be bothered" when making the profiles for the Charles Taylors that I mistakenly put one as born in "Manitoba, USA"!

• Haha 2

I gave the Charles Taylor section the level of effort it deserved.

2BC7A473-7928-4F5F-90FB-72009C4C287B.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Sorry I didn't assist with the phots this year, Real life (& death) intervened. 

Looking at my entries I see that Ann Haydon-Jones is listed as "Ann Haydon Jone".

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

It was me and I could hardly decide!!! And after that I needed a cold shower! :lol:

The only thing I can say about him is: W-O-W!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Book said:

It was me and I could hardly decide!!! And after that I needed a cold shower! :lol:

The only thing I can say about him is: W-O-W!

I'm glad it brought you pleasure!!

• Like 1

As car troubles have left me home today, have used this extra bit of spare time to give the old 2021 scoreboard the gold/silver/bronze fashionings and finally put up the first Theme Team League scoreboard. No 404s linked to on the main page now, and I'm certainly glad Reptile decided to prefix all the theme team names!

Also my poor guinea pigs got startled just now because I laugh-coughed after seeing the new BoJo pic...

• Like 2

Hello - I emailed the DDP address about ten days ago to point out that one of my subs has been put as a member of my main team on the DDP site but I’m not sure why as all of my main team were alive at the start of the competition, but no reply as yet - I realise you’re probably very busy, I’m just wondering if I missed that Ralph Clarke did indeed die last year as I couldn’t find any reports?

thanks

LB

6 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Hello - I emailed the DDP address about ten days ago to point out that one of my subs has been put as a member of my main team on the DDP site but I’m not sure why as all of my main team were alive at the start of the competition, but no reply as yet - I realise you’re probably very busy, I’m just wondering if I missed that Ralph Clarke did indeed die last year as I couldn’t find any reports?

thanks

LB

Hi Lardy - not at my computer at moment but I’m pretty certain that one of other committee directed me to a post on here that confirmed they had died off most people’s radar.

i normally email everyone to tell them their pick has died and the sub is in play but this year it was too big a job.

cheers, GUN

EDIT .found it, posted by Rhys in May in the 100 Club.

6 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

thanks

LB

I did send an email response on the 21st. Possible the response went to spam?:

"This tweet mentions the death of an 105-year-old prisoner: https://twitter.com/francescrook/status/1362058682939416576

Although it doesn't explicitly mention Clarke by name, he was the only UK prisoner to be that old and so the committee put two-and-two together and figured it had to be him.

A shame he didn't get any obit coverage as points for the scumbag certainly would have been very welcome!"

Thank you GUN and DI, I shall stand corrected and pin my hopes on Alagiah then :D

I know you folks have loads to do, but can I just ask why my 'Well done it you got these at home' is no longer showing as a theme team?

1 minute ago, Handrejka said:

I know you folks have loads to do, but can I just ask why my 'Well done it you got these at home' is no longer showing as a theme team?

I'll change it. Must be some kind of old data that made it in - from before the (THEME) era.

I think we have the time for minor changes now. Spelling mistakes and other things. So just mention them.

• Like 2