Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

I should add, and repeat, that what remains for me to do is to update the team data, i.e. name changes, years in DDP, (THEME) designations, team descriptions, and highest rank. I have to change a little in the way the DDP files work to make it more automatic. It's a long-term investment so to say, and it will be done. But for the time being some of these team things might be a little out of date or wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I'll change it. Must be some kind of old data that made it in - from before the (THEME) era.

I think we have the time for minor changes now. Spelling mistakes and other things. So just mention them.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Hey GC Reptile et al, great work on the DDP so far :)

Been enjoying reading the obits.  I'd be happy to do the prominent Australian obits when they occur if that appeals.  Give a local flavour and all. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Dr_T said:

Hey GC Reptile et al, great work on the DDP so far :)

Been enjoying reading the obits.  I'd be happy to do the prominent Australian obits when they occur if that appeals.  Give a local flavour and all. 

Glad you've been enjoying my efforts! It's been a lot of interesting lives to write about thus far, a fun experience so far if also busy busy.

Could be an interesting concept, I will keep the door open and be sure to remind me whenever a major Aussie death arises. I do find it fun to dig in to lives that were unfamiliar to me before, but obits def have an extra depth when written by someone already familiar with them.

• Like 2

Sorry Death Impends...been out of touch with who is doing what.  Definitely been enjoying reading the obits though.  I guess we can do this a couple of ways, I can write them when I see one I fancy and you can choose to use it, use part of it or ignore it.  I'd be ok with any eventuality.  Otherwise, let me know if there is one you'd like me to do and I'll do it.  I've always got plenty happening these days so I won't get precious about how this turns out - trust me :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Does 36 mean we have equalled or surpassed the previous record?

equaled at 36. I think there's 4 non-obits so far, so let's see re: them, and there may be others that are announced in a day or two and/or ones I haven't seen die over the last 3-4 hours that would see the record broken

• Thanks 1

Occasionally I check for reuters.uk obits, but as a non-UK person it was never reliable for me. 

• Like 1

Oh, the picture of Chris D'Elia shows Penn Badgley, not Chris D'Elia.

Edit: Estelle Parsons actually won the Oscar for "Bonnie & Clyde". Maybe her bio can be updated. Thanks.

20 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Barry Nnewman nneeds to have a superfluous N removed from his surnname.

I noticed a few like that while  I was working on images.

On 19/01/2022 at 15:54, YoungWillz said:

Haven't been through them all, but some odd double initialled surnames. Sheena Eeaston, Barry Nnewman, Jiro Oono.

25 minutes ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Barry Nnewman nneeds to have a superfluous N removed from his surnname.

:clivedunn:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

:clivedunn:

You didn't include a little joke in your post though.

On 19/01/2022 at 15:54, YoungWillz said:

Haven't been through them all, but some odd double initialled surnames. Sheena Eeaston, Barry Nnewman, Jiro Oono.

On 19/01/2022 at 16:19, Grim Up North said:

ii hhave nno iidea wwhy tthat wwould hhappen:D 

Are we having an environmentally friendly recycling day?

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Are we having an environmentally friendly recycling day?

I understand that time is needed is to work through the teams and this sort of thing.

Drawing the Hemlock's attention to the fact this has been pointed out before. Rather like Mollie Walker's continued participation in the Cup, despite the fact she's dead, unless there's a hugely famous Mollie W I've never heard of, of course.

I'm not supposed to be here.

So, s'cuse the blatant bias when I've got the head of ISIS as a unique this year but...he's been "taken off the battlefield" by the US. Not exactly a q/o since you can leave the battlefield alive but incapable. Clearly, I'll be watching developments with interest from here on in. 

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60246129

Oh, wait - Sky have him  dead for sure, q/o: https://news.sky.com/story/us-troops-kill-is-leader-abu-ibrahim-al-hashimi-al-qurayshi-in-syria-raid-12531902

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, s'cuse the blatant bias when I've got the head of ISIS as a unique this year but...he's been "taken off the battlefield" by the US. Not exactly a q/o since you can leave the battlefield alive but incapable. Clearly, I'll be watching developments with interest from here on in. 

Link: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-60246129

Oh, wait - Sky have him  dead for sure, q/o: https://news.sky.com/story/us-troops-kill-is-leader-abu-ibrahim-al-hashimi-al-qurayshi-in-syria-raid-12531902

Terrorist organisation members are included but there must be official verification of when they died from both sides of the conflict (i.e. “The West” and the terrorists themselves).

From the Rules. Good old ISIS will have to confirm his death. 

Just now, YoungWillz said:

Terrorist organisation members are included but there must be official verification of when they died from both sides of the conflict (i.e. “The West” and the terrorists themselves).

From the Rules. Good old ISIS will have to confirm his death. 

Hang on, just ringing them. I'll pass on sympathies but make it clear there's points at stake :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Ah, good you've already told me that he was picked. I never know under which letter to look with the arab names.... but yes, ISIS needs to confirm.

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Ah, good you've already told me that he was picked. I never know under which letter to look with the arab names.... but yes, ISIS needs to confirm.

Aye, well - they're not the fastest where that's concerned but they do have the best part of 11 months to confirm that big fat four point unique pick bonus!

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye, well - they're not the fastest where that's concerned but they do have the best part of 11 months to confirm that big fat four point unique pick bonus!

Plus the three for an unnatural death!

4 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hang on, just ringing them. I'll pass on sympathies but make it clear there's points at stake :rolleyes:

Believe it or not, but organisations like ISIS and the Taliban do maintain a good thread of communication with the western media, to an extent. They have to.

I've been at the Telegraph before when one of my journo friends received a phone call from a Boko Haram spokesperson. Very strange experience.

You should be okay for points. ISIS were very quick to confirm the death of al-Baghdadi in 2019. They had replaced him within a week as well. Quick replacement makes it look like the death is not as meaningful to them as the West would like to believe. It's a show of strength and resilience.

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

Plus the three for an unnatural death!

Indeed, though death by old age isn't summat you expect when you're the boss of ISIS.