Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

Rising to second position. 13 points behind David Quantick's Showbiz Pals. 

He has 8 different names left: Deborah James, Vicky Phelan, Julia Reichert, Bill Steel, Susie Steiner, Dick Vitale, Tom Weiskopf and Alyson Williams.

I have 9 different names left: George Alagiah, Ady Barkan, Rob Burrow, Shannen Doherty, Olivia Newton-John, Linda Nolan, Gavin Robertson, Jean-Louis Trintignant and Bill Turnbull.

Same names: Frank Field, Pele, George Perez and Don West.

I am feeling strong with my lineup.

5 minutes ago, Eesti said:

It's how strong your line up are feeling that counts. :D

• Like 3

The Living End lurch - possibly rather briefly - into the top fifteen.   I think I'd need both of my unique picks to expire (possible) and to obit (no chance) to sustain that.

The Alagiah/Turnbull double is a factor to look at, though I think we already previously identified George Alagiah as a key differential or "un-differential".

But with those two together, we get a pretty broad "drop 40" wave in which somebody might just win with one lucky hit, thinking of Book's Natalie Kwadrans, or Tofoa's, say, Jean-Louis Trintignant.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Eesti said:

Rising to second position. 13 points behind David Quantick's Showbiz Pals. 

He has 8 different names left: Deborah James, Vicky Phelan, Julia Reichert, Bill Steel, Susie Steiner, Dick Vitale, Tom Weiskopf and Alyson Williams.

I have 9 different names left: George Alagiah, Ady Barkan, Rob Burrow, Shannen Doherty, Olivia Newton-John, Linda Nolan, Gavin Robertson, Jean-Louis Trintignant and Bill Turnbull.

Same names: Frank Field, Pele, George Perez and Don West.

I looked at this earlier on. I think if I had to guess my deaths for the rest of the year: James, Phelan, Reichert, Steel and Steiner. Which I think comes to... 44 points? You're looking at 57 from your team to equalise then, which is feasible. Getting two (ideally three) from Barkan, Burrow and Doherty will be key for you.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Tom Smith's death has me in 9th place, solo. Now if Peter Tobin will only do us the service of his demise (and should a miraculous Dan Lacey QO appears out of thin air), I might actually have a shot at glory.

Punted me briefly back to a clear 6th place. Given the tonnage of genuine totterers (i.e. old as fuck) left in the line up I feel a steady decline in fortunes coming on. Only the violent and unexpected end of Donald Trump could arrest this situation. 

I really hope this comes down to a Hellstrom year end obit/non-obit

11 minutes ago, Banana said:

I really hope this comes down to a Hellstrom year end obit/non-obit

If those 7 points were crucial at years end I could scream. Luckily Spade seems to be making it a moot point so far.

Hi,

Is there anyway I can have my team completely removed from the DDP website? It wouldn't affect the D40 for the rest of the participants, I think. I would greatly appreciate it.

See spoiler for explanation, don't wanna derail the thread.

Spoiler

My father died unexpectedly and my life has been a living hell in the past few days. I can't think straight. All I know is that I want no part in deathpooling whatsoever (that was already planned for the long-term). Maybe karma is finally striking back at me with full force after a decade of engaging in this type of game, I dunno.

I would like to thank the community for the entertainment that you've given me over the years. It's been a lot of laughs, and I hope that at least a fraction of my posts brightened someone's day. I just can't see myself returning here all that often in the future, if at all.

Oh, and this goes to all the pools that I'm active in, so I'm tagging all the different hosts.

@gcreptile@Death Impends@Grim Up North@An Fear Beag@chilean way@machotrouts@Lafaucheuse

• Sad 13

4 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Hi,

Is there anyway I can have my team completely removed from the DDP website? It wouldn't affect the D40 for the rest of the participants, I think. I would greatly appreciate it.

Hide contents

My father died unexpectedly and my life has been a living hell in the past few days. I can't think straight. All I know is that I want no part in deathpooling whatsoever (that was already planned for the long-term). Maybe karma is finally striking back at me with full force after a decade of engaging in this type of game, I dunno.

I would like to thank the community for the entertainment that you've given me over the years. It's been a lot of laughs, and I hope that at least a fraction of my posts brightened someone's day. I just can't see myself returning here all that often in the future, if at all.

Oh, and this goes to all the pools that I'm active in, so I'm tagging all the different hosts.

@gcreptile@Death Impends@Grim Up North@An Fear Beag@chilean way@machotrouts@Lafaucheuse

So sorry to hear of your loss predictor.This isn`t about Karma though my friend.I am sure you have never wished any of your picks to die who weren't murderers or paedophiles or other genuinely reprehensible people.You have nothing to be ashamed of.I used to work with the elderly and everyone informally made predictions about deaths.Just give yourself time to grieve for your loss before you start judging yourself.When those close to us die we always want to blame ourselves.Death is sadly a part of life.Predictions are not a wish list.

Whatever happens though I wish you the best.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Predictor said:

Hi,

Reveal hidden contents

So sad to hear of your loss, I'll have you and your lovers in my thoughts. I really appreciate your participation in the forum as a member who make me to learn about those famous and important people from your country, thanks for all, you're a great person. I know life can get harder in this moment but I have faith that you can going through and become stronger after all, best wishes!!!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, chilean way said:

So sad to hear of your loss, I'll have you and your lovers in my thoughts. I really appreciate your participation in the forum as a member who make me to learn about those famous and important people from your country, thanks for all, you're a great person. I know life can get harder in this moment but I have faith that you can going through and become stronger after all, best wishes!!!

Predictor like many of the regulars on this forum I consider a friendly face. So if you do want to leave deadpooling please direct message me so we can keep in touch .

• Like 3

If this it predictor I want you to watch one of my favourite songs. Was incidentally my Grandads favourite song and was his final song before his coffin went to be cremated. What me and the rest of the family never realised is how long was the song was.So we went from crying our hearts out to laughing at the irony  as it went on and on and we like to think he was sitting upstairs at laughing at us all while everyone checked their watch.I was so close to my Grandparents and did the eulogy for the 3 I grew up with.My father is very ill and I dread the day I have to do the eulogy .

I hope one day you look at the good times and humour and likewise can find humour when it occurs in life naturally . 

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Predictor said:

Hi,

Reveal hidden contents

I think removing your team is possible but as it's not in my domain as co-host I'll leave that question to Reptile. My deepest condolences, I can't even imagine the utter hell you're going through right now. I've enjoyed your presence here, and while I understand regretting your deadpooling past at this moment, as time goes on I hope you don't kick yourself over it and remember our general sense of community and supporting one another in times of need, and that it's a morbid game but not a sociopathic one. Be well, and I hope you can find peace.

• Like 4

It's possible yes, it requires concentration on my side, and I think I got COVID yesterday. I'll know later today, and will remove the team as soon as I find the mental clarity.

• Like 1

So Michel Bouquet might have been an unique for Predictor.

I gather he has withdrawn his team, so straight to List Of The Missed, @Death Impends?

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

So Michel Bouquet might have been an unique for Predictor.

I gather he has withdrawn his team, so straight to List Of The Missed, @Death Impends?

Correct. With Predictor's withdrawal now being acknowledged (if not yet updated in the system by Reptile), Bouquet was last picked in 2015.

• Like 1

Luis Pareto Gonzalez (wiki), Chilean politician who died in January, is one for the List of the Lost.

• Thanks 1

So the number of days in the year and the number of deaths are still keeping pace and closely  aligned. Impressive 

We are on day 106 of the year 2022 and 108 deaths.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

So the number of days in the year and the number of deaths are still keeping pace and closely  aligned. Impressive 

We are on day 106 of the year 2022 and 108 deaths.

A good year to have retired from the front page on. B)

• Haha 1