Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

New York Times says Scottsdale, Arizona for Dozier. Surprised myself, but there you go.

Now, where did Raymond Briggs die? Lawdy...

Possibly Overton Ward, Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. (Unless he was discharged to die at home/hospice).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

When 1/3 of all profiles on the DDP consistently have erroneous dates and places of birth, fuck knows why you've just suddenly started investing time in this.

Hmm, let me think...gcr seemed to be looking for assistance on Dozier.

I mean,  I could be one of those who just says "fuck it, the DDP is a mess, and I'll moan about it".

However, I think that @Death Impends; @gcreptile and @Grim Up North are incredibly splendid and competent people who are more than capable of sorting stuff out, but even the best of us need a little assistance sometimes. For example, do you prefer the Theme Team League being updated and interesting obits on the DDP, or do you want them spending all their time raking through years of entries to find a List of the Lost?

Also, I think it took 2 minutes just to check and post this morning. Being a good and helpful person lost it's value in the social media "everyone's a bastard as long as I'm all right Jack" era.

• Confused 1

I've said before (maybe only in my mind, but the thought was there), I am happy to go through the bios on the site one day for a subbing check, any typos or stuff that's now out of date. Maybe someone else could offer for DOBs?

• Like 1

On 10/08/2022 at 13:14, Spade_Cooley said:

I've said before (maybe only in my mind, but the thought was there), I am happy to go through the bios on the site one day for a subbing check, any typos or stuff that's now out of date. Maybe someone else could offer for DOBs?

Yes, I also always planned to do this "one day". In the end, the time to do that never came (it's one of the things I hope to be able to do next year instead of playing the Cup).

I kind of hoped to get COVID and be mildly incapacitated for two weeks to do that, but then I was actually lying down for a week and couldn't do much.

It's something I kind of don't want to use my holidays for.

That said, I will be mostly away from home during the next two weeks, not completely as I return home for a day between two trips. But updates will be spotty.

• Like 2

@Death Impends Thank you for a really great obituary for Olivia Newton-John, very dignified and kind of heartbreaking too. Reading the obituary while listening to her music gave me goosebumps as I am still a little saddened by her death. You hit the right words.

8 minutes ago, Book said:

@Death Impends Thank you for a really great obituary for Olivia Newton-John, very dignified and kind of heartbreaking too. Reading the obituary while listening to her music gave me goosebumps as I am still a little saddened by her death. You hit the right words.

The reference to a certain forum regular actually made me roar with laughter.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Book said:

Aww, thanks. It took me a few weeks before I could listen to Ronettes songs without my heart sinking a bit, so I definitely get you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Aww, thanks. It took me a few weeks before I could listen to Ronettes songs without my heart sinking a bit, so I definitely get you.

At the moment I can only listen to Olivia, also the really bad trash from the 90s and 00s, I don't care :lol:

• Haha 1

After Egidius Braun (16.03.2022) and Margot Eskens (29.07.2022), Rolf Eden (11.08.2022) seems to be my third contribution to this year's LOTL.

Do you know which team has ever produced the most LOTL cases in one year?

1 hour ago, Book said:

After Egidius Braun (16.03.2022) and Margot Eskens (29.07.2022), Rolf Eden (11.08.2022) seems to be my third contribution to this year's LOTL.

You might have started something there Book. 

My 2023 LOTL theme team is under consctruction, just getting the name of the old guy who walks his dog in the wood opposite and tends to cough quite a lot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Book said:

msc's deliberate LotL team from a few years back holds the record I'm fairly sure.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

msc's deliberate LotL team from a few years back holds the record I'm fairly sure.

Actually, not only did that team cost me money, and ruin my point by nearly half of them obitting, but it didn't even get that the most Lotl names record. Second to Seoul Takers or one of WEPs teams iirc.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, msc said:

or one of WEPs teams iirc.

You do surprise me :D

14 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

You do surprise me :D

Never underestimate the master! :)

The record is around 7-8 Lotl-ers. I think Shameless was pretty high up in the list, but got tied or overtaken a few years later.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Book said:

I don't know, but over the last sixteen years I've had loads and never seem to learn from my own mistakes.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Artist Antonio Russo looks to be another LotLer. Died back in June and can't find any QOs at a glance.

FFS.

What's the point of being an award winning artist with international exhibitions if your stupid A list friends can't tweet some tears over your death?

Ahem.

tbf it was a reasoned gamble and it probably failed.

Not as annoyed by this as the recent trend for the likes of Leon Lissek, Morris Perry, Sonny Caldinez and so on to not even get the briefest of death notices. Or when they can't be bothered to confirm an actual Bond film actor died, leaving the truth in a bunch of barely followed tweets no one of note picked up on at the time. Meanwhile if you farted on TikTok or reality TV in Venezuela or Mongolia, full page Mail obit. Just a lack of respect. Or press knowing folk died a while ago but just not being arsed to let anyone know. When Crem's "Will they even obit?" meme becomes an issue for actual celebs, while quasi-ones breeze through, it does lose a lot of the fun of the game, for me - and that's really anything any of the hosts can counter, because its the stupid British press being a bunch of stupid arseholes who couldn't analysis world events if it was written for Winnie the Pooh to understand.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, msc said:

FFS.

What's the point of being an award winning artist with international exhibitions if your stupid A list friends can't tweet some tears over your death?

Ahem.

tbf it was a reasoned gamble and it probably failed.

Not as annoyed by this as the recent trend for the likes of Leon Lissek, Morris Perry, Sonny Caldinez and so on to not even get the briefest of death notices. Or when they can't be bothered to confirm an actual Bond film actor died, leaving the truth in a bunch of barely followed tweets no one of note picked up on at the time. Meanwhile if you farted on TikTok or reality TV in Venezuela or Mongolia, full page Mail obit. Just a lack of respect. Or press knowing folk died a while ago but just not being arsed to let anyone know. When Crem's "Will they even obit?" meme becomes an issue for actual celebs, while quasi-ones breeze through, it does lose a lot of the fun of the game, for me - and that's really anything any of the hosts can counter, because its the stupid British press being a bunch of stupid arseholes who couldn't analysis world events if it was written for Winnie the Pooh to understand.

I have always thought everyone I have picked would easily Obit but Leon Lissek still hasn’t and I can’t see him doing so now. 

What were the last DDP hits? I feel like we are in the middle of a big drought.

8 minutes ago, drol said:

What were the last DDP hits? I feel like we are in the middle of a big drought.

In the last week (still to be updated, Reptiles away this week iirc)

Bill Pittman

Lenny Johnrose

Duggie Brown

August tends to be a quieter month. This one has been more active than in general due to a number of "where the hell did that come from" type deaths. In terms of the DDP, 97 hits to break the record, 134 days left in 2022.3 weeks behind 2020 at this point, so unlikely, but yeah, the DDP's still in its normal average form, even with a vast number of misses.

• Like 1