Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

On 01/01/2022 at 10:44, msc said:

Nice. Already thinking I should have payed John Ashton more attention tbh!

That Comedy team seems held together by sticky back plaster.

Also hah, entirely different Sex Pistol from the one I was considering!

Quarter of them gone, before the bad weather. :(

4 hits in the past week while I was gone? It's done.

And thanks, I updated Tewson's birthdate. I can do more updates today (Helen Grayco?), then I'm gone for another week.

• Like 2

I may have made it into the top 10 of the Theme Team League....:o

Stanley Baxter's been bed blocking for years...sort it out Liz Truss! 

• Like 1

Tom Weiskopf causes a) a bit of a bottleneck for 2nd and b) me to go 27 points clear.

I, for one, am stunned by this news. I actually called something correct in the DDP in 2022?

Considering the initial positive developments in Weiskopf's health early in the year, this not necessarily obvious turn of events swings things around - hard to see now an alternative path to winning the DDP now for anyone else.

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

hard to see now an alternative path to winning the DDP now for anyone else.

Of the three teams tied for third, I think Sound of the Underground has the best chance if that's my lot for 2022: it's feasible that Bobby Caldwell, Alan Melinek and Tammy Slaton could all die, and that'd put them top by dint of having more hits than me. However, they don't have Don West, and I've got other coverage in the likes of Pele, Bill Steel and Julie Reichert...

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Of the three teams tied for third, I think Sound of the Underground has the best chance if that's my lot for 2022: it's feasible that Bobby Caldwell, Alan Melinek and Tammy Slaton could all die, and that'd put them top by dint of having more hits than me. However, they don't have Don West, and I've got other coverage in the likes of Pele, Bill Steel and Julie Reichert...

Ah, Pele!  I've heard of him.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Random question here, but...

Re Fauja Singh who claims to have been born 1 April 1911 and has been picked by four of us on the DDP,  what happens re points if the obits can't agree on his age and all go with the line it remains a mystery? Wikipedia and the list of Britain's oldest people (which ignores him completely) aren't much help and where there is doubt about his age it's a big doubt, i.e. that his age is significantly below what he claims. Clearly, this is a question about the difference between 4 points or a mere 3 (unless he happens to open his front door when one convicted drug dealer is pursuing another one nearby). But still wondering if there's any precedent for such a situation., and thinking to ask whilst he's still breathing.

Fauja-Singh1.jpg

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Random question here, but...

Re Fauja Singh who claims to have been born 1 April 1911 and has been picked by four of us on the DDP,  what happens re points if the obits can't agree on his age and all go with the line it remains a mystery? Wikipedia and the list of Britain's oldest people (which ignores him completely) aren't much help and where there is doubt about his age it's a big doubt, i.e. that his age is significantly below what he claims. Clearly, this is a question about the difference between 4 points or a mere 3 (unless he happens to open his front door when one convicted drug dealer is pursuing another one nearby). But still wondering if there's any precedent for such a situation., and thinking to ask whilst he's still breathing.

Fauja-Singh1.jpg

We would go with his claimed age. Shivakumara Swami definitely wasn't as old as claimed either, but he was still treated as 111 by the DDP system as there was no hard evidence to the contrary.

9 hours ago, Death Impends said:

We would go with his claimed age. Shivakumara Swami definitely wasn't as old as claimed either, but he was still treated as 111 by the DDP system as there was no hard evidence to the contrary.

Aye, that makes sense, cheers

The Laird of Balgonie has died (RIP). If anyone sees a nice qualifying obit before me, please let us know. More an eventual broadsheet name than a Daily mail breaking news one.

• Like 1

Anne Brokenbrow, Welsh centenarian who was arrested by police at the age of 104 because it was on her buckett-List, has died back in March:

http://oldestinbritain.nfshost.com/deaths.php

Anne Brokenbrow F 28 Sep 1914 19 Mar 2022 107 172 Bristol, ENG

One for the LoM: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2020/celebs_B.html#brokena020

10 minutes ago, WEP said:

Anne Brokenbrow, Welsh centenarian who was arrested by police at the age of 104 because it was on her buckett-List, has died back in March:

http://oldestinbritain.nfshost.com/deaths.php

Anne Brokenbrow F 28 Sep 1914 19 Mar 2022 107 172 Bristol, ENG

One for the LoL: https://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2020/celebs_B.html#brokena020

Doesn't pass current fame criteria, mind, and so won't be added to the LotM page.

• Thanks 2

On 03/07/2022 at 13:24, Book said:

As already mentioned by maryportfuncity in the authors thread, Susie Steiner's date of birth seems to be 29.06.1971 - I read that somewhere, too.

Speaking of which, here are the dates of birth of Jana Bennett (06.11.1955) and Diane Berberian (14.01.1958) as a supplement for the biographies.

No idea where to put this so Diane Berberian has apparently died: 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 01/09/2022 at 21:57, YoungWillz said:

No idea where to put this so Diane Berberian has apparently died: 

Not a single "real" obit, it seems.

6 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Not a single "real" obit, it seems.

Berberian was not only a risky pick, the fact that she was not internationally never mind nationally known, tied in with niche sport probably guarantees her oblivion and no points.

Richard Osman would be proud of her being a pointless answer.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Berberian was not only a risky pick, the fact that she was not internationally never mind nationally known, tied in with niche sport probably guarantees her oblivion and no points.

Richard Osman would be proud of her being a pointless answer.

Yes, imagine picking such an obscure figure. Now, eyes out for that Laird of Balgonie obit. :D

• Haha 1

On 21/08/2022 at 13:38, YoungWillz said:

I may have made it into the top 10 of the Theme Team League....:o

Stanley Baxter's been bed blocking for years...sort it out Liz Truss! 

Wrong fucking Queen, Truss!!!

She can't get anything right.....

• Haha 2

I do hope that all of you who have really obscure picks are prepared for the fact that in the month following the death of the Queen and eighty year old Latvian Folk Dancer (or whatever your really obscure pick is) will not be getting anything like a QO in the British Media

• Like 2