Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I do hope that all of you who have really obscure picks are prepared for the fact that in the month following the death of the Queen and eighty year old Latvian Folk Dancer (or whatever your really obscure pick is) will not be getting anything like a QO in the British Media

You mean we're not going to get a LOCALS MOURN LAIRD, AND ALSO QUEEN headline? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Is there a memorable photo of the Queen with Ronnie Hellström?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Is there a memorable photo of the Queen with Ronnie Hellström?

Believe her dying words were about how much she admired Diane Berberian

• Like 2

Queen Elizabeth is a hit here

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

As mentioned in the "Hollywood Possibilities" thread, Henry Silva has died at 95.  QO courtesy of the Daily Mail:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11221843/Oceans-Eleven-actor-Henry-Silva-dies-age-95.html

Edit:  Re-reading @gcreptile in the above thread gives a Metro QO; my mistake, didn't realize it is a QO source - it isn't listed on the DDP website on the DDP Rules page

Edited by Evil Grimace
QO sourcing correction
  • Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 01:59, Death Impends said:

Maarten Schmidt.

Maarten Schmidt, discoverer of Quasars, dead at 92:

https://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/maarten-schmidt-im-alter-von-92-jahren-verstorben-a-85f04863-d1a2-43b7-8e68-60b13ad8c7a6

Edit: Oh, I finally beat TomTomTelekom to a big academic obit...

• Like 4

The Daily Mail and Mail One reports teams are to merge. Will these reduce the amount of Q/O of non British obscure names they report. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

I think the DDP still looks on track to surpass  last years total. 

We need another enema.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Squeaky-bum time? Anyone know where I can send George Alagiah some chicken soup?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we assume that Julia Reichert / Nigel Starmer-Smith cancel each other out, so to say... then yes, just as you predicted, George Alagiah might be the crucial pick. You both have Phelan and Frank Field. Though you do have Don West, too.

• Like 3

So considering my 5th place ranking in the DDP, here is the current breakdown of my survivors. Not that I think I have any chance of taking the title!

George Alagiah - would be nice for him to score this year, although he’s still presenting the news, albeit quieter on the socials. 

Rob Burrow - someone that I thought would topple this year. Seems stable and will probably make it to 2023. 

Bobby Caldwell - family still asking for prayers as of August. Don’t think this is his year. 

Frank Field - stresses me out that this bloke is still alive when everyone assumed he’d be an early year hit. Besides one comment about him receiving hospice at some point, how ill is he? And is he worth keeping for 2023?

Alan Melinek - piano playing tiktoker with pancreatic cancer. Unique pick, would be a nice 10 pointer if he does go. 

Larry Pressler - another pancan pick. Not impossible that he’ll die this year but he does, wouldn’t reward me with a lot of points either way. 

Vicky Phelan - dare I say she’s a lock for this year? Not heard a peep from her since August. Was serving Gary Burgess bloat energy in her most recent pictures. 

Tammy Slaton - Very fat reality ‘star’ who probably has her own gravitational pull. Last health news I heard was that she had a trachea infection and still in a medical facility. Still looks like shit on her TikTok and still active. 

And then there’s Dan Lacey, who I thought would get a low bar QO due to his odd paintings of A-listers. How wrong that was. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Perhaps said:

Frank Field - stresses me out that this bloke is still alive when everyone assumed he’d be an early year hit. Besides one comment about him receiving hospice at some point, how ill is he? And is he worth keeping for 2023?

Well, here's my two thoughts.

Field has incurable, aggressive Stage IV cancer. Type, I don't know. His colleagues have referred to him as dying. Beyond that, Field was a workaholic. The sort of who did the work of ten for the hell of it. Since Summer 2021, his career in parliament just ended, all speeches, votes, articles and appearances ceased. As a hard working contrarian sod, the only way he'd not continue working when ill is if he was unable to. 

• Like 5

On 09/10/2022 at 11:07, Spade_Cooley said:

Squeaky-bum time?

If there was a D40 hit to occur, a quick glance shows that Angela Lansbury was probably the best option.  Not until =50th place is she picked by the team 'Tiny and Ellie's Pick of the Drops' on 75 points.  So no threat...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Never picked in the DDP.

I considered her for a few nanoseconds but couldn't find any health information or sense of her circumstances at all online,which for someone so relatively young I would need for it to make sense to pick her. So I plumped for Rosie Gaines instead who had considerable health information on her that made her worth considering as a choice. 

• Like 1

Liz Truss q/o, or summat

311776671_10158377060330981_897310317598

• Like 1
  • Haha 5