Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2022

Fantastic write up and let's just have a moment to thank everyone who works on the DDP - in January especially it effectively becomes a second job, and to go through that second job without telling people to fuck off on this forum is a Herculean effort.

And yeah, I can't be disappointed with that as a year. The DDP is the industry standard when it comes to deadpooling, and that's down to two things: the aforementioned committee and the players themselves. Standards go up year on year around here - long gone are the days when that nutjob who used to camp outside parliament would be a unique hit. A mid-table DDPer sent back 10 years could easily be a podium placer such is the quality of research, celebrity knowledge and game theory that can be found on this forum. 

I'm a competitive fuck so La Sexta is always going to be the aim, but I go into tournaments now thinking "well, there's 50 potential winners out there, top 30 would be a respectable finish" rather than "there are 5 potential winners out there, I really hope I podium". Funny how the only time of the year we can really talk strategy on here is January, as the longer the season goes on the more people want to keep their cards close to their chests for the following campaign. Still think the value of a guaranteed 90-99 hit is underrated by the average player, and am more and more onboard with defensive play these days.

Anyway, let's play us out with a second song:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

And that's a wrap on 2022. Congrats to Spade on achieving the Drive For Five!

Spade, it's insane what you are doing here. Congratulations and respect! :hatsoff:

And also respect and many thanks to the people who make the DDP the DDP (in the past, the present and the future!)! It's more than a great job! :clap:

• Like 1

Also yes, @Death Impends that is a genuinely great Year in Review write up. Well done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awesome dead pooling Spade, this pool and your skills collide impressively.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, msc said:

Also yes, @Death Impends that is a genuinely great Year in Review write up. Well done. 

Ta. It was good fun to write, and it being a year where the basic foundation wrote itself (Queen the obvious headliner, Spade's comeback a great deadpooling narrative, Ronnie playing out any DI-written year in review) certainly helped!

• Like 2

Congrats SP and thanks DI.

Pleased to make 5= on my second go at the theme team league.

Congratulations  on your achievement  @Spade_Cooley much deserved 

A gold standard  hugely  impressive summary of the year @Death Impends

A very enjoyable and well put together read and I am not just saying that because it acknowledged  that the record breaking was all really down to me and my enema raindance!! 

Just kidding-ta for the mention and roll on 2023 which going by the lists posted on this thread so far I believe will match the 280 record of 2022.

• Thanks 1

Congratulations! Quite impressive Spade! I'm satisfied with my results, top 10 with my main team and tied for the first place in the theme teams league. Thanks to Death Impends for the amazing job running the competition. Your efforts are greatly appreciated!

Congrats Spade and everyone involved in this pool!

Now here comes the blowing my own trumpet segment. This was my second year in the DDP and I was quite impressed with myself for holding onto third place for so long up until the last week. I highly doubt my team for 2023 will be as successful but you never know.

Was nice to be up there with the greats of deadpooling. 

Meanwhile I'm just in for the shits and giggles.  The game has changed a lot since I finished at the heady heights of third place back in 2010.

I had 8 hits and 64 points.

This time my two teams finished joint 84th and joint 91st, with 75 and 74 points respectively.  :huh:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Meanwhile I'm just in for the shits and giggles.  The game has changed a lot since I finished at the heady heights of third place back in 2010.

I had 8 hits and 64 points.

This time my two teams finished joint 84th and joint 91st, with 75 and 74 points respectively.  :huh:

Did just twig right now that you had your 100th lifetime DDP hit with Pele.

Actually so has @msc!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done to the top 3. Reasonably happy with my respectable mid table position of T210 out of 457 for my first go 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratz again to Spade. My first ever podium in this game. Next challenge will be the Championship. But maybe not this year. 

• Like 2

Congrats Spade