Tom Baker

Tim Curry

Willie Nelson

Angela Lansbury

Bob Newhart

Nawaf Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah - Kuwaiti Emir

Richard Sherman

Rupert Murdoch

Sir Geoffrey Howlett Death Notice: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/256810/howlett

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MariNisia said:

@An Fear Beag... seeing as @Wormfarmer is still missing, I inform you gladly that Guy Lafleur is a new hit of his list:

https://news-sports.co.uk/sport-today/canadiens-legend-guy-lafleur-dead-at-70.html

Thanks MariNisia. When @Wormfarmer does decide to raise his/her head, they might also like to mention that Art Rupe was also a hit for them (and DI).

Sonny Caldinez was also a hit in this pool earlier this month.  To be fair to @YorkshireBanker , he/she is probably still getting over the shock at having hit before December, so they are excused for their lack of notification

• Like 1

Also Mwai Kibaki is dead, picked by JohnKey here.

• Thanks 1

Yes, yes.  I had noticed that Rupe and LaFleur were recent hits for me as I am following along at home.  Did not think to look and see if they were solo hits as so many of us on here do such a good job of reporting I am usually last in line anyway.  Thank to those who are patrolling my list for me!

On 23/04/2022 at 08:11, An Fear Beag said:

Thanks YoungWillz. Even by the lax standards of this pool, that won't qualify as a QO, but undoubtedly something will come in the next day or so. 

Here is a proper one from The Times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since it is now May, it is probably time for an update to brighten up your day. Lots of picks croaked it in the few days immediately after the last update, but it has slowed to a trickle since then. 

These are the deaths I have recorded since the last update:

5th April- Art Rupe

5th April - Nehemiah Persoff

6th April - Jill Knight

6th April - Tom Smith

8th April - Pastelle LeBLanc

12th April - Sonny Caldinez

13th April - Michel Bouquet

18th April - Chris Rimmer

19th April - Kane Tanaka

19th April - Mosharraff Hossain

21st April - Geoffrey Howlett

21st April - Mwai Kibaki

That's all I've got- none since 21st April - if anyone has spotted any missed hits, please let me know (but be prepared for the inevitable tirade that you should have done it BEFORE I went to the trouble of this update).

Two big name hits among that list, with Kane Tanaka and Tom Smith shaking up the leaderboard. Smith was the most popular hit so far this year with 11 players cashing in, but still a far cry from last year when he was on 22 teams. He was only Jokered on one team, but those double points have jumped @drol up into the lead. 6 teams had a Smith/Kanaka double, most notably @theoldlady who has ascended into second place, and @BuffaloPhil who jokered Tanaka to enter the top 5.

The big faller this month was @Salmon Mousse who has dropped like a stone from 1st to 12th.

5 teams have entered the race this month, with @Great Uncle Bulgaria, @msc, @Thatcher, @WhoamI and @YorkshireBanker all registering their first hits. In addition, @TQR and @WEP got their first scoring hit to go along with their Gary Burgess nul points.

That leaves only 4 players @DeathByArsenic, @Dying Probably, @etib80 and @LizLemon still awaiting their first hit as we enter the middle third of the year.

Now that is done, I'll put my feet up and wait for the inevitable 5 hits in the next 2 days :angry:

Top 10 is as follows, full leaderboard is on page 1.

Drol (403 points) 6 hits

[Christos Sartzetakis, Gary Burgess, Thick Nhat Hanh, Tom Parker, Tom Smith* Vic Elford]

The Old Lady (372 points) 6 hits

[Gary Burgess, Jana Bennett, Kane Tanaka, Tom Parker, Tom Smith, Vic Elford]

John Key (365 points) 6 hits

[Christos Sartzetakis, Estelle Harris, Gary Burgess, Lata Mangeshkar, Mwai Kibaki, Tom Smith]

Gcreptile (364 points) 5 hits

[Jonathon Atherton, Kane Tanaka, Pastelle Le Blanc, Pau Riba, Silas Alexander]

Buffalo Phil (352 points) 4 hits

[Kane Tanaka*,  Monica Vitti, Robert Durst, Tom Smith]

Death Impends (336 points) 4 hits

[Art Rupe, Carleton Carpenter, Kane Tanaka, Nehemiah Persoff]

Kenny (328 points) 5 hits

[Chris Rimmer, Gary Burgess, Russell Bishop*, Tom Parker, Tom Smith]

ZZZ - Boring Predictable Team (291 points) 4 hits

[Gary Burgess, Kane Tanaka, Tom Parker, Tom Smith]

Wormfarmer (290 points) 6 hits

[Art Rupe, Everett Lee, Francis Jackson, Gail Halvorsen, Gary Burgess, Guy Lafleur]

BabyBlue (281 points) 5 hits

[Dagny Carlsson, Jana Bennett, Kane Tanaka, Monica Vitti, Monique Hanotte]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Qin Yi, picked by JoeyMoneypenny has died.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Time for a month update, I reckon. Hardly seems worth the effort though, given that the Reaper seems to have gone on the piss for most of the month.

These are the deaths I have noted since the last update on May 2nd. I will hold off on updating the leaderboard until tomorrow, to give anyone an opportunity of pointing out any that I have missed.

3rd May: Norman Mineta

6th May: George Perez

9th May: Qin Yi

14th MayDavid West

29th May: Lester Piggott

30th May: Boris Pahor

That's it. 6 deaths in a month! I know I've said that this game really only gets interesting in September, but come on guys- give me something to work with!

• Like 3

Trintignant is a hit here for multiple teams

• Like 1

I jokered Larry Storch entirely because of Looney Tunes personnel who make 99 rarely seeing the third digit - Foray et al. Sometimes superstition overrides cold logic!

• Like 1

I dropped Larry Storch off this year for Linda Ronstadt. Smart move right?? So far 1 hit for the year, oh dear me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

Joan Lingard a hit for me here 

Thanks Biblio. I haven't forgotten about this pool - just been flat out busy with work and family.

I'm sifting through the masterlist to see if I've missed any hits, and hope to have an updated leaderboard this weekend.

• Thanks 2

After May's snoozefest lulled me off to sleep, and June followed suit, a flurry of hits in the first half of July has awoken me from my slumber and it's finally time for an update. 

One small bit of housekeeping to be done before we get to June/July hits. A trawl to the names revealed that illustrator Joe Krush died on March 8th, and was a unique hit for Death Impends.

Since the last update, the following picks have snuffed it:

8th June: Paula Rego

9th June: Billy Bingham

17th June: Jean-Louis Trintingant

22nd June: Jonny Nilsson

23rd June: Paula Stafford

28th June: Asao Sano

28th June: Deborah James

2nd July Frank Williams,

2nd July: Susie Steiner

6th July: James Caan

7th July Pedro Ferrandiz

8th July: Larry Storch

8th July: Luis Echeverria

8th July: Paul Dear

11th July: Monty Norman

12th July: Joan Lingard

I'm fairly sure that is it, but if any deaths belatedly come to peoples attention, please let me know.

Two well picked names among the list, with Jean-Louis Trintingant being the 4th most popular pick this year with 13, and Susie Steiner sneaking onto the team of popular picks with 8 players selecting her.

The long gap between updates has meant that there have been a couple of changes to the leadership since June 1st. @wannamaker is denied the cheap thrill of seeing their name on the top of the leaderboard, as they led the update that I prepared at the start of July but didn't get around to posting. They have since been overtaken by 5 team, showing that this game can change quickly once we enter the second half of the year.

There is now an all-too-familiar name sitting at the top, with @Death Impends adding Monty Norman and a jokered Larry Storch to the Krush hit, becoming the first player to cross the 1000 point threshold. @GuyFromFuture has used his seemingly in-built advantage to notch 4 hits since the last update and has surged from nowhere to take second place. 

@Wormfarmer continues to steadily accumulate hits to finish the podium positions, while @Salmon Moussehas a pool-best 10 hits, but still sits outside the top 10.

@LizLemon scored with George Perez earlier in May and @DeathByArsenicwas on the Trintingant bandwagon to get their first hit of the year, which means that only two players have failed to trouble the scorers - take a bow @Dying Probably and @etib80

That top-10 is as follows, the full scoreboard is on page 1.

Death Impends (1094 points) 8 hits

[Art Rupe, Carleton Carpenter, George Perez, Joe Krush, Kane Tanaka, Larry Storch*, Monty Normal, Nehemiah Persoff]

Guy From Future (936 points) 6 hits

[James Caan, Jean-Louis Trintignant, June Brown, Norman Mineta, Pedro Ferrandiz, Susie Steiner]

Wormfarmer (809 points) 9 hits

[Art Rupe, Boris Pahor, Everett Lee, Francis Jackson, Gail Halvorsen, Gary Burgess, Guy Lafleur, Luis Echeverria, Susie Steiner]

ZZZ - Boring Predictable Team (765 points) 7 hits

[Gary Burgess, George Perez, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Kane Tanaka, Susie Steiner, Tom Parker, Tom Smith]

Drol (710 points) 8 hits

[Christos Sartzetakis, Gary Burgess, George Perez, Susie Steiner, Thick Nhat Hanh, Tom Parker, Tom Smith* Vic Elford]

Wannamaker (692 points) 6 hits

[George Perez*, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Russell Bishop, Tom Parker, Tom Smith, Vic Elford]

Gcreptile (685 points) 7 hits

[David West, Jonathon Atherton, Kane Tanaka, Pastelle Le Blanc, Pau Riba, Paul Dear, Silas Alexander]

Joey Russ (640 points) 6 hits

[George Perez*, Jana Bennett, Jean-Louis Trintignant Kane Tanaka, Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia, Tom Parker]

The Unknown Man (625 points) 4 hits

[Jean-Louis Trintignant, Larry Storch, Susie Steiner, Tom Parker]

Captain Chorizo (591 points) 7 hits

[Christos Sartzetakis, Jana Bennett, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Leonor Oyarzun, Luis Echeverria, Michel Bouquet, Vic Elford]

• Like 6

I am usually loathe to update the scoreboard on account of a single death at this time of the year, lest I be accused of running this pool properly. However, as James Lovelock's demise has seen a shake-up of the top 5, I will make an exception in this case.

26th July - James Lovelock.

Death Impends retains the lead, but the chasing pack bunches up behind. Wormfarmer becomes the second player to scale to 1000 peak. 

Death Impends (1094 points) 8 hits

[Art Rupe, Carleton Carpenter, George Perez, Joe Krush, Kane Tanaka, Larry Storch*, Monty Normal, Nehemiah Persoff]

Wormfarmer (1015 points) 10 hits

[Art Rupe, Boris Pahor, Everett Lee, Francis Jackson, Gail Halvorsen, Gary Burgess, Guy Lafleur, James Lovelock, Luis Echeverria, Susie Steiner]

Guy From Future (936 points) 6 hits

[James Caan, Jean-Louis Trintignant, June Brown, Norman Mineta, Pedro Ferrandiz, Susie Steiner]

Wannamaker (898 points) 7 hits

[George Perez*, James Lovelock, Jean-Louis Trintignant, Russell Bishop, Tom Parker, Tom Smith, Vic Elford]

Joey Russ (846 points) 7 hits

[George Perez*, James Lovelock, Jana Bennett, Jean-Louis Trintignant Kane Tanaka, Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia, Tom Parker]

The full updated scoreboard is on Page 1. As always, feel free to point out any deaths which I may have missed. 

• Like 2