chilean way

Centenarians Deadpool 2022

Whilst this won’t impact the top of the leaderboard, it seems the list of @Predictor is missing from the scoresheet. Astrid Soderbaum died on 28 Nov, aged 103:

https://www.salaallehanda.com/2022-12-01/sista-dikten-last-for-astrid-soderbaum--blev-103-ar

Also Lise Drougge & Everett Lee are hits, putting them at a score of 3 if I am correct. 

Quick question, is there any reason why this pool is only 15 picks, when many pools allow 20? Looking forward to next years game going up 

4 hours ago, Pop_Zeus said:

Whilst this won’t impact the top of the leaderboard, it seems the list of @Predictor is missing from the scoresheet. Astrid Soderbaum died on 28 Nov, aged 103:

https://www.salaallehanda.com/2022-12-01/sista-dikten-last-for-astrid-soderbaum--blev-103-ar

Also Lise Drougge & Everett Lee are hits, putting them at a score of 3 if I am correct. 

Quick question, is there any reason why this pool is only 15 picks, when many pools allow 20? Looking forward to next years game going up 

Actually Predictor asked for that, to be out of this and other pools, he/she would have 4 hits...

When I started in 2020 I was suggested to have 15 instead of 20, until now nobody has completed the 15 hits in a year, so I don't see the need to change it...

• Like 2

On 23/12/2022 at 10:41, chilean way said:

Actually Predictor asked for that, to be out of this and other pools, he/she would have 4 hits...

When I started in 2020 I was suggested to have 15 instead of 20, until now nobody has completed the 15 hits in a year, so I don't see the need to change it...

No problem, looking forward to new game going up. Just a few days left for someone to make a move up the leaderboard 

• Like 1

Sorry, wrong thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not long to go now. Can anyone join @drol and @Great Uncle Bulgaria at the top? 

I just mentioned this in another thread, but I’ve noticed this year how many people have died aged exactly 100, almost like the age is some kind of target; then their body just gives up. 

Someone could use their entire 15 picks on 100 year olds (and those turning 100 soon) and have as good a chance of winning of those going for the higher ages. 

Anyone can join the more the merrier and they are a nice happy bunch on this thread 

• Like 3

Finally the year is over and this game too...

After so many emotions with a big start by @gcreptile who sadly keeps with 10 hits, we got a different winner as what expected!!!

Altough was a tie between @drol  and @Great Uncle Bulgaria I had to apply rule 7 (more unique picks), what made it as the winner to @Great Uncle Bulgaria, even without give a hit for controversial pick Asta Hasse...

CONGRATULATIONS SO MUCH!!!  

And CONGRATS all who participated in this game, BEST WISHES FOR ALL AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2023!!!

• Like 8
  • Shocked 1

Congratulations to the winner & runners up. Anyone getting double figures has done really well here. Enjoyed my first game of this, see you all in the new game & thanks to our host 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Great Uncle Bulgaria!

Interesting strategy ;).

Yeah, I never did as well in any deadpool as these first few days of 2022 when half my team died. But the "statistically sound" age-based picks just didn't work. Lucile Randon is now 3 years older than anyone else. James C Floyd is still alive. Oh well, would have loved to win it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, chilean way said:

Altough was a tie between @drol  and @Great Uncle Bulgaria I had to apply rule 7 (more unique picks), what made it as the winner to @Great Uncle Bulgaria, even without give a hit for controversial pick Asta Hasse...

CONGRATULATIONS SO MUCH!!!  

Thanks and thanks for running this Chilean Way.

This is a most unexpected and doubtless never-to-be-repeated triumph, mid-4th quartile is my usual level.

• Like 2

Congratulations @Great Uncle Bulgaria on your win.

It's a great victory... @drol is a brilliant player.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Swedish politician Ella Tengbom-Velander (wiki) died at the end of December 2022, aged 101.

She was picked in this pool, but it wasn't picked up in time.

Obit.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Swedish politician Ella Tengbom-Velander (wiki) died at the end of December 2022, aged 101.

She was picked in this pool, but it wasn't picked up in time.

Obit.

Only a hit for ‘Predictor’ who asked to be removed from the game as per posts further up this page 

• Like 1