Death Impends

Hartlepool Deadlypool 2022

19 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

I hadn't noticed your response till now, very sorry as it was so hectic yesterday!

Unfortunately @John Key given Burgess died since this post it's a bit tricky... I think the fairest thing to do, since you didn't specify which spot to put him on, is to give you sub points for him and then have you put someone else on the main team? Note that as you can get points for subs if you want to promote Mangeskhar you can institute a new second sub.

I understand - in any other situation that would have been some luck! 

The next person I would include as a sub would be Khaleda Zia :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Key said:

I understand - in any other situation that would have been some luck! 

The next person I would include as a sub would be Khaleda Zia :) 

Alright so I take it you want to put Mangeskhar on main team? If so, at what spot?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Alright so I take it you want to put Mangeskhar on main team? If so, at what spot?

Could I put her as candidate 10 and push anyone else that would impact up? 

• Thanks 1

Might be a mistake here - Gary Burgess - An Fear Beag, Annami, Banana, Book, CaptainChorizo, drol, gcreptile, Great Uncle Bulgaria, John Key SUB, Kenny, maryportfuncity, Pedro67, Perhaps, msc, Salmon Mousse, theoldlady

THIS is the team I posted earlier on the thread, so the dead guy isn't a sub for me

HPDP

Russel Bishop

Bob Barker

Gary Burgess

Vicky Phelan

Frank Field

Susie Steiner

Dame Clare Marx

Pele

Kane Tanaka

Rob Burrow

Jean-Louis Trintignant

Joyce Reynolds

If someone has a pick as a sub, I include SUB next to their name on the master list. It's next to John Key's name as he did have Burgess as a sub. There's no SUB next to your name on Burgess so you're good.

I have updated the teams masterlists to reflect DNS changes for Reid/Turner/White. The picks masterlist is not fully updated just yet. But that, and filling in the remaining data for brand new picks, and awarding Burgess points, can wait until tomorrow.

BTW - Billy Turner's death has gotten Washington Post coverage, so those who had him will be getting those 0.81 consolation points.

2 hours ago, Death Impends said:

If someone has a pick as a sub, I include SUB next to their name on the master list. It's next to John Key's name as he did have Burgess as a sub. There's no SUB next to your name on Burgess so you're good.

Sorry, my bad.

• Like 1

Alright gang

Have to leave for work in a bit but only 5 new picks still need their DOBs/bonuses entered in my Excel file. When I'm back home I will take care of those five, make whatever remaining updates to the masterlist posts I need to, and award the points for Burgess and Bogdanoff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

All 174 newcomers to the HPDP system now have their profiles filled out. Masterlists up to date. Ready to roll.

As mentioned before, following the awarding of Harry Reid consolation points to theoldlady, Betty White and Billy Turner also jumped the gun. Those who got the bonus points were 0.99 for Hell, John Key, markb4, and The Old Crem and 0.81 for An Fear Beag, Banana, Book, and gcreptile. Four pickers for each name from two very different spheres of deadpooler!

Two proper hits thus far. Firstly ITV journo Gary Burgess on Jan 1. Unsurprisingly given the 500 or so "please make 2022 please make 2022" posts in recent weeks, most of the 16 who chose him placed him very high indeed.

drol, gcreptile, Pedro67, and theoldlady 50 points.

Annami, An Fear Beag, Banana, Book, CaptainChorizo, Great Uncle Bulgaria, Salmon Mousse 45.

maryportfuncity, msc, and Perhaps 40.

Kenny 35.

And John Key 25 sub points.

And Book is proving to be on fire in these opening days as two days later, alien-looking French TV host and fraudster Igor Bogdanoff died of COVID. 45 base points coupled with the 18 bonus points for uniqueness ends with a total of 63. Plus, as his death was COVID, the 0.19 bonus coupled with the 0.81 for Billy Turner's death means Book has precisely 1 bonus point now!

Now then, all of my deadpooling eyes are on helping get the DDP up and running until further notice, so this scoreboard will have to satisfy your Hartlepool needs until mid Jan or so...

Book

theoldlady

gcreptile

=4.

drol

=4.

Pedro67

=6.

An Fear Beag

=6.

Banana

=8.

Annami

=8.

CaptainChorizo

=8.

Great Uncle Bulgaria

=8.

Salmon Mousse

=12.

maryportfuncity

=12.

msc

=12.

Perhaps

Kenny

John Key

=17.

Hell

=17.

markb4

=17.

The Old Crem

=20.

Everyone else

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Robert Durst is a hit for a few of us.

That’s my 1 and 3 dead if Charles E mcgee’s Wiki is right. 

On 16/01/2022 at 19:29, Pedro67 said:

That’s my 1 and 3 dead if Charles E mcgee’s Wiki is right. 

Points already awarded on Deathrace and  q/o's seen to check 'em

• Thanks 1

Israel Dresner was a hit for Banana and me.

• Like 1

I will update this weekend. Sidney Poitier, Jana Bennett and Francis Jackson hits too, in addition to those mentioned above, is there anyone else?

5 minutes ago, Kenny said:

Russell Bishop is my second hit - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-60084377.

And a busy day of maths - nine teams had him, I'm not alone in having him as #1 on the list

Russell Bishop - Banana, Book, CaptainChorizo, gcreptile, Kenny, maryportfuncity, msc, Salmon Mousse, Toast

Catchup coming today. Getting started right now. Sidney Poitier, Robert Durst, Francis Jackson, Jana Bennett, Israel Dresner, Charles McGee, Saturnino de la Fuente, Russell Bishop. I think that's everyone? Plus Leonor Oyarzun is also a pick, but I can't see any QOs yet. Which may remain tricky given the Spanish-languages QOs are based in Spain, rather than South America.

Alrighty.

The great Sidney Poitier was not terribly popular here but still on two teams. 28 (20 + unique) for MariNisia, and 25 sub points for Toast.

Robert Durst I choose to award crimes against humanity for, even if more typical murderers are less clear cut than dictators or some mumbly "diplomat" fella from the Nixon days. One murder he has been legally convicted for, two others, he painfully obviously was behind, and likely others we don't know about. So good enough for me. And so a Durst burst comes for five teams: 80 (50 base + 30 bonus) for markb4, 64 (40 + 24) for Book and Torva Messor, 32 (20 + 12) for Salmon Mousse, and 25 sub points for drol.

After including Francis Jackson in his pole position for years, DevonDeathTrip finally reaps his reward with 50 base points and 20 bonus, for 70 in all. Too bad churches use organists rather than drummers!

BBC's Jana Bennett was a hit for two teams. 30 points for both MariNisia and msc.

Civil rights rabbi Israel Dresner another duet. gcreptile follows up his Burgess hit with a second 50-pointer, whereas Banana placed him further downteam and only obtains 15.

The Tuskegee Airman may feel neverending as it feels like "totally, the last Tuskegee Airman died this year, honest" happens annually if not monthly. But no, their numbers are quite low now, and Charles McGee brings the total down even further. Pedro67 is the big winner here, with 45 base points and 18 bonus for uniqueness seeing him soar with a total of 63.

Annami had oldest man Saturnino de la Fuente Garcia as a unique. 35 base points and 14 bonus points make an end result of 49.

Finally, another proper bastard has died with Babes in the Woods murderer Russell Bishop. If I awarded crimes against humanity to Durst there's no question I'll do the same for a paedo and child killer - tbh I can't help but feel furious about the case and heartbroken for the poor girls when working on his DDP obit. But at least he's dead, so there's a bit of sunshine there.

Book, CaptainChorizo, gcreptile, and maryportfuncity get 45 + 27 = 72.

Banana, Kenny, and Salmon Mousse 40 + 24 = 64.

msc 30 + 18 = 48.

Toast 10 + 6 = 16.

To paraphrase HPDP pick Frankie Valli, oh what a January! Our next scoreboard is onward, with a very impressive showing by Book in a mere three weeks. Time (not our time) will tell if this impressive momentum keeps up. Indeed, gcreptile may be a somewhat distant second right now but has some strong differentials of his own that should make for a cracking competition.

Book

gcreptile

Salmon Mousse

Banana

msc

CaptainChorizo

Pedro67

maryportfuncity

Kenny

Annami

markb4

drol

DevonDeathTrip

Torva Messor

MariNisia

theoldlady

An Fear Beag

Great Uncle Bulgaria

Toast

Perhaps

John Key

=22.

Hell

=22.

The Old Crem

=24.

Everyone else

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Competition going by the Book so far!

I'm crap at this.  I should have had Bishop higher up, but I've been burned too often before by old lags exaggerating their illnesses.

At least I'm off to some sort of start this time.

Oh oh oh, like Hildegard Knef has sung a few years ago: From here on it gets rough!

Maybe it's like Funeralopolis last year, who had a great start and you thought the field might catch them eventually, but they never did!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Maybe it's like Funeralopolis last year, who had a great start and you thought the field might catch them eventually, but they never did!

That sounds like a plan :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1