Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

On 14/01/2022 at 01:47, Ulitzer95 said:

GRO Index is FINALLY updated to the end of 2020.

If anyone has any England/Wales names they'd like to run through it, here's the link, or ask me if you can't get access.

EDIT: Hmmm very weird. They've added all the deaths from Oct, Nov, Dec 2020, but not for the first 9 months of the year... why? :huh: Hopefully the rest will appear in the next few days!

Update: quarters 1, 2 and 3 of 2020 are now up in the GRO Index. 

Finally!

Another sad day for Turkish cinematography, actor Ayberk Pekcan (Wiki) known for playing Artuk Bey in historical-biographic series Diriliş Ertuğrul died at 51 from cancer. I can't believe, nothing in media that he was ill. RIP (1970 - 2022)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.memesrandom.com/ayberk-pekcan/&ved=2ahUKEwj16q7N6cr1AhU9h_0HHTtPBI8QFnoECFQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1JZzhLAomJdk07l3ZBOken

3 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Another sad day for Turkish cinematography, actor Ayberk Pekcan (Wiki) known for playing Artuk Bey in historical-biographic series Diriliş Ertuğrul died at 51 from cancer. I can't believe, nothing in media that he was ill. RIP (1970 - 2022)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://en.memesrandom.com/ayberk-pekcan/&ved=2ahUKEwj16q7N6cr1AhU9h_0HHTtPBI8QFnoECFQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1JZzhLAomJdk07l3ZBOken

Probably because nobody outside of Turkey and, so I see, Pakistan, has ever heard of him.

Mind you, we have all heard of his nuts.

• Haha 9
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Gisooo said:

I can 100% confirm to you that there was indeed news of them having stage 4 lung cancer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Banana said:

I can 100% confirm to you that there was indeed news of them having stage 4 lung cancer.

I believe you, Turkish people consume a lot of cigarettes and raki

On 14/01/2022 at 01:47, Ulitzer95 said:

GRO Index is FINALLY updated to the end of 2020.

If anyone has any England/Wales names they'd like to run through it, here's the link, or ask me if you can't get access.

EDIT: Hmmm very weird. They've added all the deaths from Oct, Nov, Dec 2020, but not for the first 9 months of the year... why? :huh: Hopefully the rest will appear in the next few days!

Looks like it's now live with all 2020 deaths!

• Like 1

Music exec Andy Ross of Food Records, who signed Blur to the label, has died aged 66.

9 hours ago, time said:

Music exec Andy Ross of Food Records, who signed Blur to the label, has died aged 66.

A major Britpop mover and shaker and, ahem, bon viveur. Ooh, I get to be Vinegar Tits/Occy here and say I shared his company a couple of times in Camden. No idea if he was a lovely bloke or not, barely remember the incidents.

But to me, of course, he'll always be the bloke who signed Diesel Park West. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 26/01/2022 at 09:57, harrymcnallysblueandwhitearmy said:

A major Britpop mover and shaker and, ahem, bon viveur. Ooh, I get to be Vinegar Tits/Occy here and say I shared his company a couple of times in Camden. No idea if he was a lovely bloke or not, barely remember the incidents.

But to me, of course, he'll always be the bloke who signed Diesel Park West. :rolleyes:

I'm not on a par with V Tits on famous people I've met. 

Might get my 3rd hit - Donald Anthony Grant, execution is tomorrow,
Unless there is a sudden halt.

A good convict is a dead one.

Times obit for Aussie socialite and conservationist John Rendall, who has died from COVID-19 aged 77.

One of two gents who famously bought a lion cub called Christian (wiki) from Harrods in 1969 (yes, you read that correctly!!) and then released it into the African wild. A year later, he went looking for it to see if the lion would remember him. It did, and this was the reaction:

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Times obit for Aussie socialite and conservationist John Rendall, who has died from COVID-19 aged 77.

One of two gents who famously bought a lion cub called Christian (wiki) from Harrods in 1969 (yes, you read that correctly!!) and then released it into the African wild. A year later, he went looking for it to see if the lion would remember him. It did, and this was the reaction:

His death made the headlines on ITV London regional news this evening. 

Harvey G. Stack, who spent his entire professional career with the family rare coin firm Stack’s and its successor, Stack’s Bowers Galleries, died Jan. 3.

Mr. Stack’s role in numismatics was not purely business. He fought for clearer import regulations on coins from overseas and testified before a congressional subcommittee leading up to the Hobby Protection Act of 1973. He worked with the American Numismatic Association and other professionals in the effort to develop a standardized grading system for coins. 

In 1996 he appeared before the U.S. House Banking Committee to propose the 50 State Quarters Program, which brought countless new collectors into the hobby. 

He served on the board of the Professional Numismatists Guild for nearly a decade and acted as its president for two years beginning in 1989. In 1993 he received the PNG’s Founder’s Award, their highest honor, for his dedication to the hobby.

—————-

I should hope this is the one and only obit from the numismatic publication Coin World that will ever grace Deathlist.
SC

• Like 1

Bill Fairbanks, whose restaurant popularized California-style burritos for decades of Carrboro diners, has died. 

Fairbanks, the founder of Carrburritos, died Sunday, the restaurant announced on its social media accounts Monday. The announcement said Fairbanks had lived for years with a terminal illness. He was 68.

SC

• Like 1

Phyllis Oakley, whose 25-year diplomatic career in the State Department almost didn’t happen because of an unwritten rule that forbade female foreign service officers from marrying, died on Jan. 22 at a hospital in Washington. She was 87.

SC

A woman who gave birth to eight babies - with all of them losing their lives within a matter of hours of being born - has died aged 56 from cancer.

‘Octomum’ Mandy Allwood made headlines around the world when she fell pregnant with eight children aged 31 in 1996. At 24 weeks, she gave birth to six boys and two girls over three days and nights - but tragically all of them died.

SC

• Facepalm 2

20 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

A woman who gave birth to eight babies - with all of them losing their lives within a matter of hours of being born - has died aged 56 from cancer.

‘Octomum’ Mandy Allwood made headlines around the world when she fell pregnant with eight children aged 31 in 1996. At 24 weeks, she gave birth to six boys and two girls over three days and nights - but tragically all of them died.

SC

:clivedunn:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

SC

Although it has already been posted in the fringes of fame thread, if you read the article she actually died last year, so should be in the Dead of 2021.

• Like 3