Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

9 hours ago, Toast said:

Never heard of him, but wasn't his mum on Pop Idol or something like that?  I liked her a lot.

She was also the killer Queen in London's we will rock you. She was fantastic

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Toast said:

Never heard of him, but wasn't his mum on Pop Idol or something like that?  I liked her a lot.

I saw her in the role of Killer Queen in We Will Rock You. She was very good

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

More likely suicide tbh, he'd done documentaries about "the mental health crisis in young British males" before.

Although having said that, I'm hearing (completely off the record) that he might have been a bit too into the old showbiz powder.

20 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Although having said that, I'm hearing (completely off the record) that he might have been a bit too into the old showbiz powder.

I mean, one doesn't exactly rule out the other. Could be an intentional drug overdose, the powder was already lying there.

14 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Love or hate the guy's output, you could argue few people have had a bigger influence on British popular culture over the past decade. Absolutely no age at all.

Well I've been out of the UK a long time but I read most of the UK papers online every day and I've never heard of him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Well I've been out of the UK a long time but I read most of the UK papers online every day and I've never heard of him.

It's a generation thing.

Never heard of him either.

11 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

It's a generation thing.

Never heard of him either.

You surprise me as from your previous posts I expect you to be the sort of person who spends their free time glued to a YouTube Grime channel

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Youth in Asia said:

Ah not front of camera, but a lot of the vision he had for pop culture is what is the dominant form of it in the UK now. London-based, aspirational working class, urban, advertiser-friendly, not too edgy but with some vague trappings of left-wing politics. Whenever you see AJ Tracey eating at a Black Lives Matter branded pop-up Nandos sponsored by Boxfresh and Checkatrade, it's from Jamal Edwards' vision.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

(Wiki) Chor Yuen dead at 87. Picked in multiple pools across this site, has had a major impact on Chinese film (writer/director/actor/etc.)

• Like 3

Very interesting. I'm acquainted with the work of AJ Tracey, and he who calls himself "Dave", and others like Stormzy, Giggsy, Wiley and Skepta..ey. Perhaps what this Jamal chap should have done is to get them to shout his name at the beginning of each song like Pitbull (Mr Worldwide) or include him in the lyrics like Dr Dre.

6 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

(Wiki) Chor Yuen dead at 87. Picked in multiple pools across this site, has had a major impact on Chinese film (writer/director/actor/etc.)

This seems like pretty good confirmation to me.

Says his wife called an ambulance, he was in hospital for 2 hours then passed. I think he had dementia since about 2014(?) though so not news he was on his last legs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul Farmer, leading figure in global health, died unexpectedly in his sleep 21/02/2022 

On 21/02/2022 at 11:31, Spade_Cooley said:

And the revelation that it was a heart attack does make me think this is the cause.

David Collie, a Texas shooting victim denied the ability to hold police responsible for shooting and paralyzing him by the legal doctrine of 'qualified immunity' and whose journey was documented in a 2021 Pulitzer Prize-winning series from Reuters, has died. He was 38.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/texas-police-shooting-victim-featured-reuters-qualified-immunity-series-dies-2022-02-25/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=Social

Alan Anderson (wiki) a scottish former professional footballer who played for Alloa Athletics, Falkirk, Millwall, Scunthorpe United and hearts dies at 82

• Like 2

Chuck Criss who is a musician and brother of Darren Criss has died. I'm in the fandom and Darren just posted on Instagram. (Just Jared)

He was in the band Freelance Whales and also was in band with his brother called Computer Games.

Documentary maker Roger Graef has died aged 85. Worked on many social justice issues and also produced the first Secret Policeman's Ball. He was also a founding board member of Channel 4.

• Like 1

Times death notice for Lee Everett Alkin (wiki), who died on 24 February, aged 85.

British spiritual healer, and former pop singer and celebrity psychic. Ex-wife of the late comedian and DJ Kenny Everett and one time girlfriend of the late pop singer Billy Fury.

A friend of Sir Elton John and Billie Jean King.

article-0-051ceeda000005dc-711.jpg.8b6995891f513d209be1adf7a05ecc42.jpg

Notice copy and pasted below in spoiler.

Spoiler

EVERETT-ALKIN Lee (née Middleton) on 24th February 2022, aged 85. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Lee Everett-Alkin after a long illness. She is survived by her husband John. She was a recording artist, author and renowned healer counsellor, founding the Obsidian College for mindfulness and counselling. Funeral service will be held at West Berkshire crematorium on Thursday 17th March at 2pm. Inquiries to A.B. Walker, 40 The Broadway, Thatcham, RG19 3HP. Tel: 01635 873672.

• Like 2

Lynda Baron has died at 82.

Most you older guys will probably best know her from Open All Hours but the millennials of DL, myself included, will recognise her from Come Outside.

p01lc1y3.thumb.jpg.a9cebfcaf1b4445ee18a8b7cad22915c.jpg

• Facepalm 3

2 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Lynda Baron has died at 82.

Most you older guys will probably best know her from Open All Hours but the millennials of DL, myself included, will recognise her from Come Outside.

p01lc1y3.thumb.jpg.a9cebfcaf1b4445ee18a8b7cad22915c.jpg

I’ve bad news about Peter Falk, who you may recognise from Columbo.  He dead.

On 20/04/2021 at 11:48, Ulitzer95 said:

*snip*

Two that spring to mind are Andrée Geulen-Herscovici (wiki), 100 in September and Anne Beaumanoir (wiki), 98 in October.

French Resistance member during WWII and Righteous Among the Nations Anne Beaumanoir dead at 98.

• Like 3