Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

17 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Lynda Baron has died at 82.

Most you older guys will probably best know her from Open All Hours but the millennials of DL, myself included, will recognise her from Come Outside.

p01lc1y3.thumb.jpg.a9cebfcaf1b4445ee18a8b7cad22915c.jpg

Clearly I'm not with the inside knowledge group that read every single topic in the forum, maybe someone said it already on the seemingly irrelevant death thread or whatever... Facepalm me all you want, it only shows you guys as bitter, old and intolerant of outsiders. And you guys wonder why this site barely gets anyone new contributing to it...

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 3

7 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Clearly I'm not with the inside knowledge group that read every single topic in the forum, maybe someone said it already on the seemingly irrelevant death thread or whatever... Facepalm me all you want, it only shows you guys as bitter, old and intolerant of outsiders. And you guys wonder why this site barely gets anyone new contributing to it...

In fact, I fall under the age group that would recognise Lynda Baron from Come Outside. I just thought your random, unprovoked jab at older members was completely weird and unnecessary. Much like your entire contribution to this forum.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Perhaps said:

In fact, I fall under the age group that would recognise Lynda Baron from Come Outside. I just thought your random jab at older members was completely weird and unnecessary. Much like your entire contribution to this forum.

A jab? To suggest that most older members haven't seen Come Outside? That falls under logic, which is something you dont often bring to this forum.

• Facepalm 2

7 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Just use the search facility?   

Then you could skedaddle over to Google and search for 'superiority complex', because I reckon you have quite a bad case of it :D

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Kenny McCormick said:

A jab? To suggest that most older members haven't seen Come Outside? That falls under logic, which is something you dont often bring to this forum.

A bit brave of you to bring logic into this. How many trolly right winged sock puppet accounts have you made again? I got bored counting after 5.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

Just use the search facility?   

Then you could skedaddle over to Google and search for 'superiority complex', because I reckon you have quite a bad case of it :D

Oh you mean the absolute joke of a search button at the header of this website? Yeah I'll pass...

Also your bitter and uninviting presence is showing, which is kinda proving my point.

2 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

A bit brave of you to bring logic into this. How many trolly right winged sock puppet accounts have you made again? I got bored counting after 5.

Got me confused with someone else mate.

• Facepalm 2

40 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I'm with Kenny here.  Once again I'll say that IMO all deaths should be posted in the "Dead of XXXX" thread as it should be a one-stop record of the year's fatalities.

No matter that they may also be posted in more specific threads.

30 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

I've already admitted to not having seen it.  I don't have children of an age who would have watched it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm with Kenny here.  Once again I'll say that IMO all deaths should be posted in the "Dead of XXXX" thread as it should be a one-stop record of the year's fatalities.

No matter that they may also be posted in more specific threads.

I've already admitted to not having seen it.  I don't have children of an age who would have watched it.

I'm 22 and I'm not familiar with come outside

32 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

I'm 22 and I'm not familiar with come outside

Come Outside was filmed in the mid 90s, although it's had reruns for a long time since then. Considered to be one of those classic BBC childrens TV shows.

The cutoff between millennial and Gen Z is unclear (the cutoff range being 1994-2000) so it was on when you were younger but you probably missed it (eg. I'm the same age as you and I never saw veggie tales or blues clues, even though most our age claim to have seen those shows growing up).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Kenny McCormick said:

Come Outside was filmed in the mid 90s, although it's had reruns for a long time since then. Considered to be one of those classic BBC childrens TV shows.

The cutoff between millennial and Gen Z is unclear (the cutoff range being 1994-2000) so it was on when you were younger but you probably missed it (eg. I'm the same age as you and I never saw veggie tales or blues clues, even though most our age claim to have seen those shows growing up).

I remember veggie tales. And remember it being a load of religious subliminal shite

10 minutes ago, Leon Brittan said:

I remember veggie tales. And remember it being a load of religious subliminal shite

Not subliminal at all. Every episode was based on a story from the Bible. It also quoted scripture constantly.

If nothing else, It was very open about what it was. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Not subliminal at all. Every episode was based on a story from the Bible. It also quoted scripture constantly.

If nothing else, It was very open about what it was. 

Still shite though

23 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Times death notice for Lee Everett Alkin (wiki), who died on 24 February, aged 85.

British spiritual healer, and former pop singer and celebrity psychic. Ex-wife of the late comedian and DJ Kenny Everett and one time girlfriend of the late pop singer Billy Fury.

A friend of Sir Elton John and Billie Jean King.

article-0-051ceeda000005dc-711.jpg.8b6995891f513d209be1adf7a05ecc42.jpg

Notice copy and pasted below in spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

EVERETT-ALKIN Lee (née Middleton) on 24th February 2022, aged 85. It is with great sadness that we announce the passing of Lee Everett-Alkin after a long illness. She is survived by her husband John. She was a recording artist, author and renowned healer counsellor, founding the Obsidian College for mindfulness and counselling. Funeral service will be held at West Berkshire crematorium on Thursday 17th March at 2pm. Inquiries to A.B. Walker, 40 The Broadway, Thatcham, RG19 3HP. Tel: 01635 873672.

Full times obit for Lee Everett Alkin. A brilliant read if you have a subscription.

Cause of death given as cancer.

3 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Ellen Zoe Golden, a former publicist for Billy Idol and Hall & Oates, has died. She was 63. Golden died of brain cancer at her home in Costa Rica.

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/ellen-zoe-dead-former-publicist-music-stars-1235201378/

Brain  cancer!

I Can't go for That (No Can do)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

American film director and animator John Korty (Wiki)

dead at 85

He won the Academy Award for Best Documentary in 1978 and Director Guild Award & Primetime Emmy Award as Best Director for The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pittman 

• Like 2

Joan Langdon - Canadian Swimmer from the 1936 Summer Olympics. -  One of 3 last surviving participants of the 200 metres Breast stroke competition. She was 99. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

DDP blast from the past, Hong Kong art  collector Budi Tek dead after many years of pancreatic cancer (chinese link):

https://m.news.sina.com.tw/article/20220319/41435438.html

Looks like only DJ Casper and ONJ survive from my 2018 B team now. The former seems he'll be okay for a while, the latter will die some point this decade but which year, your guess is as good as mine.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

DDP blast from the past, Hong Kong art  collector Budi Tek dead after many years of pancreatic cancer (chinese link):

https://m.news.sina.com.tw/article/20220319/41435438.html

Boy, there’s a blast from the recent past.  Forgotten name only useful in a few DPs but completely a waste in DDP.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

See the songwriter thread

It can be recorded here too.

• Like 2