Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

On 02/04/2022 at 13:41, TheCemetaryMan said:

C.W. McCall, Best Known For His Trucker Anthem “Convoy,” Passes Away At Age 93

https://www.whiskeyriff.com/2022/04/01/c-w-mccall-best-known-for-his-trucker-anthem-convoy-passes-away-at-age-93/

Shirley Burkovich, a former All-American Girls Professional Baseball League (AAGPBL) player, passed away on Thursday. She was 89 years old.

https://www.mlb.com/news/shirley-burkovich-aagpbl-legend-dies

I was going to start a thread of the last surviving members of the AAGPBL but too much work. She also made an appearance in A League of Their Own. 

On 02/04/2022 at 13:57, time said:

10-4

Today is obviously the day CW McCall should have died.

5 hours ago, time said:

Today is obviously the day CW McCall should have died.

Actually that would be half a year hence. 

• Facepalm 1

Arthur D. Riggs, a medical researcher whose experiments with recombinant DNA led to the development of synthetic insulin for diabetes patients and helped launch the biotechnology industry, died March 23 at a hospital in Duarte, Calif. He was 82.

SC

Christopher Muncke, US actor who appeared in minor roles in many films and TV series, has died aged 79. He appeared as a crewman of the USS Wayne in The Spy Who Loved Me and as an uncredited pilot in Star Wars.

• Like 1

Irish actress, producer and writer Melanie Clark Pullen (Wikidead at 46, after a battle with cancer

She was cast in her most notable role as Mary Flaherty in the BBC soap opera EastEnders. Playing the long-lost relative of Pauline Fowler (Wendy Richard), Clark Pullen remained in the role for 18 months until her departure in early 1999.

Also appeared in ITV's big-budget costume drama Lady Audley's Secret, starred in Catherine Cookson's A Dinner of Herbs and featured alongside Richard Attenborough and Jenny Agutter in the remake of the classic The Railway Children, all in 2000. Other credits include Doctors (2000), The League of Gentlemen's Apocalypse (2005) and The Clinic (2006).

Melanie Clark Pullen 

• Like 4

Phil Corio, father of Ron Corio (first billionaire in New Mexico) died on the 31st of March at 110:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/abqjournal/name/philip-corio-obituary?id=34307037

Also known for surviving covid (and a fall) in March 2020 at 108.

Metro made an article about him back then: https://metro.co.uk/2020/05/13/oldest-american-covid-19-survivor-108-beats-coronavirus-century-surviving-spanish-flu-12699458/

Rio Hackford, a Hollywood actor and influential figure in the New Orleans night life, died April 14, in Huntington Beach, California, according to a report in Variety magazine.

In that report, his brother said he died after an illness. He was 51.

SC

• Facepalm 1

Ronaldo's newborn twin son didn't survive birth. :(

• Sad 8

I couldn't think of the right thread for luthiers.... Rick Turner, renowned guitar, bass and mandolin maker, 79.

On 20/05/2021 at 09:12, TheSpinosaurus said:

----snip

For the Vietnam MOH recipients. Gary Wetzel has been wheelchair bound since a motorcycle accident, Gary Beikirch has pancreatic cancer, Roger Donlon has Parkinson's disease, Kenneth Stumpf is quite frail and appears to wheelchair bound as well.

----snip

Not sure what thread to post this in. @TheSpinosaurus was the only mention of him on here.

(Wiki) Kenneth E. Stumpf, a Vietnam Medal of Honor recipient, died April 23rd at age 77.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Not sure what thread to post this in. @TheSpinosaurus was the only mention of him on here.

(Wiki) Kenneth E. Stumpf, a Vietnam Medal of Honor recipient, died April 23rd at age 77.

This thread is fine, all my MOH recipient related posts are here.

Been a while since my previous update, nothing much has happened but WWII's only living recipient Woody Williams has slowed down quite a lot now after his fall in 2021, while Vietnam MOH recipients Doc Ballard and Barney Barnum have only recently become frail. In fact in the most recent Medal of Honor convention, only 7 out of 65 living attended, I might add that most of the active MOH recipients nowadays are Afghanistan/Iraq ones as well, so yeah they are starting to become a dwindling bunch.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheCemetaryMan said:

World's oldest person, Kane Tanaka, dies in Japan aged 119

https://www.ctvnews.ca/lifestyle/world-s-oldest-person-kane-tanaka-dies-in-japan-aged-119-1.5874899

Got me a hit, No idea why Deathlist committee doesn't pick supercentenarians 

Hmm, so that's seven of my DDP team gone and she's also #9 on my woefully performing HPDP line up and was first sub in the current DL Cup round for me, not required since all of the first XI took to the field (though nine of the fuckers are enjoying the game so much they may live to see next month!) 17 DDP teams fielding her, including a few where she's the joker.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmm, so that's seven of my DDP team gone and he's also #9 on my woefully performing HPDP line up and was first sub in the current DL Cup round for me, not required since all of the first XI took to the field (though nine of the fuckers are enjoying the game so much they may live to see next month!) 17 DDP teams fielding him, including a few where he's the joker.

He?

15 minutes ago, Perhaps said:

He?

Oh fuck, what was I thinking there - in my defence - flown 22 hours from Sydney to Heathrow so a bit scrambled all round

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deathtreat23 said:

Football agent Mino Raiola has died, he was 54.

Good riddance, fucking parasite.

Robert “Razerguy” Krakoff, the co-founder and former president of gaming hardware company Razer, died last week at the age of 81. Maybe you’ve never heard Krakoff’s name, but it’s possible you’ve been impacted by his far-reaching legacy.

In 1999, Krakoff was behind the first-ever gaming mouse: the Razer Boomslang. Not only was it the foundation of Razer’s now-massive lineup of gaming mice, it arguably jumpstarted the entire gaming peripheral industry.

SC

Bassmaster has announced the death of its founder, Ray Scott.

Bassmaster says Scott died peacefully in his sleep from natural causes Sunday night. He was 88 years old.

Scott founded the first national professional bass fishing circuit in 1967. The following year he founded the Bass Anglers Sportsman Society, or B.A.S.S., which would become the world’s largest fishing group.

He was inducted into the Bass Fishing Hall of Famein 2001.

SC

• Like 1