Paul Bearer

The Dead of 2022

Oleg Sorokanyuk, president of the Trans-Baikal Federation of Pankration and MMA and multiple Russian and world champion in grappling, committed suicide November 10. His relatives believe that he did it after he talked to the investigator. 

"He was afraid that he would go to prison a second time. But no one could have guessed that so... The day before yesterday we were talking about the future, holding hands and watching a film. One phone call from the investigator changed it," the deceased's wife wrote on social media.

The investigator had been in contact with Sorokanyuk in a criminal case of beating children at a children's camp. The investigator was in touch with Sorokanyuk, a colleague of the athlete, and, according to the newspaper source, he was only a witness in the case.

https://www.chita.ru/text/society/2022/11/11/71807246/

IMG_20221112_073816_589.jpg

• Sad 2

Actor, cricketer, journalist, former President of RSO Records David English reportedly dead: Bunbury Cricket on Twitter: "Sadly I have just heard from the family that David English has now passed away. He’s now at peace " / Twitter

Roles in Lisztomania, A Bridge Too Far and Sky Bandits. Couple of roles on Emmerdale, appeared in Ripping Yarns and Bergerac.

IMDB: David English - IMDb

• Like 3

On 03/07/2022 at 10:31, Summer in Transylvania said:

Edit: Majumdar now also. Very similar to the beginning of December 2021, where at least one person who qualified for my List of the Missed died every day for over a week. 

And so the late November onslaught begins again, Tuan Tuan, Wilko Johnson, Cissy Suyat Marshall, and John Y. Brown, Jr. so far since Saturday. 

Last year, Sir Frank Williams and Bob Dole were among the fallen. Could we soon see another DL hit? 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

And so the late November onslaught begins again, Tuan Tuan, Wilko Johnson, Cissy Suyat Marshall, and John Y. Brown, Jr. so far since Saturday. 

Last year, Sir Frank Williams and Bob Dole were among the fallen. Could we soon see another DL hit? 

A panda + obscure businessman/governor = onslaught.

I had to chuckle...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

A panda + obscure businessman/governor = onslaught.

I had to chuckle...

This is just a list of the fatalities of people on my radar but not on my Shadowlist, often quite a few of them die about late November-early December time, last year there was at least one every day from ~27th November until 9th December. I'm not saying many of them are DL-level famous as such, just that they are recently-deceased and on my radar as possiblities for 2023 (my own pool has incredibly low fame requirements, if one can prove who they are, their date of birth (however exaggerated that may be), and they have a Wikipedia or IMDB page (I stretch to gerontology wiki for supercentenarians if necessary), that's usually good enough for me). 

• Like 1

Death Notice for Sir John Bourn, former Comptroller and Auditor General, aged 88: http://announcements.telegraph.co.uk/deaths/260881/bourn

Was Tony Blair's first Independent Advisor on Ministerial Interests. Turns out he was screwing the public purse for travel expenses and hotel accommodation costs, and when he was found out and liable for years of unpaid taxes, guess who picked up the tab? Yes, the taxpayer paid for his tax avoidance.

Truly yer Bourn, you take everyone's money, then you die. Bye bye.

Founder of Network, Tim Beddows, has died rather suddenly aged 59.

He founded the distribution company in 1997, and took to restoring classic TV and film and releasing it on DVD. If you collect any British sitcoms, 70s-80s dramas or old films, there's a high chance you'll see Network were involved in the release and cleaning of the footage. He managed to break down the rights nightmare that prevented The Professionals being released and helped restore a whole bunch of Hammer horrors. 

Not a household name, but he had a huge impact on British film/TV, and preserving the archives and making them readily accessible.

• Like 3

Vladimir Kalinichenko, a legendary investigator for the USSR Prosecutor General's Office, has died.

His practice included the "cotton" and "fish" corruption cases, as well as the high-profile murder of a KGB officer by police officers in 1980, which led to a purge in the Soviet Interior Ministry. Kalinichenko had been practising law since the 1990s.

Vladimir Kalinichenko died at the age of 74, the head of the State Duma's information policy committee, Alexander Khinstein, said in his Telegram channel. 

https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/5692443

• Like 1

Patrick Philbin, "legendary" competitive eater has died at 59:

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/legendary-competitive-eater-has-reportedly-died-at-59

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/29/patrick-philbin-dead-competitive-eater-nathans-hot-dog-radio-personality-egg-nog-video/?adid=social-twa

Reasons unclear in that article, but he was undergoing treatment in his "one remaining leg". (Did he eat the other one? jk, probably Diabetes)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Patrick Philbin, "legendary" competitive eater has died at 59:

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/legendary-competitive-eater-has-reportedly-died-at-59

https://www.tmz.com/2022/11/29/patrick-philbin-dead-competitive-eater-nathans-hot-dog-radio-personality-egg-nog-video/?adid=social-twa

Reasons unclear in that article, but he was undergoing treatment in his "one remaining leg". (Did he eat the other one? jk, probably Diabetes)

Damn, Pat from Moonachie.  Was an invaluable regular on the Opie & Anthony show during the XM/Sirius years.  The "baby bird" stunt is a thing of legend.

On 29/11/2022 at 19:03, Whitehouse said:

Well, it was her granddaughter who - sort of - pimped her by way of making a documentary about eight years back. So, if there's still money to be made...

The annual @christhebarker "Sgt Pepper" cover of the year's deceased has been released (no key as yet, so if anyone can tell me who the guy sitting at the front is, I'd be grateful. eta, don't worry I know now!)

• Like 7