• Haha 2

2 hours ago, chel said:

@Toast

:lol:

Widely known in narrow circles

Everyone likes a happy ending.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This morning I wanted to post she was in hospital after a "freak accident" but refrained when she assured she was completely fine.

Died after an accident at a theatre? WTF?

Just now, drol said:

This morning I wanted to post she was in hospital after a "freak accident" but refrained when she assured she was completely fine.

Died after surgery complications. 

1 minute ago, msc said:

Died after an accident at a theatre? WTF?

Well it sounds like she fell over in the theatre (Not the first time as she suffered a bad fall a few years ago.) and died after surgery to fix the broken bones. 

Just couldn't put it in the sitcom thread.

Anyhow, huge shock - besties with Su Pollard who will no doubt take this badly.

Very sad news.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Just couldn't put it in the sitcom thread.

Anyhow, huge shock - besties with Su Pollard who will no doubt take this badly.

Very sad news.

Su Pollard is up there as being one of the most odious loathsome creatures I've ever had the misfortune of meeting (actually, on several occasions). So I don't give a flying fuck if she's upset.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Well it sounds like she fell over in the theatre (Not the first time as she suffered a bad fall a few years ago.) and died after surgery to fix the broken bones. 

Break a leg?

4 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Su Pollard is up there as being one of the most odious loathsome creatures I've ever had the misfortune of meeting (actually, on several occasions). So I don't give a flying fuck if she's upset.

So Ruth's demise isn't all bad, then

I've met quite a few persons in the public eye, several of whom were basically self-obsessed and highly unsympathetic sorts who likely never got closer to empathy than passing it by on a dictionary page. Is there anything specific about Ms Pollard that sets her apart from the usual showbiz types?

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I've met quite a few persons in the public eye, several of whom were basically self-obsessed and highly unsympathetic sorts who likely never got closer to empathy than passing it by on a dictionary page. Is there anything specific about Ms Pollard that sets her apart from the usual showbiz types?

You’ve hit the nail on the head. She’s a self-obsessed type. Also found her to be rude, arrogant and mental. A few other ppl have said the same so it doesn’t appear to be an uncommon opinion. 

These eccentric types always have a major character flaw behind their glossy front.

4 hours ago, One shot Paddy said:

Die-de-Die?

Or Bye-die-bye?

Good mourning, Campers!

Never seen this before today. Not surprised tbh. At the party I attended a couple of years ago she started screaming at two old ladies. She could definitely be classified as a bully.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head. She’s a self-obsessed type. Also found her to be rude, arrogant and mental. A few other ppl have said the same so it doesn’t appear to be an uncommon opinion. 

These eccentric types always have a major character flaw behind their glossy front.

Aye, so the decider for me is those who are in their work for the sake of caring about their work and those for whom the fame in any guise is a sticking plaster over massive personality flaws. I've had work writing about popular music and the likes for years which included writing entries in reference books way back. That job got me phone numbers because when the management realised there was no deal to be signed they'd as often as not give you a direct line to the "talent" so you could blabber for five minutes and get the update. Musicians (as opposed to those thinking themselves stars) were generally refreshingly focused on their work even if a few were a little unrealistic about the excitement their next release might create. Actors are altogether a more mentally fragile bunch, I believe and unlucky and/or majorly unemployed actors are hard work socially.

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Never seen this before today. Not surprised tbh. At the party I attended a couple of years ago she started screaming at two old ladies. She could definitely be classified as a bully.

Or blind drunk?

9C58A669-B1BD-B145-C2BB5BF265878F26.jpg

Tracy Hitchings, former lead singer with the bands Quasar and Landmarq, reportedly dead aged 60: https://www.loudersound.com/news/former-landmarq-singer-tracey-hitchings-dead-at-60

Wiki seems to have the wrong date and place of birth. 

Hitchings seemed to have historically suffered from breast and ovarian cancer.

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

William Russell dead.

You utter bastard! :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Lawson seen in a wheelchair at a recent literary festival, according to Iain Dale in one of his (many) podcasts. 

• Like 1

Abigail Kinoiki Kekaulike Kawānanakoa, the so-called last Hawaiian princess whose lineage included the royal family that once ruled the islands and an Irish businessman who became one of Hawaii’s largest landowners, died on Sunday. She was 96.

• Like 3