Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

It’s a crime she’s still in office tbh: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

It’s a crime she’s still in office tbh: 

I suspect with how unpopular Biden is now she will have to cling on until death due to fears the republicans could snatch her seat.

• Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I suspect with how unpopular Biden is now she will have to cling on until death due to fears the republicans could snatch her seat.

Bruh, Gavin Newsom easily survived his recall election, her seat is in no danger of flipping at all. 

14 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Bruh, Gavin Newsom easily survived his recall election, her seat is in no danger of flipping at all. 

I'd agree it won't flip. She could have a tough primary challenge though. 

Yeah, there aren't really any foreseeable political risks to the party if Feinstein were to step down. What's keeping her there is stubbornness, and the fact that she seems to be the only one in her orbit who doesn't realize how bad things have gotten. The leaks from her staff (regarding her apparent memory loss/cognitive decline) have been brutal over the last couple of years. And when her office pre-emptively filed papers to run for re-election the other year, which is often just done for fundraising purposes, it was very telling that her staff practically tripped over themselves to clarify "this doesn't mean she's actually running again!"

Just now, JustPassingThrough said:

Yeah, there aren't really any foreseeable political risks to the party if Feinstein were to step down. What's keeping her there is stubbornness, and the fact that she seems to be the only one in her orbit who doesn't realize how bad things have gotten. The leaks from her staff (regarding her apparent memory loss/cognitive decline) have been brutal over the last couple of years. And when her office pre-eminently filed papers to run for re-election the other year, which is often just done for fundraising purposes, it was very telling that her staff practically tripped over themselves to clarify "this doesn't mean she's actually running again!"

Feinstein, along with Chuck Grassley, just want to die in office. They don’t care what happens, they just want the senate seat. 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Feinstein, along with Chuck Grassley, just want to die in office. They don’t care what happens, they just want the senate seat. 

Been that way for a very long time. I'd argue since the country started. Term limits and/or age restrictions easiest way to eliminated this problem IMO.

Barbara Steele 

Sir Kenneth Grange maybe worth considering, he'll be 93 this year and is a famous industrial designer for, among other products/objects, the Intercity 125 trains.

Ok, run with me on this.

I have been off work for a couple of days and have seen David Dickinson on the TV.

Now I know I am as deaf as a post BUT I could deffo hear an ever so slight slur and weakness to his voice.

I said the same thing, IIRC, about Des O'Connor not many light years before he died so I would pencil in David for 2023, if not this year.

Mark my words, or summat.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ok, run with me on this.

I have been off work for a couple of days and have seen David Dickinson on the TV.

Now I know I am as deaf as a post BUT I could deffo hear an ever so slight slur and weakness to his voice.

I said the same thing, IIRC, about Des O'Connor not many light years before he died so I would pencil in David for 2023, if not this year.

I hear he doesn't want an expensive funeral. It'll be cheap as chips.

...I've already got my coat.

(Hmm, 81 this year. Older than I thought by a fair bit.)

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, msc said:

I hear he doesn't want an expensive funeral. It'll be cheap as chips.

...I've already got my coat.

(Hmm, 81 this year. Older than I thought by a fair bit.)

We shall overlook the joke. :lol:

81? I will go with, at the very least, a hospitalisation this year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ok, run with me on this.

The in-laws have not been well recently so my wife has been over to help them out with cleaning and stuff but they do watch a lot of daytime TV and when I say David Dickinson the other day my first thought was how old he had begun to look

Good call

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Ok, run with me on this.

I told my mum about this and she agrees that he looks like he has lost weight and aged a lot. I think he will be long gone  by 2030.

• Like 1

David Dickenson on The Wheel recently (big image so in spoiler):

Spoiler

image.png.e99b8b69dc8167c1c2459e93621181d6.png

1 hour ago, ladyfiona said:

David Dickenson on The Wheel recently (big image so in spoiler):

Hide contents

image.png.e99b8b69dc8167c1c2459e93621181d6.png

Fit as a butchers dog!

I am in a Youtube deep dive about the Nuremberg trials and discovered that the last survivng prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials is still alive.

• Benjamin Ferencz - 100
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

I am in a Youtube deep dive about the Nuremberg trials and discovered that the last survivng prosecutor at the Nuremberg trials is still alive.

• Benjamin Ferencz - 100

Still part of the residual 20/20 game

Some big Hollywood names to consider for 2023

Robert Wagner (if he makes it...)

Michael Caine

Gene Hackman (he did almost have a heart attack over 30 years ago)

James Earl Jones

Jack Nicholson

Lee Grant

Eva Marie Saint

Gina Lollobrigida

Walter Mirisch (oldest living Oscar Winner, so should pass famousness test)

John Williams

Norman Jewison

Roger Corman

Quincy Jones

However, I wouldn’t suggest Robert Duvall or Clint Eastwood quite yet. Maybe, Duvall for 2024 and Eastwood for 2025 or later. 

• Like 3

John Boorman just turned 89 and he is also the father of actor and adventurer Charley Boorman (if anyone takes interest in him going round the world with Ewan McGregor).