Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

24 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

John Boorman just turned 89 and he is also the father of actor and adventurer Charley Boorman (if anyone takes interest in him going round the world with Ewan McGregor).

He looks sprightly in that photo, I'd say he'd be around for a few more years

• Like 2

Singer/songwriter Nadia Cattouse who is the mother of Level 42 singer/keyboard player Mike Lindup has not long turned 97 years old

Gene Cornish (age 77) from The Young Rascals collapsed onstage in 2018, maybe one to watch out for in the near future?

E234755D-438D-4F2B-AEDB-DC9A345193C4.jpeg

I'll let you know if I'm still around on new year.

Ace Frehley will probably be on my Derby dead pool entry next year he had a lot of drug and alcohol issues while in KISS though his bandmate Peter Criss was a party animal too and is getting old 

Gary Rossington, last surviving original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd, has had a long history of heart issues (heart attack in 2015, heart surgeries in 2019 and 2021) and has not been talked about that much

Also another "last survivor" of a band, Carl Palmer of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. He's 71 years old and although he seems to be doing okay, you never know.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Gary Rossington, last surviving original member of Lynyrd Skynyrd, has had a long history of heart issues (heart attack in 2015, heart surgeries in 2019 and 2021) and has not been talked about that much

Also another "last survivor" of a band, Carl Palmer of Emerson, Lake & Palmer. He's 71 years old and although he seems to be doing okay, you never know.

Palmer’s place in ELP was taken by Cozy Powell which means all three members of that iteration are deceased.

Christopher Biggins looks like he has lost a lot of weight and has thar in a slow decline look.

On 20/01/2022 at 14:26, TheSpinosaurus said:

Saw Palmer pounding the drums in hot sun at A New Day festival in 2019 and he looked like someone who really keeps himself in shape. That festival is a dead poolers form checking guide for obitable proggers of the first generation and Palmer - frankly - looked like he could have taken his fellow band members (two winsome and pale types who looked highly skilled musicians and socially awkward humans) in any kind of athletic contest. 

• Like 1

Would American actor Paul Dooley pass the famousness test? I wouldn’t have thought so, but Estelle Harris made it on...

Nikolai Fomin, Chief Engineer of Chernobyl is still alive and 84 or 85.

John Romita Sr., co-creator of Marvel's Punisher and Wolverine is alive and 92 today

• Like 2

7 hours ago, arghton said:

Nikolai Fomin, Chief Engineer of Chernobyl is still alive and 84 or 85.

John Romita Sr., co-creator of Marvel's Punisher and Wolverine is alive and 92 today

Doing some basic research on Nikolai Fomin - he's had a series of mental health breakdowns since the disaster and had psychiatric treatment while there. He was released from prison early (original sentence 10 years). Currently lives in some Russian town (Udomlya) with his wife, children and grandchildren.

Considering how closely involved he was with the clean up. As far as I know he's suffered no radiation effects.

Angela Pleasance(b.1941)

No acting gigs since a 2016 appearance on the series Happy Valley

17 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Angela Pleasance(b.1941)

One of her early major roles was that of Catherine Parr in The Six Wives of Henry VIII; three of the six are already dead (natural causes, no beheadings) but in addition to Pleasance there's Catherine of Aragon, Annette Crosbie, now 87, and Anne of Cleves, Elvi Hale (Patricia Elvira Hale), who's rapidly approaching 91. She retired from acting 30 years ago, so its possible she may go (or has gone) unheralded ( a point also raised by mpfc 6 years ago).

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 23:54, CaptainChorizo said:

Angela Pleasance(b.1941)

My wife continually watches the 1983 adaptation of Mansfield Park where Angela Pleasance plays Lady Bertram with an absolutely pitch perfect performance.  She has outlived costars Bernard Hepton, Gordon Kaye and Anna Massey.

Interesting to note that Nicholas Farrell who played the romantic lead is now doing the Saga holiday adverts

Rod Laver looks to have declined a fair in the last couple of years at the Australian Open. Maybe one for people to start  considering. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Rod Laver looks to have declined a fair in the last couple of years at the Australian Open. Maybe one for people to start  considering. 

He's actually made it 23+ years after a near-fatal stroke, so for him to still be able to attend the AO in person is great.  I do agree he looks a bit worse than a couple of years ago, but he could still have quite a few more years in him yet.  

• Like 1

Another one of my very long shots

Mason Greenwood, who has been arrested for abusing his girlfriend.  Two major Man United players have, allegedly, turned there back on him, David De Gea and Christiano Ronaldo.  His footballing career could be over at the age of 20 years old.  He might be put on suicide watch if he goes to jail

1 hour ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Another one of my very long shots

Mason Greenwood, who has been arrested for abusing his girlfriend.  Two major Man United players have, allegedly, turned there back on him, David De Gea and Christiano Ronaldo.  His footballing career could be over at the age of 20 years old.  He might be put on suicide watch if he goes to jail

Slightly jumping the gun there. He hasn’t been arrested yet. He might be very soon. 

Hilarious if Ronaldo turns his back on him when he is allegedly just as bad. 

Him committing suicide would not massively surprise me through.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Slightly jumping the gun there. He hasn’t been arrested yet. He might be very soon. 

Hilarious if Ronaldo turns his back on him when he is allegedly just as bad. 

Him committing suicide would not massively surprise me through.

As I said a long shot

2 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

As I said a long shot

He has now been arrested.

Modern indie band La Luz has postponed its tour because front woman Shana Cleveland has breast cancer

I have done this every year for the past nine years and I have identified the oldest people on my 1000+ Longlist who have never been selected for the DDP

It is not a good guide as to who to pick as in 2021 there was only one hit from the list - John Challis who was at Number 20 on the list. However Frank Field was at No.19 on last year's list

Ten people on last year's top 20 remain unpicked

1.       Robert Swindells             Writer (b.1939)

2.       David Hope                      Archbishop (b.1940)

3.       Clive Doig                         TV Producer (b.1940)

4.       Eden Kane                        Singer (b.1941)

5.       Lynley Dodd                     Writer (b.1941)

6.       Stephen Yardley              Actor (b.1942)

7.       Wilf Lunn                          Presenter (b.1942)

8.       Calvin Klein                       Designer (b.1942)

9.       Judith Hann                      Presenter (b.1942)

10.   Peter Greenaway            Director (b.1942)

11.   Michael Eisner                 Executive (b.1942)

12.   Samual R. Delany            Writer (b.1942)

13.   Grey Davis                        Politician (b.1942)

14.   Joanne Trollope              Writer (b.1943)

15.   Charles Saatchi                Businessman (b.1943)

16.   Michael Ondaatje           Writer (b.1943)

17.   Mike Leigh                        Director (b.1943)

18.   Adam Hart-Davis             Presenter (b.1943)

19.   Vince Cable                      Politician (b.1943)

20.   William Calley                  Soldier (b.1943)

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been mentioned. Lawrence Fox has Covid and is taking ivermectin to treat it.

• Like 1