Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

55 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

Missoula is a city in western Montana and has roughly 70.000 inhabitants. About 55% of employment in Missoula is made up of the service and retail sectors. Export industries are concentrated in heavy and civil engineering, construction, beverage production, technical services, truck transportation, and forestry-, logging-, and wood-related industries. In addition to nearly 4 million out-of-state visitors annually, which makes tourism a significant aspect of the Missoula economy, Missoula also is home to a vibrant sector of alternative healthcare.

Was just saying this to the lads down the pub last night.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

If in doubt, check Facebook out.

Here are two pics of her from May 2021, uploaded by friends. She looks fine in both of them. Granted, they're 10 months old, so she could've had a sudden downturn in health, OR she's completely fine and like a lot of celebs, simply opted to stop signing shit after decades of doing it. In her case, once she reached 90 (like John Williams also did).

187019230_854685915123962_1787.jpg.ee73b1b473299e3cae4f4a61afe7774e.jpg188978695_1185503091873530_607.jpg.391779fddcc91df87ce5c564ef3578b4.jpg

Cheers Ulitzer. Glad to see her looking so well, assuming she hasn't declined after that. The post on Fanmail.biz (which I linked) mentioned the response came from her power of attorney (rather than Tewson herself), and used the words "no longer able to autograph", which gave me the impression she was in much more dire health.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Sean said:

Wonder If she is in Denville Hall?

Someone who is in a nursing home (not Denville) apparently - my theme team pick Richard Franklin, when not in hospital. 

Speaking of which, Franklin still recovering from "complex major surgery" according to Katy Manning.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Grimgrass said:

Cheers Ulitzer. Glad to see her looking so well, assuming she hasn't declined after that. The post on Fanmail.biz (which I linked) mentioned the response came from her power of attorney (rather than Tewson herself), and used the words "no longer able to autograph", which gave me the impression she was in much more dire health.

The two photos look like they were taken some time apart.On the left she looks visibly older but  still good for a nonogenarian.

• Like 1

Jost Vacano, Oscar-nominated cinematographer for "Das Boot", also worked on Total Recall and other Paul Verhoeven projects.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jost_Vacano

Turns 88 next week and is currently suing the production company for not having received enough pay for his work (it's complicated):
https://www.spiegel.de/kultur/das-boot-kameramann-jost-vacano-von-einigung-kann-keine-rede-sein-a-80f58158-4772-497a-80fd-072e48d7853e

• Like 4

Ohio State University offensive lineman Harry Miller says he is "medically retiring" from football, citing struggles he has faced with mental health.

Miller says he attempted to take his own life before the start of last season and praised Ohio State head coach Ryan Day for the immediate support he provided when the offensive linesman opened up to him about it.

Miller says Day put him in contact with two doctors who provided him with support. After a few weeks, Miller tried playing football again with "scars on my wrists and throat."
"But luckily, I am a student in the College of Engineering, and I have a 4.0 and whatever accolades you might require, so maybe if somebody's hurt can be taken seriously for once, it can be mine."

SC

If she is still alive by end of the year then I predict Marina Ovsyannikova who protested on Russian TV will die or vanish in a weird way. She has just been released after paying equivalent of like $300.

• Like 2

Professional sumo wrestler, 56th Yokozuna Wakanohana Kanji II has very quiet for ages and has a long health history. Hepatitis, liver issues, alcoholism and he's been wheelchairbound since a stroke he had in 2007. He left the Sumo Association in 2013 due to his health problems, including permanent memory issues caused by the stroke. 

Now 68, must be in a pretty bad condition. I expect him to get a Yahoo sports obituary, however it's not guaranteed as Tochinoumi Teruyoshi didn't get one.

On 15/03/2022 at 18:27, ladyfiona said:

If she is still alive by end of the year then I predict Marina Ovsyannikova who protested on Russian TV will die or vanish in a weird way. She has just been released after paying equivalent of like $300.

"Vanishing" could be defined as claiming asylum in the US (or another country) and changing her identity.

That would be the smart move as she'll be a Putin target.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

"Vanishing" could be defined as claiming asylum in the US (or another country) and changing her identity.

That would be the smart move as she'll be a Putin target.

Give it two years and she'll be in a Dianaesque car crash.... nothing to see here, move along.....

Never mentioned on here before and surely worthy of our interest: 95-year-old physiologist Giles Brindley, who... let Wikipedia explain.

Brindley is perhaps best known for an unusual scientific presentation at the 1983 Las Vegas meeting of the American Urological Association, where he removed his pants to show the audience his chemically induced erection and invited them to inspect it closely.[4][5] He had injected phenoxybenzamine using one mL (of a mixture 5mg of Phenoxybenzamine in 10 mL os saline) into his penis in his hotel room before the presentation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Never mentioned on here before and surely worthy of our interest: 95-year-old physiologist Giles Brindley, who... let Wikipedia explain.

If he'd been 95 at the time that would have been more persuasive - at 56 it could just have been a natural stiffy.

Tommy Walsh the DIY TV personality is looking rather gaunt.

I was surprised to find that he is only 65, he looks older.

Watch this space.....

• Like 1

James Chance the No Wave Musician has had a GoFundMe since the start of the Pandemic. Also appears to be headed to an Assisted Living Facility

I was just watching the Academy Awards, and Liza Minnelli was a presenter of the last Oscar- she looks awful- she is confined to a wheelchair, and seems shaky (Parkinson's?) and also not quite with it-  I think it might be smart to put her on the list for next year!

• Sad 1

On 18/03/2022 at 05:23, Spade_Cooley said:

That's right up there with breathing in helium to make your voice sound high!

Das Boot inspiration, U-boat senior engineer Friedrich Grade is still alive at 106.

Unbenannt-1.jpg.432cb924713ad702f16433737d8e6bc9.jpg

A small list of 20 perennial coffinteases, people who logically shouldn't be alive, those who are frail and old as hell - I've put them to "duel" about which one will live longer as not a lot of them have died during the last month. The idea is blatantly stolen, drol did something similar in Nov 2018. Only Violeta Chamorro is alive from the 16 names mentioned in that post. 

1. Violeta Chamorro (1929) vs. Francisco Morales-Bermúdez (1921-2022)

Winner: Foreverdying Violeta Chamorro!

2. Khamtai Siphandone (1924) vs. Jiang Zemin (1926-2022)

Winner: corpselike Siphandone!

3. Fauja Singh (Probably ca. 1928) vs. Saalumarada Thimmakka (Probably ca. 1928/1929)

4. Kane Tanaka (1902/1903-2022) vs. Juan Vicente Pérez Mora (1909)

Winner: Juan Vicente Pérez Mora!

5. V. S. Achuthanandan (1923) vs. Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee (1944)

6. Sidney Cooke (1927) vs. Peter Tobin (1946-2022)

Winner: Sidney Cooke, may he also die soon.

7. Mikhail Gorbachev (1931-2022) vs. Nikolai Ryzhkov (1929) 

Winner: Nikolai Ryzhkov.

8. Wan Haifeng (1920-2023) vs. David Musuguri (1920)

Winner: Good guy Musuguri!

9. Agnes Keleti (1921) vs. Siiri Rantanen (1924-2023)

Winner: Keleti

10. Leslie Phillips (1924-2022) vs. Bob Barker (1923-2023)

Winner: Barker

11. Wang Huo (1924) vs. Ma Shitu (1915)
12. Tin Oo (1927) vs. Jimmy Carter (1924)

13. Boris Pahor (1913-2022) vs. Kazimierz Klimczak (1914-2023)

Winner: Klimczak!

14. Leonid Kravchuk (1934-2022) vs. Vytautas Landsbergis (1932)

Winner: Vytautas Landsbergis, once in a while hospitalised due to pneumonia.

I tried to make them as balanced as possible, all of them very likely to go this year, except maybe Keleti and Rantanen.

• Like 3

John Astin, who turns 92 today. But would he pass the famousness test? A household name in the US but not in the UK.

12 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

John Astin, who turns 92 today. But would he pass the famousness test? A household name in the US but not in the UK.

Instantly recognisable actor IMO. Addams family huge, but in my lifetime Eerie Indiana was a popular kids show. And he played the Riddler a few times too. 

And he's in @drol favourite film ever, Silence of the Hams. 

• Like 3

Virginia Halas McCaskey - 99

She is owner of Chicago Bears and according to reports she has been unwell for a few months now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Virginia Halas McCaskey - 99

She is owner of Chicago Bears and according to reports she has been unwell for a few months now.

I brought her up on page 4, on January 5.  And I didn't even know she was allegedly unwell, as she was still attending games up to that point (late in the 2021 NFL season).  Add that to being 99, and yeah, would seem to be a decent bet.  

Well known Ferrari designer and engineer Mauro Forghieri is still alive at age 87 years old.

• Like 1