Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

17 hours ago, msc said:

She badly injured (broke iirc) her knee in 2019 and didn't seem to recover from it. 

Barbara Knox was still in Corrie last year and seemed decent nick for her age. Rula Lenska looked worse, and she's now been gone off the show for 8 months. (Although while recurring I don't think her role is an every week character.)

Rula has left. She quit in 2020 and then returned for the Norris death storyline. She was on the One Show earlier this week promoting her documentary with Maureen Lipman and looks well enough.

I think it might be Barbara Knox getting her honour upgraded like Bill Roache did in the New Years List. 

Neither Sue Nichols or Thelma Barlow have an MBE. Eileen Derbyshire and Julie Goodyear do. Could be Anne Reid as well. She feels like a dame candidate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hallmark Channel actor Brennan Elliott's wife Cami, a "model and actress" of dubious notability could be the Criscilla Anderson of 2023 with stage IV cancer:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-10685297/Brennan-Elliott-reveals-fearless-wife-Cami-battling-stage-IV-metastatic-stomach-cancer.html

Note my word "dubious"...just because I mention it, doesn't mean she gets into the DDP.

• Like 1

Brennan Elliott was great in unREAL as the Chris Harrison roman a clef.

On 06/04/2022 at 14:02, six feet blunder said:

US Masters golf tournament starts tomorrow with the ceremonial drive off.Lee Elder who was nominated last year has already passed on so the three this year Jack Nicklaus  Gary Player or Tom Watson worthy of consideration

I came here after seeing the ceremonial drives a few minutes ago. Gary Player (the oldest at 86) looked in the best nick of the three. 

Watching Gentleman Jack tonight makes me think Timothy West should go on the list. He is 87.

Although his wife may go before him depending on her health.

• Like 1

Just now, ladyfiona said:

Watching Gentleman Jack tonight makes me think Timothy West should go on the list. He is 87.

I do think he'll go within 6 months of Pru going tbh.

• Like 1

I'm *really* reluctant to add his name here for obvious reasons, but Chris Stein is missing the upcoming Blondie tour due to a heart murmur (atrial fibrillation) which is "tiring as hell". He sat down for most of the last tour a couple of years back so it's obviously not getting better and is becoming an issue. It'll be pretty much the first time (bar the odd PA type appearance) that Debbie Harry won't have Chris by her side since before The Stilettos days!

8 minutes ago, Vinegar Tits said:

I'm *really* reluctant to add his name here for obvious reasons, but Chris Stein is missing the upcoming Blondie tour due to a heart murmur (atrial fibrillation) which is "tiring as hell". He sat down for most of the last tour a couple of years back so it's obviously not getting better and is becoming an issue. It'll be pretty much the first time (bar the odd PA type appearance) that Debbie Harry won't have Chris by her side since before The Stilettos days!

Chris Stein has always looked like shite. I thought he'd be dead long before now tbh.

• Like 1

Apparently Joe Exotic has cancer. In November 2021 it was described as an agressive form of prostate cancer and got moved to a medical centre for treatment.

47 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Apparently Joe Exotic has cancer. In November 2021 it was described as an agressive form of prostate cancer and got moved to a medical centre for treatment.

First Post!

Honestly it wouldn’t shock me one bit if he goes before 2024. Dude has serious allegations against him which can lead to stress and some times suicide. So Really he has a low chance of survival in the next two years or so due to the Cancer and the Stress he has from the allegations.

20 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

I don't completely trust him. He might have cancer but I don't believe it's as bad as he says it is. I remember he's been "dying" (according to himself) for a few years now with different health issues. 

Often people like him tend to have exaggerate-your-health-problems-to-get-out-of-jailitis. Alberto Fujimori has been suffering from such a number of ailments that he'd have died atleast ten times during the last five years if he was that ill. Atleast three incurable degenerative diseases mixed with one or two types of cancer, gastric problems, many types of serious heart problems, surgeries and what else. He's now "on oxygen" and is being pardoned but still doesn't seem like he'll die anytime soon because it wouldn't even be his first pardon due to "incurable health problems". However if he does die, boy who cried wolf...

Then there's Khaleda Zia who suffers from everything. Three stooges syndrome. Cirrhosis, problems with every internal organ and hospitalised frequently but if she was as ill as she said she was she'd be long dead. 

From all I've read Exotic also seems to be very desperate to get out of jail.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, arghton said:

I don't completely trust him. He might have cancer but I don't believe it's as bad as he says it is. I remember he's been "dying" (according to himself) for a few years now with different health issues. 

Often people like him tend to have exaggerate-your-health-problems-to-get-out-of-jailitis. Alberto Fujimori has been suffering from such a number of ailments that he'd have died atleast ten times during the last five years if he was that ill. Atleast three incurable degenerative diseases mixed with one or two types of cancer, gastric problems, many types of serious heart problems, surgeries and what else. He's now "on oxygen" and is being pardoned but still doesn't seem like he'll die anytime soon because it wouldn't even be his first pardon due to "incurable health problems". However if he does die, boy who cried wolf...

Then there's Khaleda Zia who suffers from everything. Three stooges syndrome. Cirrhosis, problems with every internal organ and hospitalised frequently but if she was as ill as she said she was she'd be long dead. 

From all I've read Exotic also seems to be very desperate to get out of jail.

What you said might be right which I do believe a bit really anyone can lie about having cancer and they can get away with it most of the time. But I did some research and he is trying to leave because of the cancer treatment and he looks like he aged like 10-15 years once he got in jail.

AD265631-C8AE-49CD-900D-52D9D147624F.jpeg

"Death faker" Nicholas Rossi now too ill for trial:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/20053250.nicholas-rossi-arthur-knight-told-get-lawyer-with-haste/

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alahverdian

The Utah rapist supposedly faked his own death and lived as "Arthur Knight" in Scotland.

He seems to have some heavy breathing issues now.

• Like 1

Two names I’m surprised haven’t been on the DL yet (though it may seem obvious):

Walter Mirisch: 100 years old and a world class film producer and oscar winner. He had a hand in producing some of the world’s most iconic films (The Pink Panther, In the Heat of the Night, The Magnificent Seven). Is sure to get a BBC obit.

Norman Lear: 99 years old, very famous film and tv producer and although famous primarily in the US like Mirisch, he couldn’t be anymore of a stranger in the UK than someone like Estelle Harris, Bill Gates Sr., Herman Wouk etc. Also sure to get a BBC obit.

Also expecting iconic film directors Roger Corman and Norman Jewison to debut on the DL any year now.

• Like 3

Sidney Cooke, now 95. How is he still alive? Wheelchairbound after a stroke or a double-stroke in the 2000s, heart attacks, everything. 12 years ago today he was fighting for his life after collapsing 

György Kurtág is 96 and reportedly quite frail nowadays

3 hours ago, arghton said:

Sidney Cooke, now 95. How is he still alive? Wheelchairbound after a stroke or a double-stroke in the 2000s, heart attacks, everything. 12 years ago today he was fighting for his life after collapsing in hospital.

Peter Tobin is another one on borrowed time, deserving an entry onto the 2023 DL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Posture is odd and the gripping of the table too

There are rumours he has parkinsons disease  .I'm not sure how credible those rumours  are.

13 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

There are rumours he has parkinsons disease  .I'm not sure how credible those rumours  are.

I think the Parkinson’s rumors are far more likely than all those terminal cancer rumors 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Posture is odd and the gripping of the table too

Perhaps he's looking for the shark tank chair activation button. 

• Haha 2

On 29/03/2022 at 13:21, arghton said:

Das Boot inspiration, U-boat senior engineer Friedrich Grade is still alive at 106.

Unbenannt-1.jpg.432cb924713ad702f16433737d8e6bc9.jpg

A small list of 20 perennial coffinteases, people who logically shouldn't be alive, those who are frail and old as hell - I've put them to "duel" about which one will live longer as not a lot of them have died during the last month. The idea is blatantly stolen, drol did something similar in Nov 2018. Only Violeta Chamorro is alive from the 16 names mentioned in that post. 

1. Violeta Chamorro (1929) vs. Francisco Morales-Bermúdez (1921)

2. Khamtai Siphandone (1924) vs. Jiang Zemin (1926)

3. Fauja Singh (Probably ca. 1928) vs. Saalumarada Thimmakka (Probably ca. 1928/1929)

4. Kane Tanaka (1903) vs. Juan Vicente Pérez Mora (1909)

5. V. S. Achuthanandan (1923) vs. Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee (1944)

6. Sidney Cooke (1927) vs. Peter Tobin (1946)

7. Mikhail Gorbachev (1931) vs. Nikolai Ryzhkov (1929) 

8. Wan Haifeng (1920) vs. David Musuguri (1920)

9. Agnes Keleti (1921) vs. Siiri Rantanen (1924) 

10. Leslie Phillips (1924) vs. Bob Barker (1923)

I tried to make them as balanced as possible, all of them very likely to go this year, except maybe Keleti and Rantanen.

Great idea. But still no hits after a month!

• Like 3

On 21/04/2022 at 13:22, The Daredevil said:

Peter Tobin is another one on borrowed time, deserving an entry onto the 2023 DL.

I doubt he will make it that far.

2 hours ago, Sean said:

I doubt he will make it that far.

We'll still be debating him in 2030 at this rate. 

EDIT - Hah, was looking for something on the forum and there's just a near decade of posts by me going "Die, Tobin ya bastard". Can't mind if I mentioned it to you, Sean, but when Tobin was doing small handyman jobs, he used a friend of the familys name as an alias, they'd met through Glasgow churches where Tobin was posing as a recovering alcoholic trying to rebuild his life or some shite like that. So they had the police at their door for questions early in the murder case, and the shock of that did for them, they keeled over at work a few weeks later. It's way down his list of crimes, yes, but I'll be having a celebratory drink when this fucker dies.

Would Micheline Presle qualify for the DL? She’s relatively famous internationally, not on a major scale, but Michel Bouquet got a BBC obit, so I’d expect Presle to get one too. An icon of French cinema and today still holding at 99 years of age.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, drol said:

Great idea. But still no hits after a month!

Would add to that list:

11. Wang Huo (1924) vs Ma Shitu (1915)
12. Tin Oo (1927) vs Jimmy Carter (1924)

As for the predictions of surivors:

1. Violeta Chamorro

2. Jiang Zemin

3. Fauja Singh

4. Kane Tanaka

5. Bhuddadeb Bhattacharjee

6. Sidney Cooke

7. Nikolai Ryzkhov

8. Wan Haifeng

9. Agnes Keleti

10. Leslie Phillips

11. Wang Huo