Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

It’s amazing that June Spencer hasn’t been called up yet. She would have to meet the DL criteria, especially since she is biggest in the UK.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

It’s amazing that June Spencer hasn’t been called up yet. She would have to meet the DL criteria, especially since she is biggest in the UK.

She is famous enough.Death will be reported by all major news sources amongst others and will make news bulletins in the same way Norman Painting did in 2009.

• Like 2

On 23/04/2022 at 11:45, drol said:

As for the predictions of survivors:

1. Violeta Chamorro

2. Jiang Zemin

3. Fauja Singh

4. Kane Tanaka

5. Bhuddadeb Bhattacharjee

6. Sidney Cooke

7. Nikolai Ryzkhov

8. Wan Haifeng

9. Agnes Keleti

10. Leslie Phillips

11. Wang Huo

12. Tin Oo

Homer Bushes GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

He may not pass the famousness test but in case he does, 84-yr-old Harris Yulin (Scarface, Clear and Present Danger, Bean) may be one to consider for future years...

My pick has to be Lamar Odom Former NBA Basketball Player For The Heat,Lakers,Mavs And the Clippers

incase anyone is wondering why him even tho he’s ok dude had fucking 6 strokes and 12 heart attacks so it’s obvious why I picked him 

Not a DL-worthy name, but will definitely Q/O: Chilean movie director Alejandro Jodorowsky (1929). He took a break from work and from his social media until 21 April because of doctor's orders (something to do with his eyes) but announced on the supposed day of return he had to extend the break until May.
And on recent videos he's either sitting down or only walks a short distance before he goes back to sitting down.

I may be looking too much into this one (and I probably am), but he will turn 94 in February next year regardless.

• Like 2

Good call DoorSlammer. I'm not sure if it's just the circles I'm in but Jodorowsky seems quite a big name to me. I can't see why he shouldn't be Deathlisty. 

1 hour ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Good call DoorSlammer. I'm not sure if it's just the circles I'm in but Jodorowsky seems quite a big name to me. I can't see why he shouldn't be Deathlisty. 

Same here, i think he is deathlisty, I remember seeing his name a lot last year since people were talking about his version of Dune that was never realeased.

Listening to an interview with Jon Anderson of Yes. His voice hasn't been what it was in his prime for a while, but it was so weak here I could barely make out what he was saying. Maybe one to watch, alas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, msc said:

Listening to an interview with Jon Anderson of Yes. His voice hasn't been what it was in his prime for a while, but it was so weak here I could barely make out what he was saying. Maybe one to watch, alas.

Picked him a few times for my TOTP team. History of illness but still alive. 

Alas. :D

Only kidding, like his 80s stuff muchly.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

Maybe I'm just (greatly) underestimating his fame. I know Jodorowsky and his movies are greatly loved within movie circles but comparing him to (past) DL picks like Godard and Bergman I'm not sure if he has the same amount of fame as those two and is considered famous enough for the Committee to pick or know him.

iirc, Jodorowsky and Patricia Routledge were both born on exactly the same day, and I wouldn't be surprised to see either get a DL call up next year. Don't think they ever worked together on-screen though.

• Like 1

I might have mentioned him before in this thread, but:

Constantine II, the former King of Greece.

Strong DL potential as he's been in failing health for years. Heart attacks, strokes, most recently severe pneumonia and pulmonary edema in December. Not sure if he's appeared in public this year and failed to attend Prince Philip's memorial service a month ago. 

October 2021:

constantineii.thumb.jpg.1ac337199010e01223261a23c199ab4e.jpg

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, arghton said:

I might have mentioned him before in this thread, but:

Constantine II, the former King of Greece.

Strong DL potential as he's been in failing health for years. Heart attacks, strokes, most recently severe pneumonia and pulmonary edema in December. Not sure if he's appeared in public this year and failed to attend Prince Philip's memorial service a month ago. 

October 2021:

constantineii.thumb.jpg.1ac337199010e01223261a23c199ab4e.jpg

Great choice by you most likely going to go next year. It will be sad since it would be the Last Greek King which will be the last of the thousands of years of monarchy in Greece.

Speaking about “Monarchs” (the Pope is the King of the Vatican) I want to suggest Pope Francis he recently tore a ligament in his left knee which will reduce his mobility a ton. He also canceled appointments due to this. I’ve provided a picture with him needed to walk with assistance. https://www.ncronline.org/news/vatican/pope-francis-suspends-appointments-medical-check-ups

D5E3140B-0A1A-418E-AA16-67B388E3701A.png

Edited by Insane
Forgot to provide a news article

I know a lot of people get exercised by fame criteria about who should be included next year and argue endlessly about British Soap Stars, Radio Presenters and US Game Show hosts and my own bone of contention Wrestlers but the range of other games that are played here is where you have the opportunity to promote the less well known picks

When I play the Deathlist cup I will look up any of my opponents picks who I do not know and if I feel they have some significance I may add them to my long list

In the Inverse Deathlist if there is a name who makes it to the Drop Fifty who I am not aware of then it is probably a good bet that they are one to avoid as they are probably seriously on the way out

Before he came to prominence here I had no idea who Bob Barker was but now I accept him totally as a legitimate target and will also play him.

Also as we have no direct influence with the committee I think they would probably react better to seeing names circulating in competition rather than statements to the effect that if they do not inlcude xxxx in 2023 they are a clueless bunch of morons

Advent Avalanche always comes at a good time for the committee as well

• Like 5

Dunno where else to post this but...

Miles Routledge, self-obsessed nut-job fond of war zone selfies is - apparently - skint and stuck in Pakistan and fearful for his future. Supposedly went there to "rescue" a guy who helped him on a previous visit and was stiffed when his target decided not to leave. Notable that the story quotes no other witnesses other than Miles himself. Also notable that it's allowed the Daily Star to devote to many words to something that doesn't involve aliens. 

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/brit-who-goes-warzones-fun-26807076?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=star_main&fbclid=IwAR0LCQb0ZppzRREYutvMC7YpoSVmhyEYcklCUxkAn6OZRRtHb4P2iURESew

Is John Williams likely to keel over any time soon? I was saying to people that they need to be quick with finishing the indiana Jones movie for that reason. Just as they will be screwed he's responsible for all the music as most people know :facepalm:

Roy Hodgson has looked awful for some time now, apparently been ill recently and not well enough to conduct pre or post match interviews after Watford match and went home poorly from training earlier in week for first time in 40 plus year managerial career. Apparently Doctors are unsure what is up with him could be something or nothing this time (probably exhaustion in my opinion as he is too old now to be a Premier League manager) and 2023 might be a stretch but doubt he will make it to 80 and he will be 76 next year maybe 2023 will be when the final whistle sounds for Roy. 

On 26/04/2022 at 12:44, YoungWillz said:

Picked him a few times for my TOTP team. History of illness but still alive. 

Alas. :D

Only kidding, like his 80s stuff muchly.

He's okay but he is the owner of a lonely heart :wub:

• Like 1

On 26/04/2022 at 11:10, msc said:

I think part of the issue with his voice is actually down to his hearing being shot and him being unable to pitch what he says, or sings too easily. Talking, apparently, is harder than singing in such circumstances. He's so conscious of not wanting to shout (bless his little hippy nature) that he tends to go too far the other way. Or summat.

Oh aye, and I'm fairly sure he's asthmatic 

5 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Boxing Promoter Don King

Turns 91 in August. Will obit almost everywhere

• Like 1
  • Haha 1