Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

18 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Boxing Promoter Don King

Turns 91 in August. Will obit almost everywhere

If they bury him standing up and near the surface they can save on anyone bringing flowers!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/04/2022 at 11:10, msc said:

Listening to an interview with Jon Anderson of Yes. His voice hasn't been what it was in his prime for a while, but it was so weak here I could barely make out what he was saying. Maybe one to watch, alas.

Jon is now 77 and finished a short solo tour in April which could have been a factor. Anyone who writes Anderson off understimates his ability to survive major health problems.

Major respiratory issues in the noughties nearly killed him and he had multiple operations. Yes then went on tour with singers from two tribute bands.

Jon recovered miraculously to tour with Trevor Rabin and Rick Wakeman before the pandemic struck. I saw the band a few times on those tours. They played two hour sets of outstanding quality!  His voice and physical strength were amazing for a man in his seventies.

Long live the King of Prog!

Not sure how KC is considered rap, but he now has a rap sheet. (I recognise this says Kidd with two Ds but I see nothing to indicate Kid with one D of Coconuts fame isn’t the same person; please advise).

Rap pioneer Kidd Creole has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for stabbing a homeless man he thought was gay in New York City.  

Nathanial Glover, aka Kidd Creole, 62, stabbed 55-year-old John Jolly in Midtown Manhattan in 2017. Glover was convicted of first-degree manslaughter last month and today was sentenced to 16 years and five years of post-release supervision

Also not sure how long a 62-year old survives as they become newly-introduced to the prison system lifestyle.  Maybe not 2023 but dead by 2026.

Sir Creole 

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Not sure how KC is considered rap, but he now has a rap sheet. (I recognise this says Kidd with two Ds but I see nothing to indicate Kid with one D of Coconuts fame isn’t the same person; please advise).

Rap pioneer Kidd Creole has been sentenced to 16 years in prison for stabbing a homeless man he thought was gay in New York City.  

Nathanial Glover, aka Kidd Creole, 62, stabbed 55-year-old John Jolly in Midtown Manhattan in 2017. Glover was convicted of first-degree manslaughter last month and today was sentenced to 16 years and five years of post-release supervision

Also not sure how long a 62-year old survives as they become newly-introduced to the prison system lifestyle.  Maybe not 2023 but dead by 2026.

Sir Creole 

A simple online search confirms that they are not the same person.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kenny said:

A simple online search confirms that they are not the same person.

Ugh - I did a hard online search. 

Nepal's prime ministers are tough, here's a few of them:

Lokendra Bahadur Chand (Prime Minister 1983-1986, 1990 & 1997) Hernia in 2016

Pushpa Kamal Dahal (Prime Minister 2008-2009, 2016-2017) Food poisoning in 2009, blood pressure-related hospitalisation in 2021, diabetes. Also his wife Sita Dahal suffers from advanced progressive supranuclear palsy.

Madhav Kumar Nepal (Prime Minister 2009-2011) blood pressure-related hospitalisation in 2015, hospitalised with fever in 2019, unspecified illness in 2021. Has suffered from heart problems for over a decade.

Jhala Nath Khanal (Prime Minister 2011) blood pressure-related hospitalisation around 2011, another in 2020, hospitalised in march 2021, hospitalised with covid in may 2021, "deteriorating" and on oxygen with kidney problems, chronic pneumonia in june 2021, kidney transplant in august 2021.

Baburam Bhattarai (Prime Minister 2011-2013) Hospitalised in march 2020, hospitalised in february 2021, tumor surgery in april 2021. Was also already reported suffering from high BP/heart problems a decade ago.

KP Sharma Oli (Prime Minister 2015-2016, 2018-2021) Hospitalised every four months for different reasons that have this far included pneumonia, chest pain, kidney problems, checkups, increased heart rate etc. He has also had atleast two kidney transplants. 

Sir John Curtice the renowned psephologist looked very ill on the local election coverage . He looked extremely thin and his voice seemed weaker than usual as if he is battling a terminal disease. 

Norman Lear turns 100 this year

10 hours ago, Eastend said:

Sir John Curtice the renowned psephologist looked very ill on the local election coverage . He looked extremely thin and his voice seemed weaker than usual as if he is battling a terminal disease. 

A mere 68 years old, mind. Hard to judge if people are covering elections because that's a job demanding lack of sleep. Was watching him whilst in the gym this morning and he did look rough, but no worse than someone staggering off a Sydney to London flight (several of whom I saw just over a week back).

Perhaps alarm bells should be ringing for James Bolam after Dennis Waterman’s unexpected death this week. I thought Bolam would be the first of the original New Tricks lineup to go.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Perhaps alarm bells should be ringing for James Bolam after Dennis Waterman’s unexpected death this week. I thought Bolam would be the first of the original New Tricks lineup to go.

Grandpa in My Casket!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Nobel Vega (1930) Cuban actor, media personality. Stroke, alzheimer's for over 3 years and other health problems

Tempt One/Tony Quan (1967?) Graffiti artist, bedbound with ALS and locked-in syndrome for over 12 years.

Pasqual Maragall (1941) Spanish politician, alzheimer's for 15 years.

Oscar Wyatt (1924) US millionaire, founder of Coastal Corporation. Obese, nearly 98, suffered a debilitating stroke in 2008 and has wheelchairbound since.

Swaroopanand Saraswati (1924) Hindu leader, obese, heart problems and hospitalised in "deteriorating" condition with breathing problems in January 2020.

Ilia II of Georgia (1933) Catholicos-Patriarch of All Georgia since 1977. Suffering from heart problems for decades, parkinson's for over 8 years. He was also in ICU in 2017 after someone tried to poison him, but killing an incredibly frail religious leader isn't easy.

Singer Halsey has been diagnosed with at least 4 different autoimmune conditions recently (POTS and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome being the most serious of these) and potentially has a 5th, she has also suffered from multiple bouts of Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reactions) and claims she has been sick for "most of her adult life", but that things have worsened since the birth of her son. She still claims her concert tour will go ahead, but let's see what happens.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/halsey-health-issues-tour-dates-1351498/

• Shocked 1

17 hours ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

Singer Halsey has been diagnosed with at least 4 different autoimmune conditions recently (POTS and Mast Cell Activation Syndrome being the most serious of these) and potentially has a 5th, she has also suffered from multiple bouts of Anaphylaxis (severe allergic reactions) and claims she has been sick for "most of her adult life", but that things have worsened since the birth of her son. She still claims her concert tour will go ahead, but let's see what happens.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/halsey-health-issues-tour-dates-1351498/

She isn't going to keel over anytime soon and has Hollywood money to go anywhere in the world to get treatment.

John Glen director of 5 Bond films and editor of another 3. 

Turned 90 today. Bond twitter account wishing him a Happy Birthday is what brought him to my attention. One of those I thought had died already

I'd would be almost certain he'll get a QO somewhere

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

John Glen director of 5 Bond films and editor of another 3. 

Turned 90 today. Bond twitter account wishing him a Happy Birthday is what brought him to my attention. One of those I thought had died already

I'd would be almost certain he'll get a QO somewhere

A DDP pick in 2022.

I know this, because I picked him!

• Like 1

There seems to be a concerted effort NOT to bother Caroline Watt (agent for Rebecca Vardy) as the current libel trial grinds on. Vardy's arguments about her innocence in leaking stories revolve around Watt being the potential source and the dipshit stories about the way key items of evidence have been lost include the surreal cracker that involves Watt dropping a phone packed with key evidence in the North Sea by accident. Watt is absent from the proceedings for "medical reasons" (the state of her mental health being the most commonly stated health issue, though there are rumours of a car accident). Either way, likely worth flagging it up, if she's so fragile even The Sun won't doorstep her, she must be in a terrible state.

nfl-football-player-jj-watt-and-tennis-p

• Like 1

South Korea's "National Singing Contest" has a 95-year old host, MC Song Hae:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Song_Hae

He's now been hospitalised but is not yet critical and the whole nation wonders if he has to resign:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/05/95-years-old-veteran-mc-song-hae-hospitalized-due-to-health-issues

• Like 2

It has been noted on Wikipedia that former first lady of France  Bernadette Chirac has not been seen in public  since 2019,  the year her husband former french President Jacques Chirac  died. Part of the explanation for that is bound to be the  covid pandemic but all the same it might be useful information worth highlighting to deadpoolers .

• Like 1

Theme team possibilities for 2023: Gris Gris call-up for Alexandra Hall Hall?

image.png.df461ef0af00c9751359e297c54b19b3.png

• Thanks 1

It might be too late to contribute to 2023, but I started making a yearly list of my own, and this is what I have so far

1. Eugenia Cooney
2. Nigel Starmer-Smith
3. Queen Elizabeth II
4. Linda Nolan
5. Prunella Scales
6. Marsha Hunt
7. June Spencer
8. John Cleese
9. Tammy Slaton
10. Keith Ape
11. Ayman Al Zawahiri
12. Shane MacGowan
13. Bob Barker
14. Harry Belafonte
15. Jimmy Carter
16. Mikhail Gorbachev
17. Emperor Akihito
18. Jean Marie Le Penn
19. Bill Treacher
20. Julie Andrews
21. Stanley Baxter
22. Timothy West
23. Vessa Matti Loiri
24. Olivia Newton John
25. Michael Schumacher
26. Celine Dion
27. Pelé
28. Elton John
29. Berry Gordy Jr
30. Willie Nelson
31. William russell
32. Patricia Routledge
33. Kim Woodburn

Eugenia Cooney is a must if she lives beyond 2022. She is skeletal if you look at her most recent Instagram pictures.

Just to compare (eating disorder TW btw):

June 2020

June 2021

May 2022

• Like 1