Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

On 06/05/2022 at 11:13, Captain Hemlock said:

Tony Dow, Wally Cleaver on Leave it To Beaver, another one who hasn't made August: 

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Tony Dow, Wally Cleaver on Leave it To Beaver, another one who hasn't made August: 

:clivedunn:

1 minute ago, drol said:

:clivedunn:

:clivedunn::clivedunn::clivedunn:!!!!!!!!!

Within 5 minutes and I get this....sigh. Seen worse not get a Clive, of course, but some folk like their post count up I guess. Obviously all quiet on the Eurasian politics front....:lol:

Touchy as usual!

It happens with everyone when they are ninja'd by someone else and no one ever complains. It has become a tradition.

And yes, all quiet cause these fuckers never die!

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Touchy as usual!

It happens with everyone when they are ninja'd by someone else and no one ever complains. It has become a tradition.

And yes, all quiet cause these fuckers never die!

It doesn't. I've seen posts 20 minutes up to an hour after unClived. But I'm liking ajlposh's post anyhoo...:P 

Also, my post is searchable, searching is what I did before I posted and surprise I found nothing.

• Like 1

Tony Dow is still alive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, drol said:

Tony Dow is still alive.

He won’t be tomorrow though 

7 minutes ago, drol said:

Tony Dow is still alive.

Dow but not out.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, time said:

Dow but not out.

This is the first time I've seen the NYT retract an obituary.   I don't know if they are less punctilious than in the past, or if there's a failure to communicate between the Dow household and the rest of the world.

2 hours ago, time said:

Dow but not out.

The actors playing Cleaver children have a history of not staying dead. Jerry Mathers was resurrected after being killed in Vietnam.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doulton said:

This is the first time I've seen the NYT retract an obituary.   I don't know if they are less punctilious than in the past, or if there's a failure to communicate between the Dow household and the rest of the world.

I was going to say some of both, but the more I look into this the more it just seems like miscommunication: his wife believed that he had died this morning and told this to his management team. The editor's note the NYT ran says that they used the Facebook post as confirmation, but CNN's article on Dow says that his spokespeople were sending out his death announcement to media outlets.

I know the NYT has at least a stated policy of explicitly saying who they got direct confirmation of someone’s death from (family member/rep/etc), but even if they had for Dow instead of just using the FB post, I don’t think that it would have changed anything in this case. The people they would have sought confirmation from thought he had died.

Seems similar to what happened with Tanya Roberts. Imagine he dies this week. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

As  understand it, they took it back- Tony Dow hasn't died quite yet, but he is in hospice and is expected to die very soon- those guys jumped the gun! I bet he'll die within the next hours or day though-

• Facepalm 2

51 minutes ago, chiesa52 said:

As  understand it, they took it back- Tony Dow hasn't died quite yet, but he is in hospice and is expected to die very soon- those guys jumped the gun! I bet he'll die within the next hours or day though-

And that makes him a candidate for 2023 how?

Left is the Beaver of the Cleavers.

Ana Ofelia Murguia- The Actress who voiced "Mama Coco" in the film Coco turns 90 next year

• Like 1

On 28/07/2022 at 22:26, Summer in Transylvania said:

Would anyone care to include Lin-Manuel Miranda? He had a massive fit in 2015, which one of his mates filmed and dubbed Hamilton.

Healthy as far as I know. Still making movies/shows and very active on social media promoting stuff.

Edie McClurg, known for Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and playing Herb Tarlek’s wife on WKRP in Cincinnati is battling dementia and could be 2023’s version of Nichelle Nichols with her personal life.

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/ferris-bueller-actress-edie-mcclurg-a-victim-of-elder-abuse-family-claims/?sr_share=facebook&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&utm_campaign=SocialFlow&fbclid=IwAR1UqsUk_l5PFmLlM5bQlpiyB0up3vzVGVLmxmX3Psgtf5YBHX6qj8viyMs&fs=e&s=cl

• Sad 2

Final got around to reading Kliph Nesterhoff's We Had A Little Real Estate Problem, the definitive history of native American comedy. Anyway, one name interviewed throughout is Jackie Curtiss, who is a nightmare to Google for because of Jackie Curtis the Warhol muse. Curtiss had a lengthy comedy career, was one of the first Native Americans to appear regularly on US TV but is seemingly forgotten nowadays by the internet (doesn't even get a Wikipedia page). He's 96 and still alive by the looks of things, if you fancy a punt...

• Like 1