Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

Alain Delon is also a very big must for the 2023 DL. Not only because of much speculation suggesting he has wanted to end his life for years but also because basically every other French male actor and director from his era is now dead. And what a big miss Delon would be...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

I couldn’t agree more; Jones is a must for the 2023 DL. And if the DL would like to include another old male Hollywood name next year, may I suggest Robert Wagner? A cinema icon from the 1950s onwards, he would be too big to miss (like Jones) and I see him going at 93 for some reason. And for a third male Hollywood type, Jack Nicholson wouldn’t be a bad 2023 DL inclusion.

On female Hollywood types, Joanne Woodward must return and Eva Marie Saint and Glynis Johns must be introduced on the 2023 DL. If room, maybe Lee Grant as well...

3 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Alain Delon is also a very big must for the 2023 DL. Not only because of much speculation suggesting he has wanted to end his life for years but also because basically every other French male actor and director from his era is now dead. And what a big miss Delon would be...

Can't have a hit with every famous person

I'd say you'd be lucky to have 2 from all those names. Jack Nicholson and Joanne Woodward are my guesses

• Like 1

People not on this year's list that I think will end up as DL hits, whenever their death may be:

Pope Benedict XVI. 

Joanne Woodward. 

Brian Murphy. 

William Roache. 

James Hong. 

James Earl Jones. 

Frank Field. 

Clint Eastwood. 

Michael Caine. 

Rosey Grier. 

Pope Francis. 

Gina Lollobrigda. 

Willie Nelson. 

Jane Fonda.

Pervez Musharraf. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

People not on this year's list that I think will end up as DL hits, whenever their death may be:

Pope Benedict XVI. 

Joanne Woodward. 

Brian Murphy. 

William Roache. 

James Hong. 

James Earl Jones. 

Frank Field. 

Clint Eastwood. 

Michael Caine. 

Rosey Grier. 

Pope Francis. 

I’d add Gina Lollobrigida and Willie Nelson to that list.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

I’d add Gina Lollobrigida and Willie Nelson to that list.

Done. Added Jane Fonda, too.

Not going to add Glynis Johns, because while I think she should be on the DL, whether she will is another matter.

10 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Pope Benedict XVI. 

Joanne Woodward. 

Brian Murphy. 

William Roache. 

James Hong. 

James Earl Jones. 

Frank Field. 

Clint Eastwood. 

Michael Caine. 

Rosey Grier. 

Pope Francis. 

Gina Lollobrigda. 

Willie Nelson. 

Jane Fonda. 

I had to Google Rosey Grier and I am none the wiser

May be too US centric for the DL

7 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

True, that was the one that I think is the least DL-y, but he had a successful American Football Career and, following that, worked as a bodyguard for RFK, present at the assassination, and was the subduer of Sirhan Sirhan. I think that he meets the fame criteria, albeit only just. 

• Like 1

Just now, Summer in Transylvania said:

True, that was the one that I think is the least DL-y, but he had a successful American Football Career and, following that, worked as a bodyguard for RFK, present at the assassination, and was the subduer of Sirhan Sirhan. I think that he meets the fame criteria, albeit only just. 

He will obit for certain but he is one for those game players not the main DL

55 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I knew who he is, but only because I came across a mention of him somewhere a year or two ago (not on this forum) and looked him up because he sounded interesting.

Not least because of his sewing activities!  https://www.maharam.com/stories/boyer_dual-threat-the-needlepoint-of-rosey-grier

• Like 2

Bertrand Cantat, singer of Noir Désir (french well known group) who murdered his mistress and actress Marie Trintignant (daughter of Jean Louis) in 2003 might be someone to keep an eye on : alcoholic, drug addict etc… 

edit : don’t know if you’ve ever heard about Marie Trintignant’s death but it’s a sad story of domestic violence, it’s a big part of french « culture » and is still often talked about in news 

edit 2 : just found out that his first wife Kristina Rady (whom he cheated on with Marie Trintignant) died in 2010 from suicide apparently. There is doubt though cause prior to her death, she told everyone around her that Cantat was violent with her since his release from prison…

Jean Marsh.

88 with a dodgy ticker.

You heard it here first.

Carl Douglas does seem to be a little bit reclusive. He's the guy who sang "EVERYBODY WAS KUNG FU FIGHTIIIIIIIIIIIING" and he hasn't really been seen in public recently. He did an interview recently, but I didn't see his face in there. He's 80 years old. His most recent statement:

“I feel blessed to have reached this milestone and wish everybody good health and happiness.“

Anyway I hope he's doing okay. He's a great singer.

• Like 4

On 19/09/2022 at 01:05, arghton said:

Old (85+)/ill celeb birthdays for form spotting etc pt. 3 a bit early so that I won't forget , especially October (1st, 16th,)seems to have a lot of interesting birthdays. 

28 September: Marian Fuks, 108, Lim Tze Peng, 101, William Leuchtenburg, 100, Nikolai Ryzhkov, 93, Jeremy Isaacs, 90, Joe Benton, 89, Brigitte Bardot, 88, Bruce Crampton and David Hannay, Baron Hannay, 87, Alice Mahon, 85, Milos Zeman, 78

29 September: Pete McCloskey, 95, Richard Bonynge, 92, Paul Oestreicher, 91, Robert Benton, 90, Lance Gibbs, 88, Jerry Lee Lewis, 87, Silvio Berlusconi, 86, Lech Wałęsa, 79

30 September: Juliette Bilde, 113, Angie Dickinson, 91, Cissy Houston and Michel Aoun, 89, Johnny Mathis, 87

1 October: Chen Ning-Yang, 100 (or 22 Sept?), Jimmy Carter, 98, Sandy Gall, 95, Julie Andrews, 87

2 October: Ivy Dumont, 92, Maury Willis, 90, Richard Scott, Baron Scott of Foscote, 88, Dick Barnett, 86

3 October: Shridath Ramphal, 94, Glenn Hall, 91, Sir Terence English, 90, Neale Fraser, 89, Charles Duke, 87, Steve Reich, 86

4 October: Charles Burrell, 102, Torben Ulrich, 94, Sam Huff, 88

5 October: Neal Ascherson, 90

6 October: Robert Kuok, 99, Hu Qili, 93, Michael Hardie Boys and Eileen Derbyshire, 91, Prince Mukarram Jah, 89, Melvyn Bragg, 83

7 October: Julian Thompson, 88, Thomas Keneally, 87, Vladimir Putin, 70 (hopefully someone will blow his brains out as a birthday present)

8 October: Neil Harvey, 94, Betty Boothroyd, 93, Faith Ringgold, 92, Ray Reardon, 90, Rona Barrett, 86

9 October: Li Dak-sum, 102, Bill Tidy, 89, Abdullah Ibrahim, 88, Prince Edward, Duke of Kent and Don McCullin, 87, Brian Blessed, 86

10 October: Zou Yu, 102, Edna Child, 100, Judith Chalmers, 87, Gerhard Ertl, 86

11 October: Barry Jones, 90, Bobby Charlton, 85, Amitabh Bachchan, 80

12 October: Ned Jarrett and John Moffat, 90, Tony Kubek, Sam Moore and Shivraj Patil, 87, Carlos the Jackal, 73

13 October: Terry Gibbs, 98, Nana Mouskouri, 88, Etterlene DeBarge, 87, Bruce Morrow, 80-something

14 October: Joyce Bryant, 94/95, Farah Pahlavi, 84, Sir Cliff Richard, 82

15 October: L. P., 114, Nicola Mancino and Pauline Perry, Baroness Perry of Southwark, 91, Barry McGuire, Willie O'Ree and Dick McTaggart, 87, Linda Lavin, 85, Neophyte of Bulgaria, 77

16 October: Lubomír Štrougal, 98, Angela Lansbury, 97, Charles Dolan, 96, Fernanda Montenegro, 93, Carmen Sevilla, 92, Nobuyo Ōyama, 89

17 October: Yang You, 105, Edel Hætta Eriksen, 101, Angel Wagenstein, 100, William Anders, 89, Alan Garner, 88, Michael Eavis, 87

18 October: Dick Tarverne, 94, Violeta Chamorro, 93, Flora Fraser, 21st Lady Saltoun, 92, Vytautas Landsbergis, 90, Mike Ditka, 83

19 October: Ebrahim Golestan, 100, Pierre Alechinsky, 95, Brian Booth, 89, Yakubu Gowon, 88, Peter Max, 85, Michael Gambon, 82

20 October: James C. Floyd, 108, Gaositwe Chiepe, 100, V. S. Achuthanandan, 99, Barrie Chase, 89, Wanda Jackson and Juan Marichal, 85

21 October: Joyce Randolph and Driss Guiga, 98, Virginia Zeani, 97, Ivan Silayev, 92, Maureen Duffy, 89 

22 October: Estela de Carlotto, 92, Peter Cook, 86, José Larralde, 85, Joaquim Chissano, 83, Catherine Deneuve, 79

23 October: Ned Rorem, 99, Zhu Rongji, 94, Luis Alarcón, 93, Chi-Chi Rodríguez, 87, Charles Goodhart and Philip Kaufman, 86, Pelé, 82

24 October: Johan Galtung, 92, Norman Rush, 89, Mark Tully, 87, Bill Wyman, 86 

25 October: Paul Mwazha, 104?, Marion Ross, 94, Vitold Fokin, 90, Rusty Schweickart, 87

26 October: Juli Lynne Charlot and Ágnes Bartha, 100, Hans-Joachim Roedelius, 88

27 October: Paul Fox, 97, Gilles Vigneault, 94, Maurice Robert Johnston, 93, Giorgos Konstantinou, 88, Mauricio de Sousa, 87, John Cleese, 83

Chris Tarrant will be 76 on 10th October

French icon Anouk Aimée, Who starred in La Dolce Vita, Un Homme et une Femme and Lola (amongst others) turned 90 this year. Maybe one to consider. The equivalent of Claudia Cardinale Who will also deserve consideration soon imo 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

French icon Anouk Aimée, Who starred in La Dolce Vita, Un Homme et une Femme and Lola (amongst others) turned 90 this year. Maybe one to consider. The equivalent of Claudia Cardinale Who will also deserve consideration soon imo 

French icon, Yvonne Furneaux, who also starred in La Dolce Vita, turned 96 this year. Definitely one to consider.

• Like 1

Thoughts of what the 2023 DeathList will look like at this rate

Carry overs

Dick Van Dyke

Henry Kissinger

Angela Lansbury 

Bob Barker

Alan Greenspan

Nigel Starmer-Smith

Loretta Lynn

Jimmy Carter

Tony Bennett 

Harry Belafonte 

Mel Brooks

David Attenborough 

Emperor Akihito 

Leslie Phillips

Rosalynn Carter

Sandy Gall

Ted Kaczynski 

Jean-Marie Le Pen

Cleo Laine

Jacques Delors

Prunella Scales

Stanley Baxter

Pelé

Joss Ackland

Shane MacGowan 

Returnees

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Pope Benedict 

Barbara Walters

Joanne Woodward 

Bob Newhart

General Pervez Musharraf

Yoko Ono

Willie Nelson

Vanessa Redgrave

Liza Minnelli 

New additions

Giorgio Napolitano 

John Farnham

Glynis Johns

James Watson

Jiang Zemin

Frank Field

Gina Lollobrigida 

June Spencer

Joan Plowright 

George Soros

Gene Hackman

James Earl Jones

Buzz Aldrin

Jack Nicholson 

Peter Tobin

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

Thoughts of what the 2023 DeathList will look like at this rate

Carry overs

Dick Van Dyke

Henry Kissinger

Angela Lansbury 

Bob Barker

Alan Greenspan

Nigel Starmer-Smith

Loretta Lynn

Jimmy Carter

Tony Bennett 

Harry Belafonte 

Mel Brooks

David Attenborough 

Emperor Akihito 

Leslie Phillips

Rosalynn Carter

Sandy Gall

Ted Kaczynski 

Jean-Marie Le Pen

Cleo Laine

Jacques Delors

Prunella Scales

Stanley Baxter

Pelé

Joss Ackland

Shane MacGowan 

Returnees

Ayatollah Ali Khamenei

Pope Benedict 

Barbara Walters

Joanne Woodward 

Bob Newhart

General Pervez Musharraf

Yoko Ono

Willie Nelson

Vanessa Redgrave

Liza Minnelli 

New additions

Giorgio Napolitano 

John Farnham

Glynis Johns

James Watson

Jiang Zemin

Frank Field

Gina Lollobrigida 

June Spencer

Joan Plowright 

George Soros

Gene Hackman

James Earl Jones

Buzz Aldrin

Jack Nicholson 

Peter Tobin

Keeping Loretta Lynn, Akihito, Scales and Joss Ackland over Noam Chomsky, Milan Kundera, Faithfull and Bucharach ? Hum… choices !

Also, agree with your returnees but instead of Musharraf and Redgrave I would have prefered Nigel Lawson and Tina Turner 

for the newcomers, I love your suggestions but I think there is better picks (and frailer) than Farnham, Watson, Spencer and Plowright. Nicholson is a good addition but I think he has a few more years to live 

anyway all this is my own opinion :)

6 hours ago, The Daredevil said:
9 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

French icon, Yvonne Furneaux, who also starred in La Dolce Vita, turned 96 this year. Definitely one to consider.

French icon, Leslie Caron, who starred in An American in Paris, Father Goose, Gigi (amongst others) turned 91 this year, so another one to consider!

• Like 2

Cecilia Suyat Marshall is still alive at 94. US civil rights activist, widow of Thurgood Marshall (1908-1993), first black US supreme court justice 1967-1991. She already looked quite frail six years ago (video from July 2016):

• Like 2

4 hours ago, arghton said:

widow of Thurgood Marshall (1908-1993), first black US supreme court justice 1967-1993.

Minor correction: he served until 1991; it's why his replacement was Clarence Thomas. Had he clung to the seat till his death in 1993, his replacement would have been a more competent person.

• Like 1

For what its  worth I thought it was worth mentioning that the wife of Lee Majors hasn't posted a picture on her Instagram that features her famous husband since May last year.. Her habit prior to this was to post current pictures of him quite frequently.There could be many explanations for this but I felt it worth mentioning to deadpoolers. 

So, here's one to test the limitations of the various dead pool rules. 41 year old Emma Fisher, terminally ill but just chosen by Adidas as the face of a campaign promoting a clothing range from which some profits will fund cancer research. Clearly FFBI but also clearly doing a job and young enough to be a high score in the DDP. 

Just thought I'd - like - kick off the debate, or summat - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-63095279

• Like 1

A hypothetical 2023 list I made:

1. Henry Kissinger (2)

2. Angela Lansbury (3)

3. Glynis Johns (NEW)

4. Bob Barker (4)

5. Nigel Starmer-Smith (6)

6. Jimmy Carter (9)

7. Leslie Phillips (19)

8. Alan Greenspan (5)

9. Eva Marie Saint (NEW)

10. Dick Van Dyke (1)

11. Tony Bennett (10)

12. Mel Brooks (14)

13. Harry Belafonte (13)

14. Rob Burrow (NEW)

15. Pope Benedict XVI (-)

16. Joanne Woodward (-)

17. Jacques Delors (30)

18. David Graham (NEW)

19. Stanley Baxter (35)

20. Sandy Gall (21)

21. Gudrun Ure (NEW)

22. Barbara Walters (-)

23. James Whale (26)

24. Rosalynn Carter (20)

25. Noam Chomsky (37)

26. Jean-Marie Le Pen (24)

27. David Attenborough (17)

28. Ian Hamilton (NEW)

29. Tom Lehrer (NEW)
30. James Watson (NEW)

31. Ted Kaczynski (23)

32. Cleo Laine (27)

33. Pele (41)

34. Desmond Morris (22)

35. James Earl Jones (NEW)

36. Winnie Ewing (NEW)

37. Shannen Doherty (-)

38. Jerry Lee Lewis (29)

39. Thelma Barlow (NEW)

40. Bob Newhart (-)

41. Linda Nolan (-)

42. Yoko Ono (-)

43. Ted Turner (NEW)

44. Norman Tebbit (39)

45. Pervez Musharraf (-)

46. Jean Marsh (NEW)

47. Nigel Lawson (-)

48. Rex Williams (-)

49. Peter Tobin (NEW)

50. Vladimir Putin (NEW)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

A hypothetical 2023 list I made:

1. Henry Kissinger (2)

2. Angela Lansbury (3)

3. Glynis Johns (NEW)

4. Bob Barker (4)

5. Nigel Starmer-Smith (6)

6. Jimmy Carter (9)

7. Leslie Phillips (19)

8. Alan Greenspan (5)

9. Eva Marie Saint (NEW)

10. Dick Van Dyke (1)

11. Tony Bennett (10)

12. Mel Brooks (14)

13. Harry Belafonte (13)

14. Rob Burrow (NEW)

15. Pope Benedict XVI (-)

16. Joanne Woodward (-)

17. Jacques Delors (30)

18. David Graham (NEW)

19. Stanley Baxter (35)

20. Sandy Gall (21)

21. Gudrun Ure (NEW)

22. Barbara Walters (-)

23. James Whale (26)

24. Rosalynn Carter (20)

25. Noam Chomsky (37)

26. Jean-Marie Le Pen (24)

27. David Attenborough (17)

28. Ian Hamilton (NEW)

29. Tom Lehrer (NEW)
30. James Watson (NEW)

31. Ted Kaczynski (23)

32. Cleo Laine (27)

33. Pele (41)

34. Desmond Morris (22)

35. James Earl Jones (NEW)

36. Winnie Ewing (NEW)

37. Shannen Doherty (-)

38. Jerry Lee Lewis (29)

39. Thelma Barlow (NEW)

40. Bob Newhart (-)

41. Linda Nolan (-)

42. Yoko Ono (-)

43. Ted Turner (-)

44. Norman Tebbit (39)

45. Pervez Musharraf (-)

46. Jean Marsh (NEW)

47. Nigel Lawson (-)

48. Rex Williams (-)

49. Peter Tobin (NEW)

50. Vladimir Putin (NEW)

With all the mysterious rumours about Putin’s ill health, he is probably bound to make the 2023 DL. Eva Marie Saint is also another very likely 2023 DL newcomer.

A few more likely returnees for the 2023 DL (even though I do not necessarily agree with them) are Imelda Marcos, Raul Castro, Louis Farrakhan and Betty Boothroyd.

• Like 2