Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

Former wwf champion and tag team champion The Iron Sheik is in her early 80's and due to his past of alcohol and heavy drugs abuse he could be a shout. He's funny as hell on Twitter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cropsy said:

Former wwf champion and tag team champion The Iron Sheik is in her early 80's and due to his past of alcohol and heavy drugs abuse he could be a shout. He's funny as hell on Twitter.

Well, whoever actually runs his twitter.  It sure as hell isn't him typing those up.  I imagine he's actually in pretty poor health, at this point, so I agree he's one to watch.  He was pissing himself and barely coherent well over a decade ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Salmon Mousse said:

Well, whoever actually runs his twitter.  It sure as hell isn't him typing those up.

I think he has input. He probably tells someone what to type, either way it cracks me up.

• Like 1

Just now, Cropsy said:

I think he has input. He probably tells someone what to type, either way it cracks me up.

It appears to be someone playing Sheik mad libs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/01/2022 at 15:09, Bibliogryphon said:

The in-laws have not been well recently so my wife has been over to help them out with cleaning and stuff but they do watch a lot of daytime TV and when I say David Dickinson the other day my first thought was how old he had begun to look

Good call

Just bumping this up from January, first suggested by @Lord Fellatio Nelson. Caught Dickinson's Real Deal which my dad was watching and there's no doubting David isn't the force of personality he once was anymore. 81 years old, and feels very much like one of those who could drop very suddenly, or go downhill very quickly if he had to stop working. One to watch.

• Like 2

Mohamed Al-Fayed seems to be keeping a very low profile recently and is 94 in January so maybe one to be considered.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, openviews said:

Mohamed Al-Fayed seems to be keeping a very low profile recently and is 94 in January so maybe one to be considered.

Isn't he meant to be dying? On phone so can't be arsed searching for old posts.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2022 at 21:47, Stuart Beck said:

Was looking at some older US political folk and, in my opinion, Joe Lieberman looks quite bad for only just turning 80.

220px-Joe_Lieberman.png

Crikey he is almost unrecognisable.

• Like 2

The youngest confirmed mother in history, Lina Medina, who gave birth to Gerardo Medina on 14th May 1939, aged just 5 years, 7 months, and 21 days, is still alive and 90 next year. A former DDP pick.

• Like 1

I think 92 year old legendary gossip columnist Cindy Adams  who writes for the New York Post is worth consideration and maybe a punt by deadpoolers. 

image.png.a39c69131a554ca2906765c24f7e7a09.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I’m sure this has been mentioned but it’s definitely time for Michael Caine 

I'm not ready yet.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Redrumours said:

I'm not ready yet.

Rage! Rage against the dying of the light!

• Like 4

i’m oblivious of the notability of canadian artists outside of canada, but I was gonna include Gordon Lightfoot as a unique pick on my list.

turns 84 in a few weeks, has suffered from emphysema for years, and has a history of health problems; however, he’s still performing so it seems there may still be life in him yet

• Like 3

John Farnham could very well be positioned at no. 50 on the 2023 DL. After all, quite a few younger musicians have assumed the no. 50 spot in recent years (MacGowan, Johnny Clegg, Mark E Smith). 

• Like 2

On 30/10/2022 at 16:13, wildstorm said:

i’m oblivious of the notability of canadian artists outside of canada, but I was gonna include Gordon Lightfoot as a unique pick on my list.

turns 84 in a few weeks, has suffered from emphysema for years, and has a history of health problems; however, he’s still performing so it seems there may still be life in him yet

Pretty well-known in the UK I would say, and certainly listable. 'If You Could Read my Mind' is a stone cold classic. 

• Like 2

Perfect 2023 list

Keep

DVD 

Kissinger

Barker 

Greenspan

Starmer Smith 

Carter

Bennett

Belafonte 

Mel Brooks

Attenborough

Leslie Philips

Rosalyn Carter

Sandy Gall

Unabomber

Le Pen

Cleo Laine

Jacques Delors

Denis Law

Prunella Scales

Bucharach 

Stanley Baxter

Chomsky

Pelé 

Kundera 

McGowan

Bring Back

Louis Farrakhan 

Liza Minnelli 

Ali Khameney

Nigel Lawson

Jake Roberts

Pope Benedict XVI

Barbara Walters

Willie Nelson

Imelda Marcos

Joanne Woodward

Raul Castro

Bob Newhart

New

Bernadette Chirac 

Robert Solow

Francoise Hardy 

Jiang Zemin 

Giorgio Napolitano 

Rolf Harris 

Pope Francis

Frank Field

Duke of Kent

Frank Gehry

Michael Caine 

Constantin II 

Maggie Smith

(I didn't go for famous suggestions such as Glynis Johns, Iris Apfel or Eva Marie Saint because I believe they're not interested in them but rather took names that I guess deserve their inclusion and are indeed in the committee taste)

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Perfect 2023 list

Keep

DVD 

Kissinger

Barker 

Greenspan

Starmer Smith 

Carter

Bennett

Belafonte 

Mel Brooks

Attenborough

Leslie Philips

Rosalyn Carter

Sandy Gall

Unabomber

Le Pen

Cleo Laine

Jacques Delors

Denis Law

Prunella Scales

Bucharach 

Stanley Baxter

Chomsky

Pelé 

Kundera 

McGowan

Bring Back

Louis Farrakhan 

Liza Minnelli 

Ali Khameney

Nigel Lawson

Jake Roberts

Pope Benedict XVI

Barbara Walters

Willie Nelson

Imelda Marcos

Joanne Woodward

Raul Castro

Bob Newhart

New

Bernadette Chirac 

Robert Solow

Francoise Hardy 

Jiang Zemin 

Giorgio Napolitano 

Rolf Harris 

Pope Francis

Frank Field

Duke of Kent

Frank Gehry

Michael Caine 

Constantin II 

Maggie Smith

(I didn't go for famous suggestions such as Glynis Johns, Iris Apfel or Eva Marie Saint because I believe they're not interested in them but rather took names that I guess deserve their inclusion and are indeed in the committee taste)

I can get the argument that Apfel isn't famous enough for the death list.But Glynis Johns and Eva Marie Saint most certainly are deathlisty names.Both acclaimed actresses with a breadth of notable work over many years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I can get the argument that Apfel isn't famous enough for the death list.But Glynis Johns and Eva Marie Saint most certainly are deathlisty names.Both acclaimed actresses with a breadth of notable work over many years.

I think its more the belief that if the Cmme were going to pick them they would have done, but then, for every name who falls into the cracks like that, I can think of names I thought had long past their DL sell by date who suddenly made their debuts - like Carl Reiner, Luise Rainer and David Rockefeller to name but three.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, msc said:

I think its more the belief that if the Cmme were going to pick them they would have done, but then, for every name who falls into the cracks like that, I can think of names I thought had long past their DL sell by date who suddenly made their debuts - like Carl Reiner, Luise Rainer and David Rockefeller to name but three.

Yeah the committee has its favourites but in the cases mentioned above and others :Schultz ,Bill Gates Sr to name another two were brought in just at the right time.

As Glynis is in a care facility and has been for some time now I think she could well be someone the committee might chose as the did the others mentioned above in years gone by.

• Like 2