Ideas and possibilities for 2023

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

Val Kilmer

Jeff Bridges

Bruce Willis 

Michael Schumacher 

Celine Dion

Not Celine…

also Why Bruce Willis, did I miss something ?

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Not Celine…

also Why Bruce Willis, did I miss something ?

He has aphasia  and had a very painful  to witness on-screen decline before he was retired earlier this year as  his films were being ridiculed and the rumours became too substantial to deny.

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, The Daredevil said:

Val Kilmer

Jeff Bridges

Bruce Willis 

Michael Schumacher 

Celine Dion

Why Jeff Bridges? 

1 hour ago, Steve said:

Why Jeff Bridges? 

Cancer

37 minutes ago, wannamaker said:

Cancer

But Jeff Bridges has survived cancer and COVID. Also back doing a new TV miniseries. Certainly won't be going on my shadow list any time soon. 

34 minutes ago, Steve said:

But Jeff Bridges has survived cancer and COVID. Also back doing a new TV miniseries. Certainly won't be going on my shadow list any time soon. 

And "The Old Man", his interesting thriller series about a former CIA operative who is forced to go on the run after killing an intruder who broke into his house, has been renewed for a second season on FX.

Jeff Bridges has confirmed he's getting ready to start work on the new episodes.

I'm a fan of Jeff Bridges... the announcement is especially good news for his fans.

• Like 1

Elke Sommer turns 82 today. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t she the very last surviving cast member of A Shot in the Dark? And the funny thing is that she could last another 20 years and be another Zsa Zsa. I wouldn’t bet on it though; she could be a good shout for 2023 or 2024. I don’t know about her current health situation but she was a former smoker. “No wonder tabacco companies get rich.”

Ronald Blythe - currently enjoying the final day of his tenth decade, as this most erudite and carefully observed of rural writers would never say - obitable as fuck

importedImage28291_header

• Like 3

11 hours ago, MariNisia said:

And "The Old Man", his interesting thriller series about a former CIA operative who is forced to go on the run after killing an intruder who broke into his house, has been renewed for a second season on FX.

Jeff Bridges has confirmed he's getting ready to start work on the new episodes.

I'm a fan of Jeff Bridges... the announcement is especially good news for his fans.

The Old Man also stars Joel Grey, who gets mentioned often on this forum. I don’t think he’s a good pick for 2023 either.

just found out that Sandra Day O'Connor revealed her dementia diagnosis in 2018. Probably known by a lot of you but at 93 next year, I think she could be a good call for the list.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

just found out that Sandra Day O'Connor revealed her dementia diagnosis in 2018. Probably known by a lot of you but at 93 next year, I think she could be a good call for the list.

She also has been confined to a wheelchair for many years.I believe that was due to physical problems.Good shout as she has had dementia for years which had already progressed to the point where she was unaware of the Kavanaugh hearings in 2018.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

risky pick because i’ve included her on my list for 3 years now, thus granting her immortality. 

• Like 1

Andy Taylor of Duran Duran has stage 4 prostate cancer, looks like one for next year

10 minutes ago, vvmax said:

Andy Taylor of Duran Duran has stage 4 prostate cancer, looks like one for next year

Has had it for four years now so definitely one to consider.

I agree with Sandra Day O'Connor.  Certainly a well known name and dementia typically clocks out at three-years (although my father-in-law lasted for 10, and my mother in-law lasted for six!   Those two .. the total bill for the 'memory care center' got close to $2-million.   Word to the wise: save up or die in the gutter or bankrupt your kids. 

• Like 1

A provisional half 2023 shadow list for me:

1) Henry Kissinger

2) Jimmy Carter

3) Frank Field

4) Linda Nolan

5) Joanne Woodward

6) Glynis Johns

7) James Whale

8) Rolf Harris

9) Barbara Walters

10) Sandy Gall

11) Dennis Skinner

12) George Alagiah

13) Andy Taylor

14) Pope Benedict XVI

15) Buzz Aldrin

16) Ryan O' Neal

17) Willie Nelson

18) Norman Tebbit

19) Pele

20) Jean Marsh

21) Joni Mitchell,

22) Joss Ackland

23) Shannen Doherty

24) Stanley Baxter

25) Sir Bobby Charlton

Obviously still need to work on my other half and of course revise these should we have a busy end to 2022. Any ideas/thoughts? 

12 minutes ago, Steve said:

A provisional half 2023 shadow list for me: 1) Henry Kissinger, 2) Jimmy Carter, 3) Frank Field, 4) Linda Nolan, 5) Joanne Woodward, 6) Glynis John's, 7) James Whale, 8) Rolf Harris, 9) Barbara Walters, 10) Sandy Gall, 11) Dennis Skinner, 12) George Alagiah, 13) Andy Taylor, 14) Leslie Philips, 15) Buzz Aldrin, 16) Ryan O' Neal, 17) Willie Nelson, 18) Norman Tebbit, 19) Pele, 20) Jean Marsh, 21) Joni Mitchell, 22) Joss Auckland, 23) Shannen Doherty, 24) Stanley Baxter, 25) Sir Bobby Charlton. Obviously still need to work on my other half and of course revise these should we have a busy end to 2022. Any ideas/thoughts? 

That’s a solid start.

27 minutes ago, Steve said:

A provisional half 2023 shadow list for me: 1) Henry Kissinger, 2) Jimmy Carter, 3) Frank Field, 4) Linda Nolan, 5) Joanne Woodward, 6) Glynis John's, 7) James Whale, 8) Rolf Harris, 9) Barbara Walters, 10) Sandy Gall, 11) Dennis Skinner, 12) George Alagiah, 13) Andy Taylor, 14) Leslie Philips, 15) Buzz Aldrin, 16) Ryan O' Neal, 17) Willie Nelson, 18) Norman Tebbit, 19) Pele, 20) Jean Marsh, 21) Joni Mitchell, 22) Joss Auckland, 23) Shannen Doherty, 24) Stanley Baxter, 25) Sir Bobby Charlton. Obviously still need to work on my other half and of course revise these should we have a busy end to 2022. Any ideas/thoughts? 

My only thought is that I just send my crowdsourced list and forgot to put Field and Harris… damn ! 
However, good list !

I would similarly really appreciate any feedback I could get on my potential 2023 Shadow List so far. This includes if there is someone you think is not guaranteed to get a BBC obit from here. Thanks. 

1) Henry Kissinger, 2) Bob Barker, 3) Rolf Harris, 4) Jimmy Carter, 5) Leslie Phillips, 6) Glynis Johns, 7) Nigel Starmer-Smith, 8) David Graham, 9) Jacques Delors, 10) Harry Belafonte, 11) Joanne Woodward, 12) Ted Kaczynski, 13) Milan Kundera, 14) Pelé, 15) George Alagiah, 16) Joss Ackland, 17) Stanley Baxter, 18) James Watson, 19) June Spencer, 20) Pope Benedict, 21) Sandy Gall, 22) Tony Bennett, 23) Emperor Akihito, 24) William Russell, 25) Giorgio Napolitano, 26) Jiang Zemin, 27) Stuart Hall, 28) Jean-Marie Le Pen, 29) Barbara Walters, 30) Robert Wagner, 31) Norman Tebbit, 32) Yoko Ono, 33) Michael Caine, 34) Françoise Hardy, 35) Chaim Topol, 36) Joan Plowright, 37) Marianne Faithfull, 38) Alberto Fujimori, 39) Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, 40) Bill Treacher, 41) Douglas Hurd, 42) Burt Bacharach, 43) General Pervez Musharraf, 44) Cleo Laine, 45) Eva Marie Saint, 46) Liza Minnelli, 47) James Earl Jones, 48) Bobby Charlton, 49) John Farnham, 50) Alain Delon.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts/opinions.

• Like 3

Decent list.All will get a BBC article or obituary.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

I would similarly really appreciate any feedback I could get on my potential 2023 Shadow List so far. This includes if there is someone you think is not guaranteed to get a BBC obit from here. Thanks. 

1) Henry Kissinger, 2) Bob Barker, 3) Rolf Harris, 4) Jimmy Carter, 5) Leslie Phillips, 6) Glynis Johns, 7) Nigel Starmer-Smith, 8) David Graham, 9) Jacques Delors, 10) Harry Belafonte, 11) Joanne Woodward, 12) Ted Kaczynski, 13) Milan Kundera, 14) Pelé, 15) George Alagiah, 16) Joss Ackland, 17) Stanley Baxter, 18) James Watson, 19) June Spencer, 20) Pope Benedict, 21) Sandy Gall, 22) Tony Bennett, 23) Emperor Akihito, 24) William Russell, 25) Giorgio Napolitano, 26) Jiang Zemin, 27) Stuart Hall, 28) Jean-Marie Le Pen, 29) Barbara Walters, 30) Robert Wagner, 31) Norman Tebbit, 32) Yoko Ono, 33) Michael Caine, 34) Françoise Hardy, 35) Chaim Topol, 36) Joan Plowright, 37) Marianne Faithfull, 38) Alberto Fujimori, 39) Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, 40) Bill Treacher, 41) Douglas Hurd, 42) Burt Bacharach, 43) General Pervez Musharraf, 44) Cleo Laine, 45) Eva Marie Saint, 46) Liza Minnelli, 47) James Earl Jones, 48) Bobby Charlton, 49) John Farnham, 50) Alain Delon.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts/opinions.

Good list ! But you may spare a spot by removing Delon which is nothing but à drama queen. The only way he’ll ever die next year is if he gets euthanazied

• Like 1