Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2023

On 22/11/2022 at 20:56, The Old Crem said:

Would she get a QO?

6 minutes ago, Youth in Asia said:

Would she get a QO?

Her illness is being covered by the Sun, Mirror, Metro, Mail, Independent. So 100% she would. 

• Like 1

On 27/11/2022 at 07:09, The Daredevil said:

Oscar Quitak

Lee Montague

Peter Cellier

Michael Craig

Colin Jeavons

John Cairney

Are these elderly neighbours, just I’ve never heard of any of them…

Former secret service agent Clint Hill who is notable for his actions following the Kennedy assassination and is now a published author will be 91 in January, recent photographs show him with tubes going into his nose, does still seem to be active despite this.

51 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Are these elderly neighbours, just I’ve never heard of any of them…

:clivedunn:

• Like 1

Ricky Tomlinson (83) - Jim Royle in The Royle Family

Sue Johnston (78) - Barbara Royle in The Royle Family

Peter Martin (88) - Joe Carroll in The Royle Family

6 hours ago, RIP Wee Jum said:

Ricky Tomlinson (83) - Jim Royle in The Royle Family

Sue Johnston (78) - Barbara Royle in The Royle Family

Peter Martin (88) - Joe Carroll in The Royle Family

I have already included Ricky Tomlinson on my drafted 2023 shadow list. 

Poor Lady Susan Hussey has been forced to retire because some idiot over appropriated her own culture to compensate for the fact that she is a boring Brit. 

The stress of it, and the disgrace, may have a detrimental impact on her health. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Windsor said:

Poor Lady Susan Hussey has been forced to retire because some idiot over appropriated her own culture to compensate for the fact that she is a boring Brit. 

The stress of it, and the disgrace, may have a detrimental impact on her health. 

I'm sick of this race baiting too.  Why couldn't the woman answer a harmless question and say something like "My grandparents were from Nigeria (or wherever)".

Since when was it racist, or offensive, to show a friendly interest in someone's ancestry?  There's nothing to be ashamed of if your forebears were from overseas. 

This woman's social media shows that this has all the signs of being a set-up to embarrass the RF, and sadly Lady Susan fell into the trap.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm sick of this race baiting too.  Why couldn't the woman answer a harmless question and say something like "My grandparents were from Nigeria (or wherever)".

Since when was it racist, or offensive, to show a friendly interest in someone's ancestry?  There's nothing to be ashamed of if your forebears were from overseas. 

This woman's social media shows that this has all the signs of being a set-up to embarass the RF, and sadly Lady Susan fell into the trap.

I do feel the same as you. Stupid thing to say but she shouldn`t become a pariah for it. As you say this was a trap clearly as Fulani could have answered her question even though it was clumsily expressed.

The woman is 83 you can`t expect her to be in tune with all the ever-changing rules of what you can and can`t say. I`m 28 and I struggle with all the constant changes of what can and can`t be said.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Toast said:

Why couldn't she answer a harmless question and say something like "My grandparents were from Nigeria (or wherever)".

This woman's social media shows that this has all the signs of being a set-up to embarrass the RF, and sadly Lady Susan fell into the trap.

I won’t say I think there was any of the implied intent from Hussey, but the question can sometimes be legitimately taken as a micro-aggression, and many people of colour have had it so many times before where their answer of <somewhere in this country> isn’t accepted.

As Sean said before me, the way it was expressed wasn’t good at all, but in this instance surely education would be more effective than cancellation?

I don’t think there was any trap. I do think, however, that there have been multiple instances recently with the RF of, at best, pretty bad optics (eg. Camilla earlier in the week, Charles in the hand-shaking queue, William and Kate’s tone-deafness in the Caribbean earlier in the year), all of which minor and arguable but there is  understandably more awareness of and reaction to things like this Hussey incident as a result.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, TQR said:

I don’t think there was any trap. I do think, however, that there have been multiple instances recently with the RF of, at best, pretty bad optics (eg. Camilla earlier in the week, Charles in the hand-shaking queue, William and Kate’s tone-deafness in the Caribbean earlier in the year), all of which minor and arguable but there is  understandably more awareness of and reaction to things like this Hussey incident as a result.

Sadly some people live to be offended these days.

They need to get over the fact that they’re black and realise that most white folks didn’t exactly have it too easy back in the olden days either. At least slaves had a value…my ancestors didn’t even have that. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

Just saw Fulani describe the altercation as "non physical violence":lol:

• Haha 2
  • Angry 1

20 minutes ago, Windsor said:

Sadly some people live to be offended these days.

They need to get over the fact that they’re black and realise that most white folks didn’t exactly have it too easy back in the olden days either. At least slaves had a value…my ancestors didn’t even have that. 

#Windsor4PeaceEnvoy :lol:

43 minutes ago, TQR said:

I won’t say I think there was any of the implied intent from Hussey, but the question can sometimes be legitimately taken as a micro-aggression, and many people of colour have had it so many times before where their answer of <somewhere in this country> isn’t accepted.

As Sean said before me, the way it was expressed wasn’t good at all, but in this instance surely education would be more effective than cancellation?

It was probably prompted by the colourful African costume that she was wearing.  I would have assumed that she took pride in her heritage, and would very likely have asked about it myself. 

43 minutes ago, TQR said:

There is definitely a campaign among the Sussex fans to reinforce accusations of racism against the RF.

I didn't follow the Caribbean visit, but the footage of Camilla at Barnardos was manipulated to suggest that she didn't want to touch the black child.  If you look at the whole footage and not just the small clip, you see she has her arms round black children.  When she picked up the little girl's sleeve, it was to admire her bracelet.

As for Charles, he did reach back and shake that guy's hand when he realised he'd missed him.  He used his left hand as he was moving on quite quickly. I don't think he even noticed whose hands he was shaking.

This is all engineered because the Sussexes have been given an award for fighting racism in the Royal Family!   Outrageous.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

It was probably prompted by the colourful African costume that she was wearing.  I would have assumed that she took pride in her heritage, and would very likely have asked about it myself. 

It’s literally the equivalent of me dressing up like I’ve just fallen off a shortbread tin and then being absolutely astounded when people ask what clan I’m from.

I don’t know either. Because I don’t have a clan and I’m not one of those twats who cares. 

• Haha 1

Why on earth the Palace thought it was a good idea to invite someone who said that the Duchess of Sussex was subjected to domestic violence by her in laws is beyond me.She clearly has an axe to grind.

• Like 2

Just a shame Phil the Greek wasn't alive to greet her yesterday.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sean said:

Why on earth the Palace thought it was a good idea to invite someone who said that the Duchess of Sussex was subjected to domestic violence by her in laws is beyond me.She clearly has an axe to grind.

I'm disappointed that they've caved in  and issued such an abject apology too.  Should have been more "Sorry if you were embarrassed by a friendly show of interest, but no offence was intended."

An alarming lack of empathy from some people here!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

I'm disappointed that they've caved in  and issued such an abject apology too.  Should have been more "Sorry if you were embarrassed by a friendly show of interest, but no offence was intended."

This is the only apology that will suffice for Fulani.

kiss-it-jesse-jackson.gif

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Toast said:

There is definitely a campaign among the Sussex fans to reinforce accusations of racism against the RF.

This is all engineered because the Sussexes have been given an award for fighting racism in the Royal Family!

Oh for fuck sake, we’re not on the fucking Sussexes again :facepalm: 

Please, please, please, I implore you, just pretend they don’t exist.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, time said:

An alarming lack of empathy from some people here!

The only reason we should have empathy is if being of African descent is a taboo.

Spoiler alert: it’s not. 

• Like 3