Grim Reaper

Michael Gambon

"I didn't come all the way from Ireland to see my land pissed on by free grazers!"  Ha, the way he delivered that line in Open Range made me a fan for life.  Another actor that I'll be sad over when it's his time.  

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Leslie Phillips shits all over your theory. :P 

I thought about that, a good thing for him he actually wasn’t IN the Harry Potter films then. Admittedly though some like Robert Hardy, Margery Mason and Maggie Smith have also broken the trend.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

This is very much starting to look like "a regular activity" orchestrated by some kind of loved one in order to keep him active.

I personally don't think he looks good in those pics He's aged/deteriorated rapidly in just a few years.

Agreed on the first point. As for the second point, well, he got older. Unless the photo of him talking to the Zookeeper is very staged, I think he looks like 81-year old people do.

• Like 1

The Harry Potter series has now lost two cast members (Robbie Coltrane & Leslie Phillips) in the last three weeks. As a commenter pointed out recently, the ranks of the senior Harry Potter cast has been thinning out at an alarming rate. If Gambon survives 2022, he'd be a strong candidate for 2023.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dimreaper said:

The Harry Potter series has now lost two cast members (Robbie Coltrane & Leslie Phillips) in the last three weeks. As a commenter pointed out recently, the ranks of the senior Harry Potter cast has been thinning out at an alarming rate. If Gambon survives 2022, he'd be a strong candidate for 2023.

Same with Maggie Smith aswell then?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Same with Maggie Smith aswell then?

Maggie Smith is there mentally but she doesn't have good mobility nowadays.

• Like 1

I feel Maggie Smith is slightly more active than Gambon these, but i'm just going off what I've read.

• Like 3

Dead.

That's a kick in the stomach. What a legend.

• Like 7
  • Sad 13
  • Shocked 5

Gambon's Final Turn of Fate.

• Like 1

Not quite sure why he was dropped tbh. Us finding out before the wider public that he was unwell was an amazing DL haul and he should've retained a spot. Ah well.

• Like 1

"FUCK FUCK FUCK I'M DYING I CAN FEEL THE FLUID IN MY LUNGS CHOKING ME TO DEATH I'M REALLY SCARED AND FEEL IN PURE AGONY OH GOD SOMEBODY SAVE ME" said Gambon calmly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

I’m afraid that soon we’re going to loose Maggie Smith too, she is already 88 years old.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Reminds me of this Mock the Week line: "I don't know why you're so upset Harry. The original Dumbledore died 3 films ago and no-one gave a s**t".

Definitely a brilliant actor though and enjoyed many of his scenes despite not being the original.

• Like 1

reading how most of the people here know one of the greatest stage actors of all time through his HP roles only hurts even more than his passing.

Well, both Dumbledores now gone...

• Like 2

Feels like we've been losing a lot of Harry Potter actors as of late. It's actually a bit sad, HP was something I associate with my school days (it had gotten super popular at that time) and now we've reached that time where the older actors have began to die off.

• Like 1

He of course had a corner named after him on old Top Gear's track because he nearly rolled the car on his first go and bounced way off the road on his second. He was bloody funny in this interview:

• Like 3

Brilliant actor. His role in The Singing Detective was one of the best TV performances ever. RIP.

• Like 2

I'll drop some of the less obvious performances I associate with him. Kazran in Doctor Who, Uncle Pastuzo in the Paddington duology and the ill fated Arthur in the second Kingsman movie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

reading how most of the people here know one of the greatest stage actors of all time through his HP roles only hurts even more than his passing.

Well, both Dumbledores now gone...

Where do I begin?

We are nearly a quarter century into the 21st century. Yeah, I know.

Some of us older folk remember his turn on The Singing Detective, oh yes we do. I've never been able to sit through The Cook, The Thief, His Wife and Her Lover.

A tremendous stage presence I understand. But what a lot of folk forget is that a lot of these actors perform in London. The touring versions of a lot of stuff (if they do actually tour) don't have the London cast - so we in the sticks just have to take the word of the Standard, What's On Stage, The Oliviers, etc etc etc. How annoying, n'est ce pas?

Internationally, he's going to be remembered for HP - that is a fact. Alan Rickman positively revelled in the fact he'd be remembered for Snape. Most actors get a juicy role and they will simply be known for it. 

Some of us do know what a great actor he was. We are not however going to crow about his lesser known work perhaps from over 35 years ago. But we do know, you know.

• Like 3

One of the first things he did on TV was 'The Other One' with Richard Briers. Interesting watch - cringe comedy decades before The Office came along..

• Like 1