Grim Reaper

Jean-Luc Godard

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Red a lot of french article about him being antisemitic… 

It is a film director kind of thing, ya know, deeply flawed genius or summat.

Please see Allen, Polanski etc.

19 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

5 days on and still no DL Obit. Anyone know what's going on? 

He's good enough for Wikipedia's main page major news, but not for the DL's apparently.

19 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

He's good enough for Wikipedia's main page major news, but not for the DL's apparently.

The people behind DL have had to update that bloody front page for decades, so tell you what? Why don't you write it for them this time? Then they can just copy and paste it over.

So many people on here are happy to complain but offer such little help...

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

The people behind DL have had to update that bloody front page for decades, so tell you what? Why don't you write it for them this time? Then they can just copy and paste it over.

I thought the Committee did not post in here lol

Calm down son, I was just joking around. Nobody cares that much about this (except you of course).

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

I thought the Committee did not post in here lol

Calm down son, I was just joking around. Nobody cares that much about this (except you of course).

I'm not the one complaining. You are.

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I'm not the one complaining. You are.

Some folk would have aneurysms if they were around in 2014!

october 2014 dl.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

It's not like they asked for our help though is it?

1 minute ago, MortalCaso said:

It's not like they asked for our help though is it?

Sometimes it's better to offer before you're asked, especially if you're going to subsequently complain.

I have no problem with the front page not being completely up to date for a week or two. It's hard work. The ppl running DL have lives elsewhere too, and presumably better things to do than eulogising a dead foreign film director.

And as @msc just correctly pointed out, yes it did used to be much much slower...

• Like 2

Although, warning, sometimes you drunkenly offer help if needed one night, and then, before you know it, you are co-host of the Derby Dead Pool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 13/09/2022 at 14:11, Drewsky1211 said:

Reported that he died through assisted suicide.

From the article: "He was not sick, he was simply exhausted. So he had made the decision to end it. It was his decision and it was important for him that it be known".

Only the second death to be unnatural. John Nashs was far more tragic. Next unnatural death, Henry Kissinger will be assassinated days of turning 100?:axe: David Attenborough suffers fatal Tiger attack while revisiting some Life of Mammals locations?:sherlock: Marianne Faithful ODs on her painkillers?:blink::eshock: Hopefully this post isn't as dumb as my threads.

• Confused 1

On 21/09/2022 at 02:30, friedbutty said:

Only the second death to be unnatural. John Nashs was far more tragic. Next unnatural death, Henry Kissinger will be assassinated days of turning 100?:axe: David Attenborough suffers fatal Tiger attack while revisiting some Life of Mammals locations?:sherlock: Marianne Faithful ODs on her painkillers?:blink::eshock: Hopefully this post isn't as dumb as my threads.

How about Jimmy Carter is driven over by a shopping cart?

On 25/09/2022 at 00:32, roaming_comrade said:

How about Jimmy Carter is driven over by a shopping cart?

President Jimmy Carted.

On 21/09/2022 at 01:30, friedbutty said:

Summat in this, mind...it'd add a certain entertainment value if the DLC put - maybe - one a year in there on the basis of likely unnatural death. The early lists were happy enough with Ozzy and Andrea de Cesaris (accident prone racing driver who eventually died in a road accident). Granted those two never delivered as DL picks but there are a few professional positions, I'd offer up my own successful pick of the head of ISIS this year, that find pension plans a bit unneccessary.  

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Summat in this, mind...it'd add a certain entertainment value if the DLC put - maybe - one a year in there on the basis of likely unnatural death. The early lists were happy enough with Ozzy and Andrea de Cesaris (accident prone racing driver who eventually died in a road accident). Granted those two never delivered as DL picks but there are a few professional positions, I'd offer up my own successful pick of the head of ISIS this year, that find pension plans a bit unneccessary.  

Frank Bruno: killed by punch. He was about to fight Tyson, I think.