The Old Crem

25. Denis Law

Brief video message from Denis.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Please rename to the Denis Law thread, fnar fnar. :P

I mean, the n is nigh.

• Like 1

Doesn’t he already have a thread. I am sure one was created when he illness was announced. I think it’s too early for him. 

Just now, The Old Crem said:

Doesn’t he already have a thread. I am sure one was created when he illness was announced. I think it’s too early for him. 

Yeah I remember seeing that thread, and I also think it's too early for him, doubt his ilness (dementia I think?) will kill this or next year

1 minute ago, wannamaker said:

Yeah I remember seeing that thread, and I also think it's too early for him, doubt his ilness (dementia I think?) will kill this or next year

I’ve just checked and it was me who created it. 

• Like 1

A year or two too soon.

Can my thread either be closed or merged into this one please?

8 hours ago, gcreptile said:

A year or two too soon.

I did actually have Denis Law on my shortlist as I only recently twigged its vascular dementia he has, which is a much shorter timeframe. But yes, a year too early, I think.

• Like 1

Watching the Man Utd v West Ham game, Denis Law was in the crowd. He seemed ok. Doesn't look as if he will cark it anytime in the next year.

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

Watching the Man Utd v West Ham game, Denis Law was in the crowd. He seemed ok. Doesn't look as if he will cark it anytime in the next year.

I agree Vascular can be quick but to be well enough to be taken to a football match and them presumably he plans to sit through it all means he is still quite well. 

1 hour ago, Phantom said:

I watched it too.  He's definitely aged and I thought he was a bit gaunt looking. 

Well enough to be at United's game today at Old Trafford, shown in a close up on Sky. Looked somewhat frail but not at death's door. Feels like Charlton may go first. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Deathrace said:

Well enough to be at United's game today at Old Trafford, shown in a close up on Sky. Looked somewhat frail but not at death's door. Feels like Charlton may go first. 

Well Charlton hasn’t been seen in public I don’t think since he was vaccinated for Covid while Law is still well enough to be able to manage going to Old Trafford.  Oddly the last time he was mentioned on here was also Man United v West Ham. I don’t think there is any special reason why he would only go when West Ham visit so he must be going at least semi frequently. 

57 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Well Charlton hasn’t been seen in public I don’t think since he was vaccinated for Covid while Law is still well enough to be able to manage going to Old Trafford.  Oddly the last time he was mentioned on here was also Man United v West Ham. I don’t think there is any special reason why he would only go when West Ham visit so he must be going at least semi frequently. 

I think he does, he was at the Newcastle game the other week too, he must still be in fairly decent health to be able to attend games I thought he would be further on with his dementia by now, as for Sir Bobby Charlton I doubt we will ever see him in public again we will just hear one day he has died. It is 2 years since it was announced he had dementia so I can’t see him been in any fit state to attend games at Old Trafford plus I think he is a more private person than Denis Law and wouldn’t like to be seen in such a condition. 

5 hours ago, Deathrace said:

I'd have to agree, frail but not imminent. Boycs, on the other hand, who's also 82, looks a picture of (relative) health. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jcc said:

I'd have to agree, frail but not imminent. Boycs, on the other hand, who's also 82, looks a picture of (relative) health. 

I have to say that's the best I've seen Boycs look in a long time. 

You could stand Lucile Randon next to Denis and she'd look fabulous...

Yeah, I'm not seeing any sign that Law has turned up to Bobby Charlton's funeral.

6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing any sign that Law has turned up to Bobby Charlton's funeral.

He wasn’t on the list of guests representing Man United (Which he would likely have been on). 

6 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Was David Sadler in attendance either? Both Law and Sadler missed the tribute at Old Trafford a few weeks back.

48 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Was David Sadler in attendance either? Both Law and Sadler missed the tribute at Old Trafford a few weeks back.

Don’t think so. There were not many 70+ ex footballers there really. 

52 minutes ago, Octopus of Odstock said:

Sadler looked terrible in a picture posted hereabouts recently, as in struggling in his own garden. 

Alex Stepney on the other hand...

But then goalies seldom head the ball!

According to the Mail, Alex Stepney, Paddy Crerand, John Aston, Brian Kidd, Sammy Mccllroy, Alan Gowling, Lou Macari, Willie Morgan and Martin Buchan were all there. So one assumes none of them have late stage dementia at least. 

• Like 4