Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2022 List

16 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Conversely it is almost certain that Biden will make the list at some point as long as he doesn't go suddenly.

I can't remember the last time a list did not have a US president, Vice-President or First Lady on.

In my humble opinion, we will see quite a clearing out of high standing U.S political figures by 2025.

I think both Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton are gone by then.

I think there is a good chance we have quite a few surprise deaths as well. Such as former VP Quayle or Gore. Nancy Pelosi (Current Speaker of the House), along with Joe Biden OR Donald Trump. We are heading towards quite a refresh age/experience wise. In the next 10 years could be a whole new country (hopefully that's a positive thing)

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

40 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Conversely it is almost certain that Biden will make the list at some point as long as he doesn't go suddenly.

I can't remember the last time a list did not have a US president, Vice-President or First Lady on.

Yeah.  Really boring picks.

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Yeah.  Really boring picks.

I don't necessarily agree. However they should be used sparingly but I would give more lassitude to the inclusion of a US President, VP or FLOTUS (or Presidential challenger) than say a wrestler or someone's day. They would fall into the two big to miss category but agree Biden should not be on the list until there is evidence he deserves to be

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

than say a wrestler or someone's day. 

I am getting the hint, quite a subtle hint, that you might not be a huge fan of the pro-wrestling lark, Biblio. :D

• Haha 1

Not so much about the picks, but the first two hits of 2022 have brilliant tag lines!  
Ashes to ashes, Durst to dust
Poitier not coming to dinner

7 minutes ago, N. Fritz said:

Not so much about the picks, but the first two hits of 2022 have brilliant tag lines!  
Ashes to ashes, Durst to dust
Poitier not coming to dinner

Durst one was brilliant but Poitier’s one was repetitive, they used the same for Katharine Hepburn and Stanley Kramer already… could have gone for « a point with Poitier » or something about his Oscar 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I think 2012 was, given 2011 had Betty Ford (who died) along with Dick Cheney. Dole would only return in 2013. Same with Bush Sr debuting. Before that though it really has been a while I think

48 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think 2012 was, given 2011 had Betty Ford (who died) along with Dick Cheney. Dole would only return in 2013. Same with Bush Sr debuting. Before that though it really has been a while I think

When did Nancy Reagan make her debut?

9 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

When did Nancy Reagan make her debut?

Nancy debuted in 09 but she too was dropped for 2012 before returning the next year 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Looking at their list, I want to know what Justin Trudeau and Al Gore's are.

(I would not consider Trudeau for another 40-something years)

Someone tried to assassinate Justin Trudeau last year - It could actually happen. 
Al Gore could be a surprise hit.  

Some famous ppl keep their health battles private; Chadwick Boseman, Kelly Preston etc.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 hours ago, MortalCaso said:

In my humble opinion, we will see quite a clearing out of high standing U.S political figures by 2025.

I think both Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter, Dick Cheney, Bill Clinton are gone by then.

I think there is a good chance we have quite a few surprise deaths as well. Such as former VP Quayle or Gore. Nancy Pelosi (Current Speaker of the House), along with Joe Biden OR Donald Trump. We are heading towards quite a refresh age/experience wise. In the next 10 years could be a whole new country (hopefully that's a positive thing)

Didn't I just say that? Could be a surprise death.

I also have some of those names on my list. 

mr-garrison-retard-alert.gif

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 2

Why does the front page have Sir Bobby Charlton but not Sir Michael Gambon or Dame Angela Lansbury or Dame Cleo Lane.

what is the year with the most hits on a single month ? thinking of September 2003 and September 2017 with 5 and 4 hits each but do you know if there's months with more ? 

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

what is the year with the most hits on a single month ? thinking of September 2003 and September 2017 with 5 and 4 hits each but do you know if there's months with more ? 

You still in 2021 mode.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Redrumours said:

You still in 2021 mode.

Yep ahah thanks for noticing it, I changed it !

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

5 deaths:

- September 2003

- July 2007

4 deaths:

- September 1997

- March 2002

- June 2003

- December 2013

- June 2015

- September 2017

- February 2021

I'm just glad they dropped Yoko Ono. Out of principle, I would never pick a Japanese woman on any kind of deathlist.

Great list, think it'll top last year's easily.

1)Dick Van Dyke: Still very healthy at nearly 97. Think he'll make at least 98-99.

2)Henry Kissinger: Think he'll go towards the end of the year.

3)Angela Lansbury: I reckon she'll make 2023 or 2024 but don't think she'll get to her centenary now sadly.

4)Bob Barker: One of the dead certs for this year I think, been in ill health for years 

5)Alan Greenspan: Still quite healthy 

6)Nigel Starmer-Smith: He might go this year or might last another 2-3 years, dementia is unpredictable 

7)Loretta Lynn: Recovered from her bout of ill health now so unlikely to go this year

8)June Brown: I think she'll make 96 or 97 so not quite her time yet

9)Jimmy Carter: Will go this year sadly. Probably towards the end of the year

10)Tony Bennett: Has had Alzheimer's for six years so a strong possibility 

11)Dick Cheney: Been 10 years snce his heart bypass operation so won't go on for much longer 

12)QEII: Will make 100 I think 

13)Harry Belafonte: Very frail and elderly

14)Mel Brooks: Still quite healthy but frailer than a couple of years ago 

15)Mikhail Gorbachev: Won't be here by the end of the year

16)Bobby Charlton: Too early, probably 2024 or 2025

17)David Attenborough: National treasure here in Britain, hope he makes 100

18)Akihito: Too healthy at the minute 

19)Leslie Phillips: Very frail for years and will probably go, but then he's gone on for this long so could make 100 now

20)Rosalynn Carter: Won't last much longer than her husband 

21)Sandy Gall: Don't know if he has any health issues or not, elderly 

22)Desmond Morris: 94 so elderly

23)Ted Kaczinsky: Hopefully a hit

24)Jean-Marie Le Pen: Same as above

25)Estelle Harris: Don't know her

26)James Whale: 71 this year and ill with terminal cancer

27)Cleo Laine: Gone ominously quiet recently

28)Bill Turnbull: Sadly not got long left. Seems a nice person 

29)Jerry Lee Lewis: Very ill

30)Jacques Delors: Elderly and lost his wife in 2020

31)Denis Law: Not ill enough yet

32)Prunella Scales: Could last a few more years

34)Burt Bacharach: One of those you think have already gone

35)Stanley Baxter: Will last until he's between 97 and 99

37)Noam Chomsky: Could go but hopefully not

38)Bill Treacher: Same as above, but he suffers from ataxia

39)Norman Tebbit: An old Tory. Say no more 

40)David Crosby: A good chance 

41)Pelé: A definite 

42)Michael Gambon: Hopefully not, he's a great British eccentric 

43)Douglas Hurd: Another old Tory. See Tebbit

44)Silvio Berlusconi: Won't go yet, standing for President

45)Marianne Faithful: Possible but I think she'll make 2023

46)Milan Kundera: Don't know enough about him

47)Linda Ronstadt: Her average life expectancy with her condition is nearing the end 

48)Jean-Luc Godard: See Kundera

49)Joss Ackland: Think he'll pass away this year 

50)Shane McGowan: Not sure on this one

It does feel as though the Committee have taken our general suggestions much more seriously this year.

well, I guess it's turn for my opinion, not that anyone care but I like it so

DVD - not at death door at all, still don't understand this n°1 spot, old but still in wonderful shape compared to Leslie Philipps who is approximately his age. However, at this age they could succumb to heart attack or something else at any time (e.g. Charles Aznavour, Christopher Plummer) 

Henry Kissinger - old, frail, overweight, probably not a lot of time left, I could see him this year but I think he'll reach 100 as he's still active somehow

Angela Lansburry - old, gone quiet recently, think she has still a little time left, but it's 50/50 in her case

Bob Barker - imo, he'll go this year. Frail for years, old, I can't see him lingering much longer. I have a feeling he's on his way out. 

Alan Greenspan - see DVD. Healthy and active but I don't agree with people saying he should have been dropped : really old, sounds frailish in recent interviews and I don't seem him reaching

c100 so maybe a hit, probably will see 2023 but probably not 2024. 

Nigel Starmer Smith - Don't know who this is, can't talk about him

Loretta Lynn - seemed quite well recently and apparently recovered from her previous health scare. Don't think she in immediate danger and don't think she'll die this year too

June Brown - No interest in here, only known in the UK I think. Think she might go this year though. Don't know about her and don't care but great she's in the list

Jimmy Carter - imo, he's the surest hit of the 50 on the list. I can't see him reaching 2023 considering how frail he was in recent pictures. I still wonder how he managed to reach 2022. Think he will go sooner than we think. A death cert for me. 

Tony Bennett - interesting and complicated pick. Think he's not on death door but I also think he might not be here for too long. Time will tell. He might go in the end of the year or in the first months of 2023. 

Dick Cheney - see June Brown. Dumb pick imo. He could go anytime of heart attack again of course but it's too unpredictable to be on deahtlist imo. Seemed quite healthy at Dole's funeral though so probably not a hit. 

QEII - won't go this year I think. She probably has the most amazing medical team on earth around her and has managed to take time to rest recently. She certainly looks frailer since Philip's death but I can see her reaching 100 and most importantly leaving the throne before dying. 

Belafonte - can see him dying this year. As for Poitier. He's frail, old, rarely seen in public, I think he'll be a hit in the second part of the year, in a time when everyone would have forgot he was on DL

Mel Brooks - see Lansburry. Don't think he's a death door but at this age, he could go anytime from a sudden heart failure or something like that

Gorbachev - don't know what to think of him. Reading people here make me think he's ill or on death door but maybe he has a few more time in him ? I can see him reaching 2023, being dropped and then dying 

Charlton - see Nigel Starmer Smith 

David Attenborough - too healthy and active imo but at this age… again ! 

Akihito - too healthy and active. 

Leslie Phillips - a hit somewhere during springtime. Can"t see him reaching 2023. Overdue. 

Rosalynn Carter - can see her reaching 2023 honestly. But can"t see her living without her husband for very long either. We'll see, 50/50 but I tend to think she won't die in 2022

Sandy Gall - old, really old, frail, probably a hit in long term but will it be his year ? 50/50 too 

Desmond Morris - see Charlton and Starmer Smith

Unabomber - see above. was said to be quite frail and dying as I remember from reading your posts. Don't know who he is but maybe a hit 

Le Pen - I can't see him dying during election year. However, it would piss off everyone and this is what he's known for so… has a few years left in him I think

Estelle Harris - don't know about this one. Don't care also, 50/50 I think, don't have any clue honestly

James Whale - even if he has cancer, he looked quite healthy in the last video I saw of him so I don't think he's at death door already, I would have loved to see Alagiah instead of him 

Cleo Laine - Can see her dying somewhere in the middle of the month. Don't know much about her but seems like a nice person. 50/50 too 

Bill Turnbull - I can clearly see him dying in the end of the year. Don't care a lot about him though. 

Lee Lewis - clearly a hit imo. I could be wrong but I looked so frail… I think he'll go in the summer 

Delors - too quiet, too old, too frail… I think he'll go this year right before or after French elections 

Denis Law - Who ? See Charlton, Morris and Starmer Smith

Prunella Scales - doesn't seemed at death door from what I saw this year. Could go anytime due to Alzheimer but I would give her some more time honestly

Bucharach - don't care a lot about him but I think he's a great contender and could go this year. Don't know why and don't want to explain, just a feeling 

Stanley Baxter - Don't know who he is, don't care about him, but seems old and frail ? Could be his year

Chomsky - old, overweight, frail, I think he'll die in autumn, September or October something like that

Treacher and Norman Tebbit - see Denis Law, Morris, Unabomber, Charlton, Starmer Smith. 

Crosby - think he has a little time left in him imo, still active and healthy but… 

Pelé - Frail, not that old but looked like shit in recent pictures. Wouldn't be surprised if he reached 2023 though, he's still quite young compared to other picks such as Leslie Phillips who looked like shit for 10 year for example. 

Michael Gambon - don't know about him… Think he has a few more years in him. Great pick though but I think (and hope) he'll see 2023

Douglas Hurd - see Treacher, Tebbit, Denis Law etc… Who are those guys ???

Berlusconi - despite recent health scar, won't go this year imo, wasted pick 

Marianne Faithfull - frail, ill, not that old but… I can see her reaching 2023 and beyond tbh 

Kundera - great pick. Could be his year, as he's quite quiet now.... 50/50 

Linda Ronstadt - haven't followed her health updates tbh but considering her age I don't think she'll go this year

Godard - Frail, old, could be his year yeah 

Joss Ackland - see Douglas Hurd and other…………

Shane McGowan - tricky one… I don't think he has a lot more time in it, don't think he's already at death door too… Will probably reach 2023 but I can't see him reaching 70 

• Like 1

Might as well do this too.

#1, DVD: Old, not frail. Could go on for years. 

#2, Henry Kissinger: Old, frail but still active and could stand with aid last year. I think he'll live but at his age you never know. 

#3, Angela Lansbury: Not responding to fan mail is often a sign of actors and actresses reaching the end. Not sure what to think about this one.

#4, Bob Barker: Very frail for the last years, gave an interview around five months ago but there hasn't been a new picture of him during the last years. I'd be suprised if he's still alive in 2023. 

#5, Alan Greenspan: Old but still active. Could go on for years.

#6, Nigel Starmer-Smith: I didn't know who he is until he was mentioned here a couple of months ago, but he has end stage frontal lobe dementia that has progressed very quickly. I think he'll be a hit before July.

#7, Loretta Lynn: 89, bad pick in my opinion. Seems to have recovered from her stroke, could end up a perennial pick.

#8, June Brown: Chain smoker, 95 next month. Recently said that she's "going to die of something fairly soon" and I would not be suprised if she did.

#9, Jimmy Carter: Ancient. Sadly can't see him making it to 98. 

#10, Tony Bennett: Alzheimer's for years, like with Carter I think that he'll go in his sleep one day during the next months.

#11, Dick Cheney: He isn't in a wheelchair, could be a bit early but I wouldn't be suprised if he died this year, his heart is running out of time. Also a former chain smoker, there's a chance he'll get the Lung C, seems to be a popular disease among republicans.

#12, Queen Elizabeth II: Too big to miss, even though she looks great, she'll be 96 in a few months. I don't think she'll go this year, but you never know with these 90+ folks.

#13, Harry Belafonte: Frail. Sadly I think he'll be a hit this year.

#14, Mel Brooks: Frailer than a while ago, good pick. 

#15, Mikhail Gorbachev: I don't know how ill he is but he looks frail and too big to miss.

#16, Sir Bobby Charlton: Diagnosed with dementia in 2020. Could be too early.

#17, David Attenborough: Hopefully won't die this year.

#18, Emperor Akihito: Now the fifth time he's on the list, only 89, can still walk properly, still works (the fish research he's doing) and probably one of the healthiest-looking people on the list. Bad pick.

#19, Leslie Phillips: How the hell is he still alive? 

#20, Rosalynn Carter: Frailer than a couple of months ago, good pick.

#21, Sandy Gall: Don't know his current condition.

#22, Desmond Morris: Same as Gall.

#23, Ted Kaczynski: Risky pick, he could be in hospice at FMC Butner or he could be in for treatment of something else. 

#24, Jean-Marie Le Pen: Not sure what to think about this one. Looked too great in 2021 but I don't know if he's ill.

#25, Estelle Harris: Boring pick IMO. Nobody seems to know anything about her current condition, latest imdb credit from 2019.

#26, James Whale: Too early?

#27, Cleo Laine: Is she ill?

#28, Bill Turnbull: Seems like the better new cancer pick.

#29, Jerry Lee Lewis: Good to see him back after 28 years, I can't see him making it to 2023. Ultrafrail, unable to talk clearly and has declined during the last months. I'd guess he's completely bedbound at this point.

#30, Jacques Delors: Good pick. Reportedly in failing health and failing to attend events.

#31, Denis Law: Mixed dementia, but probably too early.

#32, Prunella Scales: Could, according to family, still recognize her relatives in December. There are better dementia picks out there.

#34, Burt Bacharach: Don't know his current condition, but didn't look so frail last year.

#35, Stanley Baxter: I don't think he'll go this year, but you never know.

#37, Noam Chomsky: Looks and sounds horrible and lost his brother last year.

#38, Bill Treacher: Was unable to walk in 2015.

#39, Norman Tebbit: Apparently frail. Seems like a good pick.

#40, David Crosby: Probably exaggerating his heart problems considering the fact that he's still able to tweet every day and not senile either judging by his tweets.

#41, Pele: Cancer, has been frail for years, seems like he'll go this year.

#42, Michael Gambon: Has been afraid of Alzheimer's for over a decade now due to his memory problems and was recently unable to attend the Potter reunion. Could be a bit too early.

#43, Douglas Hurd: Looked frail years ago.

#44, Silvio Berlusconi: Bad pick, still active and would be suprised if he dies this year. Should've chosen President Napolitano.

#45, Marianne Faithfull: Emphysema and other health conditions, had covid followed by pneumonia in 2021 that she "miraculously survived" but apparently it fucked up her lungs. 

#46, Milan Kundera: Heart failure sufferer who didn't participate in the making of a new document about him last year (but his friends did), good pick.

#47, Linda Ronstadt: Suffering from Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP) for over 8 years, life expectancy of someone with it from the start of symptoms is usually around 6-10 years.

#48, Jean-Luc Godard: Apparently very frail.

#49, Joss Ackland: Looked very frail in April 2020, good pick.

#50, Shane MacGowan: Wheelchair-bound for years, barely survived a bout of pneumonia a few years ago and has had multiple falls, on the other hand he looks better than he did three years ago. Wouldn't be suprised if he died next week but he could go on for another year or two. Can't really compare him to anyone else, he's been hanging on for so long.

• Like 1

Who thinks that Death has been fired and replaced with an agency worker on £2/hour?

• Haha 4

On 13/01/2022 at 17:49, Lafaucheuse said:

Durst one was brilliant but Poitier’s one was repetitive, they used the same for Katharine Hepburn and Stanley Kramer already… could have gone for « a point with Poitier » or something about his Oscar 

"In the cool of the morgue"?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Who thinks that Death has been fired and replaced with an agency worker on £2/hour?

Was thinking it's generally been a good time to be a name celeb from a US perspective, after the January craziness. Obviously that would be different if I lived in UK but I think Albright's gonna be the first time I write a DDP obit for one in a couple months.

10 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Was thinking it's generally been a good time to be a name celeb from a US perspective, after the January craziness. Obviously that would be different if I lived in UK but I think Albright's gonna be the first time I write a DDP obit for one in a couple months.

There have been some big name deaths but mostly they are coming from the left field.

Death's apprentice looks at the to do list and sees Leslie Phillips,  Norman Tebbit and Tony Bennett and thinks no I'll do Shane Warne, Taylor Hawkins and Auntie Bloody Mabel.