Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2022 List

Starmer-Smith,  Lansbury and 1 other for 12.

Though I've a feeling one of Faithfull/Ronstadt won't see 2023.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, msc said:

Starmer-Smith,  Lansbury and 1 other for 12.

Though I've a feeling one of Faithfull/Ronstadt won't see 2023.

Trust and keep faith with your gut feelings.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

My eight have an overlap with yours but not completely

Lansbury, Barker, Starmer-Smith, Baxter, Phillps, Pele, Hurd and one of the Carters but not both

I've actually discounted anything happening to the Carters this year but I could be wrong. 

• Like 3

At this point of the year I say that Lansbury, Barker, Kundera and Pelé will be DL-hits.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Trust and keep faith with your gut feelings.

Please not Marianne Faithfull! I couldn't stand losing another icon this year after Olivia Newton-John! :(

• Like 3

I reckon the list will get 13 hits. I predict Lansbury, one of the ailing sports names (Starmer-Smith, Charlton, Law, Pelé) and two other nonagenarians will go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Book said:

Please not Marianne Faithfull! I couldn't stand losing another icon this year after Olivia Newton-John! :(

I meant to mention Bill Treacher  too. Perhaps he will replace Marianne in this years  hits.

• Like 2

Near the end of August, sitting at 4 hits, I thought we'd struggle to hit double-digits. All it took was six weeks...

• Like 5

That's all the women in the Top 20 gone, except for Rosalynn Carter. Will she last until the end of the year?

• Like 2

Ah this point and scrolling down through thé top 20, we have a gap of 2 or 3 spots between each death. To continue this trend, either Leslie Phillips or Akihito have to go.

• Like 3

We have now overtaken last year

image.thumb.png.8b920b36e34fa73781cc2659fd499819.pngThe most common number of hits beyond this stage is 3

I am going to say 3 more hits which will take us to 13 which only once before was the final result

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

3 more hits which will take us to 13 which only once before was the final result

I’m also thinking another three hits. Specifically, Ted Kaczynski, Joss Ackland and Leslie Phillips, in that order.

• Like 2

On 04/10/2022 at 11:25, MortalCaso said:

I think we have a range of 3 to 5 left. 

There has been a few obvious selections that have made it quite far, they won't all make years end. 

Have had 2 since this. Expected AL. JLL was a bit more unexpected.

Stand by what I said, which means 1-3 hits left. If Carter, Bennett, Phillips, Barker all make it till 2023 I'd be shocked. At least one more will come from those four.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I am saying two more hits and we are done for the year 

I was thinking, is this the highest quality of hits the DL has seen in one year? It's at 11/50 now and those eleven:

The Queen, Poitier, Gorbachev, Lansbury, Godard, Jerry Lee Lewis all huge A list names.

June Brown and Estelle Harris massive TV stars in their own countries.

Loretta Lynn a big name in music.

Bill Turnbull, while not on their levels, was a familiar and much-loved daily TV face in Britain for the past 20+ years.

There's also Robert Durst who is the outlier but even he had a lot of current infamy due to all his murdering and the Netflix series coming out about him.

None of this Bill Gate's dad or Kirk Kerkorians this year, it's nearly all been your cream of the crop.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, msc said:

I was thinking, is this the highest quality of hits the DL has seen in one year? It's at 11/50 now and those eleven:

The Queen, Poitier, Gorbachev, Lansbury, Godard, Jerry Lee Lewis all huge A list names.

Bill Turnbull, while not on their levels, was a familiar and much-loved daily TV face in Britain for the past 20+ years.

There's also Robert Durst who is the outlier but even he had a lot of current infamy due to all his murdering and the Netflix series coming out about him.

None of this Bill Gate's dad or Kirk Kerkorians this year, it's nearly all been your cream of the crop.

Now watch Bas de Gaay Fortman grace the list next year!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, msc said:

2018 was pretty solid too. You had George H.W Bush, Barbara Bush, Stephen Hawking, Billy Graham, John McCain all world famous names. Stan Lee, Charles Aznavour, Mark Smith and Neil Simon all huge names in their respective fields. Lord Carrington, Denis Norden and even Tessa Jowell all household names in the U.K.

• Like 3

On 11/10/2022 at 23:39, Lafaucheuse said:

Ah this point and scrolling down through thé top 20, we have a gap of 2 or 3 spots between each death. To continue this trend, either Leslie Phillips or Akihito have to go.

And the trend continues ! Now desmond Morris has to go 

All that moaning from the usual suspects (like, err, me) and we're batting the normal average by November as usual!

From a drought of almost 5 months to a flood of 9 hits in about 2.5 months. The DL works in mysterious ways.

• Like 1

On 01/01/2022 at 11:08, gcreptile said:

I know, I know, complaining is easy... but the list is a little "narrow" for me. It could use a wider perspective beyond US soap actors and UK politicians, broadly speaking.

However, I think the list will do slightly better than last time.

Well, we're there now. Slightly better might mean another hit, but I kind of expect more now.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DoorSlammer said:

From a drought of almost 5 months to a flood of 9 hits in about 2.5 months. The DL works in mysterious ways.

It's known as the enema. That is  the mysterious powers name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2