Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

Have always been too much of a coward to go up against the genius deadpoolers of the forum. But since I'm trying all sorts of different pools this year...I'm in.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Predictor said:

Have always been too much of a coward to go up against the genius deadpoolers of the forum. But since I'm trying all sorts of different pools this year...I'm in.

You might get lucky and draw me in the first round

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Anyway, let us copy/paste Joey's rules from last year:

The Deathlist Cup

1.    This is a knockout tournament featuring one-on-one matchups between Deathlist forum posters. These matches will be determined by use of a random draw, using Random.org.

2.   Unless we happen to end up with 2/4/8/16/32/64 entrants, then certain competitors will get byes to the Second Round. This will be based on results from the 2020 Cup: ie, winners first.

In the copy and paste should this have been updated to 2021?

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

In the copy and paste should this have been updated to 2021?

Yes. Yes it should. 

• Thanks 1

I was kinda thinking I won't have enough time this year, but I'm too tempted, so I'm in

• Like 1

I'll play. See if I can get a 20-point squonking at the hands of Banana three years running.

• Haha 2

I'll try it again.

1 hour ago, Captain Hemlock said:

Hmm, thinking about this one, but I’m sure to be embarrassed in it.

If you go out in the first round you will be in a large group. Even if you get a Squonking (technical term) that is more down to your opponents picks than your own. One year I managed to get to the third round just on coin tosses and byes.

Those worried about Squonking should remember this thing has had Rover beating Spade, Willz beating Chorizo, Boudicca go on a 2 or 3 month streak where she didn't concede a single "goal", and deadsox beating DI, DDT and Spade in consecutive months. There isn't a single person on the forum who can't beat any of the others over the course of a single month if the luck of the picks goes in their favour, even if that other person would trounce them over a year long competition. That's imo the beauty of the Cup. 

• Like 2

PS Did Squonk EVER come back to the forum? We chased him away by making him an adjective for being murdered...

• Like 2

I will give it ago this year.

19 minutes ago, msc said:

PS Did Squonk EVER come back to the forum? We chased him away by making him an adjective for being murdered...

Do you know or think Men in Black will ever return?

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Do you know or think Men in Black will ever return?

I don't know (he left with some secrets of the DDP untold) but I doubt it. Whereas Spade stuck around to agony aunt any question, no matter how dumb.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, msc said:

Those worried about Squonking should remember this thing has had Rover beating Spade, Willz beating Chorizo, Boudicca go on a 2 or 3 month streak where she didn't concede a single "goal", and deadsox beating DI, DDT and Spade in consecutive months. There isn't a single person on the forum who can't beat any of the others over the course of a single month if the luck of the picks goes in their favour, even if that other person would trounce them over a year long competition. That's imo the beauty of the Cup. 

There is still space for those plucky little non-league teams.

Just now, Bibliogryphon said:

There is still space for those plucky little non-league teams.

Havant and Bibliogryphon-ville.

• Haha 1

I'm in. Always up for losing in the first round.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, msc said:

I don't know (he left with some secrets of the DDP untold) but I doubt it. Whereas Spade stuck around to agony aunt any question, no matter how dumb.

Oh that's a shame  . 

Oh I'm sure there isn't a multitude of dumb questions on an esteemed forum  like this!:P;)

1 hour ago, msc said:

Ok you convinced me. Count me in!

• Like 1