Spade_Cooley

Deathlist Cup 2022

9 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

TQR v. Gooseberry Crumble

@Gooseberry Crumble Ah, well if it isn’t the super-gayweight title fight. 

My only hope is that there is an absolute deluge of celebrities giving birth in the next week and a half to distract you from putting together a team that I know will absolutely shit mine up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Salmon Mousse said:

I get the sense this was more selected than drawn... because of the clear love we have for each other. :lol:

I can promise that the #narrative function was not enabled for this draw.

• Like 2

So, its Babyblue in the first round. Hmmm, lets see what we have here. Not a lot of form to go on. Lurked on the forum for last year, but didn't take part in the Cup, so nothing there to go on. Teams for pools like the Hares, Numbers and Deathrace this year would suggest that he/she is no mug. A leaning towards older European (especially Italian) celebs, which definitely has the potential for danger as they could easily turn into unique hits. Could be an interesting match, and certainly no gimme. 

Will certainly have to take a bit more care than I did last year, especially with the subs. 

Also have the difficulty of judging Spades limits on "fame" - how much scraping of the barrel will be allowed. Given Spade's history, I suspect that the bar will be pretty low, but how far to push my luck?

Sorry Spade, but you are going to be getting a very late team from me in the first round. Can't have my players slinking off the pitch in the hours before the kick-off as happened last year. I suspect they will all be needed. 

3 hours ago, TQR said:

@Gooseberry Crumble Ah, well if it isn’t the super-gayweight title fight. 

My only hope is that there is an absolute deluge of celebrities giving birth in the next week and a half to distract you from putting together a team that I know will absolutely shit mine up.

Battle lines drawn!!

• Haha 1

Engineer v GUN is a rematch of our second round tie of 2020 which I won 9-3.

However I have a shocking record of rematches in the Cup having lost to both Joey and Chorizo in rematches having beaten them both first time round.

i have selected the first two topplers for my team that are doomed now to die before midnight on 31st leaving me with all the usual pumpkins.

The return of the YW "Mon The Jags" team has been submitted to Spade, thanks for running and good luck in Round Two to @Pop_Zeus by whom I presume I will be soundly thrashed within an inch of my life. ;)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

The return of the YW "Mon The Jags" team has been submitted to Spade, thanks for running and good luck in Round Two to @Pop_Zeus by whom I presume I will be soundly thrashed within an inch of my life. ;)

@YoungWillz I would be most surprised on my first ever entry in this. Here’s to a good clean game. Wait, I’ll take the win however it comes!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

Engineer v GUN is a rematch of our second round tie of 2020 which I won 9-3.

However I have a shocking record of rematches in the Cup having lost to both Joey and Chorizo in rematches having beaten them both first time round.

i have selected the first two topplers for my team that are doomed now to die before midnight on 31st leaving me with all the usual pumpkins.

Could be worse, of course. In 3 of the 5 Cups, I've been drawn against Reptile. The current score is me 0, Reptile 3. I've a better win/loss record against Spade ffs...

3 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Gary Housteau the first of many fallers before the start line. I am basically Death when I'm drafting up my Cup teams until the day the round starts when I suddenly become Life.

Great Photographer Gary Housteau Died of Cancer at 57 - US day News

At last, a rhyme for my epic poem about Jacques Cousteau! :lol:

• Haha 1

Just found my Joker!  Won’t be as cool as that Portland, OR DJ, but just as effective.  I hope lol.

Team sent. I’ll take 6 points. Bye.

Team sent

@Spade_Cooley tried to email you, says you aren't accepting email, so I assume it's FULL at the moment.  I"ll try again on the morrow.

8 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

@Spade_Cooley tried to email you, says you aren't accepting email, so I assume it's FULL at the moment.  I"ll try again on the morrow.

Try now

Yep. Will put up a list of teams I haven't received teams from tonight so there's no confusion as to who hasn't made it through.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, TQR said:

Team sent. I’ll take 6 points. Bye.

And one of them has died. For the sake of fuck.

• Haha 1

Obviously most of you will be submitting as the deadline looms, but just for clarification these are the teams I don't have yet:

Masterffull
Sir Cunto 
Salmon Mousse 
MortalCaso
Sean 
HDS 
wannamaker
Joey Russ 
Bentrovato
Sideik
Annami 
Hell
Grim Up North 
Predictor
An Fear Beag
John Key

Time to start thinking about my entrance music...

• Like 1

My team is in.

I don't have much faith in my team, but we shall see how the cards play!

Team sent via PM (eventually, though originally mistakenly as a public message).  Spent way too much time on this today.  Guaranteed that I shot myself in the foot over-researching.  So burnt out I forgot how message sending works, ffs.

• Like 1